• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-05/06: DOMINICA!!! May 24-31 AND May 31-Jun 7, 2014

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#46 SecondChanceGirl

SecondChanceGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Owsi, retired
  • Logged Dives:>1,000,000

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Kim aka secondchancegirl
Payments Summary To Date we will list as we receive it
Wk 1 (May24-May31) or Wk 2 (May31-Jun7): Wk 2 (May31-Jun07)
Extra Days/Nights: No
Int'l Flight Details: do not know yet
Charter Flight: BVI Airways, $260.00 leaves at 2:30
Nitrox $133 for 10 Trip Dives (or $13.30 per tank extra) or $266 if doing both weeks: yes
Whale Tour $59: yes, receive free due to early booking discount
D/O or S/O: D/O
Garden View or Ocean View: Garden View
Documents: SD AIR Auth Form - _____ SD Waiver - _____ SD Survey - _____ SD Ins Summary - _____ we will list as we receive these
Dive Insurance Current: dive insurance is mandatory: I will get and send info to you
Trip Insurance: MUST choose one B
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): none at this time
Other/Special Requests: none at this time
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
a. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and get to Book/LOCK IN one of the BVI AIRWAYS $260 flights from the limited number of LOCAL CHARTER FLIGHTS SD HAS BLOCKED FOR US.
b. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59
c. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE PUP CD of troprock and scuba music!
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.
  • WreckWench likes this

#47 SecondChanceGirl

SecondChanceGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I would like to upgrade my garden view to ocean view for the 2nd week of this trip. I have already paid in full for the garden view, so the upgrade cost should be an additional $105.00. I will await approval of the upgrade before paying the difference. Thank you so much for your help! Kim Hanson

#48 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

I would like to upgrade my garden view to ocean view for the 2nd week of this trip. I have already paid in full for the garden view, so the upgrade cost should be an additional $105.00. I will await approval of the upgrade before paying the difference. Thank you so much for your help! Kim Hanson

Thanks Kim for your Booking Template; welcome aboard the Dominica trip! I will include your upgrade request in the booking template and add the complete template to what we had started for you in topic Post Three. Please remember to review the Dominica Trip Private Message (PM) thread for further instructions on things like gathering, preparing and submitting your trip documents, request help booking your flights (if desired) and other essential stuff. Please feel free to post questions about the trip here in this topic or via email to trips@singledivers.com and again welcome! :welcome:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

OCEANVIEW UPGRADES:

We have had some confusion on oceanview requests so please bear with us as we get them figured out. It will take a couple of days as I'm in Palau with only a little access and we are 14 hrs ahead of you all. :thankyou:

p.s. Did I mention we are in PALAU!!! Its been great! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

OCEANVIEW UPGRADES:
We have had some confusion on oceanview requests so please bear with us as we get them figured out. It will take a couple of days as I'm in Palau with only a little access and we are 14 hrs ahead of you all. :thankyou:
p.s. Did I mention we are in PALAU!!! Its been great! :teeth:

Okay, after a brief preliminary bout of confusion on my part I now have things ironed out: Kim aka secondchancegirl has requested she and Scot aka Starshark20013 both upgrade from D/O Garden to the S/O Ocean View. :cool1: I will clean up the Third Post - sorry for any acid reflux! :-D
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#51 SecondChanceGirl

SecondChanceGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Here with dive accident and trip insurance information: Dive Assurance #204020: for Kim Hanson - week 2 DOM trip. Thanks, Kim

#52 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Here with dive accident and trip insurance information: Dive Assurance #204020: for Kim *removed for personal info protection* - week 2 DOM trip. Thanks, Kim

Thank YOU Kim! :thankyou: And my apologies for the earlier upgrade misunderstanding....

#53 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

:cheerleader: After trying to scan docs and send them in for the trip, finally just faxed them. :cheerleader:

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 21 February 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#54 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hello Donna, I am tagging you with blank Quote under your Display Name so the system will be sure to alert you to this post. I see you have recently submitted a Deposit for the Second Week in Dominica; please remember to post a booking template as your official confirmation and I can get you into the trip Private Message (PM) thread so you can see what docs you need to fill out.

And what the heck, I will risk a "Welcome Aboard the Dominica trip!" :welcome:

#55 sharkalover

sharkalover

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

All right, I made a decision and I am in! sending $500 deposit in after I post this.

MONTHAKAN aka SHARKALOVER
Payments Summary To Date:
Wk 1 (May24-May31)
Extra Days/Nights: may need May 31st
Int'l Flight Details:

Charter Flight: no BVI flight needed
Nitrox $133 for 10 Trip Dives (or $13.30 per tank extra): yes for one week
Whale Tour $59: yes
D/O or S/O: choose one - D/O
Garden View or Ocean View: OCEANVIEW

Documents: SD AIR Auth Form - _____ SD Waiver - _____ SD Survey - _____ SD Ins Summary - _____ we will list as we receive these
Dive Insurance Current: dive insurance is mandatory: list vendor & policy # DAN 2146925

Trip Insurance: MUST choose one
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.

Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out):
Other/Special Requests: Considering night dive($66) and extra 2-tank dive ($88)
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
e. I paid my deposit by 3-15-14 and get ONE chance at a FREE Whale Tour
g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.
  • WreckWench likes this
Formerly jiab523...now sharkalover!

#56 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

All right, I made a decision and I am in! sending $500 deposit in after I post this.

MONTHAKAN aka SHARKALOVER
**SNIP!!**

Hello Monthakan and welcome aboard the Dominica Trip! I have already replied to your document submission email message, you are off to a great start!

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

Hey MR I am so happy you can join us! Currently we are working on getting more o/v's from the sister resort so will have to list you as garden until that is confirmed.

It will be great to spend my b-day weeks with you! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#58 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Logged Dives:301

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

I am very seriously considering this trip. I would be doing both weeks, possibly arriving one day early from San Juan. I was thinking of treating myself to a s/o ocean view, but that seems to be not an option for the second week. I assume my options would be to move to a garden room or to an ocean view with a roomie. Any way I could still get a single ocean view for the whole time plus maybe one extra day on the front end? And I assume the deposit will be $1000 for both weeks, not $500, yes?

#59 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

I am very seriously considering this trip. I would be doing both weeks, possibly arriving one day early from San Juan. I was thinking of treating myself to a s/o ocean view, but that seems to be not an option for the second week. I assume my options would be to move to a garden room or to an ocean view with a roomie. Any way I could still get a single ocean view for the whole time plus maybe one extra day on the front end? And I assume the deposit will be $1000 for both weeks, not $500, yes?

Hello Jaque! You have summed up the rooming availability pretty accurately. For Week One the S/O Ocean View is still available as is just 1 D/O Ocean View, but Week 2 we are completely sold out of Single OR Double Ocean View rooms but certainly if you are willing we can arrange a move over to the Garden View side, where the one S/O room is still available or we have plenty of D/O Garden View rooms available.

Each week is managed as a separate trip even when joining for both weeks, so at $500 per week so you are also correct regarding a $1000 deposit. We hope you will join Kamala and the gang for one of the very few truly pristine dive environments left in the Caribbean! :diver:

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Hey Jacque...you'll be blown away by the diving...if you arrive a day early I should be there so you won't be alone and I'll be there until the 9th along with Orcaman so you'll have members for both sides of the trip.

We are totally sold out of ocean the 2nd week and none next door at the sister hotel either. But garden won't be bad and we'll set it up where you only move across the hall when you change rooms which will make the moving part much easier and pretty painless actually. My one s/o o/v room is literally open the door and walk 10ft and you are at the door of a garden view so that is closest room to put you in to minimize the change of rooms.

I hope you can join us! :wakawaka:

p.s. And yes as Brad said it would be $1000 deposit.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users