• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-05/06: DOMINICA!!! May 24-31 AND May 31-Jun 7, 2014

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:157

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Is the Ocean View worth the extra $105? :fish2: :fish2:

#17 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Question? Is the airport we fly into Melville Hall Dominica? Do the transfers included apply from this airport? I am looking at a direct flight from DC to Melville with 2 stops arriving at 5:55pm on Sat; how would the optional air from St Martin be applied if I wanted to use that service. Waiting to b approved for vac time.

Hi Donald, yes DOM is Melville Hall Dominica International Airport and the transfer is included from this airport to the hotel (and of course back to the airport when leaving). If you lock in your reservations you mention above into DOM you will have no need for the shuttle service. If you find a better price flying in and back from SXM and decide to book a round trip shuttle between DOM and SXM using Kamala's air shuttle contract, you would stipulate this in the Travel section of the Booking Template and pay the shuttle cost $260 in full as a separate Option line item via the Payment Gateway.

The bold and italicized portions also address your questions and include important caveats; I have edited the original text to hopefully make things more clear. If you have more questions reply here or email trips@singledivers.com at your earliest convenience.

============================================================
TRANSFERS:
Transfers are included from the Melville Hall Airport to the hotel. The ride from the airport to the island (I'm sure she means the resort) is approx 1 hour.

AIRFARE:
IF your Airport Target City is SXM: Most divers choose to book their own air so they an use miles, their preferred carrier or because they have more time to search out deals. If you wish for SingleDivers.com to research and/or book your airfare ticket for you we are happy to do so for a $30 administrative fee. (Does not apply to booking the charter air for you)
SXM to DOM: You can fly via Liat and have a host of airport options. Prices range from $236 to $277 round trip. You can NOW fly via AA.com and its codeshare with WinAir. If you wish to fly on BVI Airlines for $260 (SD.com has a block on many seats to help you get to Dominica) you can book spots on our limited contracts which will enable most people to get to DOM in one day! Those paying in full for the trip can book spots first...then those who deposit and post their template on the site... get dibs for any remaining spots after the "paid in full's" have done so. NOTE to book a seat using our contract air you MUST BOOK A ROUND TRIP SHUTTLE FLIGHT AND PAY FOR THE SHUTTLE FLIGHT IN FULL WHEN YOU BOOK IT. IF YOU NEED OTHER FLIGHTS ON BVI AIRLINES WE CAN ADD THEM TO OUR CONTRACT FOR YOU.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Is the Ocean View worth the extra $105? :fish2:/> :fish2:/>

Its a coin toss. You spend so much time ON the water...eating OVERLOOKING the water...hanging out WATCHING the water that I don't think you really need to sleep seeing the water. I only do the o/v because the room most centrally located for me as the group leader happens to be an oceanview room so I have to pay for it to get that room.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 REGULATOR

REGULATOR

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Question? Is the airport we fly into Melville Hall Dominica? Do the transfers included apply from this airport? I am looking at a direct flight from DC to Melville with 2 stops arriving at 5:55pm on Sat; how would the optional air from St Martin be applied if I wanted to use that service. Waiting to b approved for vac time.

Just need reply to first 2 questions. Also, just want to confirm that I am guaranteed a d/o when signed up for the first week with no extra days?

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

I think Brad covered everything but just to be sure:

1. Yes DOM Melville Hall is the airport.
2. Yes the transfers are from this airport to the RESORT (not the island... LOL!)
3. If you can find a direct flight GO FOR IT!!! Direct options exist on AA.com with WinAir and Liat. Or you can fly into SXM St Marteen and use our charter air on BVI for 4260 round trip. Please note the flight times. You need to arrive in St Marteen no later than 3pm and you need to depart SXM no earlier than 2pm on your return.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

P.S. don't forget to upgrade to premier membership if you are going! :thankyou:

formerly...

#22 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Let me know if I the below looks OK.

2. Gwyn, gmk
Payments Summary To Date: using a trip refund
Wk 2 (May31-Jun7)
Extra Days/Nights: No
Int'l Flight Details: Will post when available
Charter Flight: #206 on 31 May and #203 on 07 June
Nitrox $133 for 10 Trip Dives: yes
Whale Tour $59: yes FREE AS EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT
D/O or S/O: D/O
Ocean View:
Documents: SD AIR Auth Form - _____ SD Waiver - _____ SD Survey - _____ SD Ins Summary - _____ we will list as we receive these
Dive Insurance Current: dive insurance is mandatory: DAN 1882550
Trip Insurance: MUST choose one
a. I have insurance that covers this trip already. (through DAN)

Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out): Additional Boat Night Dive, 1 day of additional two tank dives (assuming these dives are done in time for the charter flight)
Other/Special Requests: Tell us your special needs....ex: vegetarian, will do single or double occupancy to help with rooming
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
a. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and get to Book/LOCK IN one of the BVI AIRWAYS $260 flights from the limited number of LOCAL CHARTER FLIGHTS SD HAS BLOCKED FOR US.
b. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59
c. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE PUP CD of troprock and scuba music!
g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.
  • WreckWench likes this

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Looking for a new credit card to sign up for after I use my air miles on this trip. What cc do you all use for the best bang for your buck for air travel? Also, just want to confirm that I am guaranteed a d/o when signed up for the first week with no extra days?

Credit Card offers are about as varied as you can get and EVERYONE will have a different opinion. I'll break this out for you so it can be a separate discussion.

And YES as long as you sign up for our trips 45 days in advance you are GUARANTEED d/o with same gender roommate unless you request/volunteer to room with a gal.

AND the trip is GUARANTEED TO RUN!!!

Hopefully you'll be able to join us!

formerly...

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

GWYN: I can not confirm you in an o/v at this time. I can confirm you in garden view for week two and I have you as first on the list for an o/v if one opens up for a female share.

formerly...

#25 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

That's fine.

GWYN: I can not confirm you in an o/v at this time. I can confirm you in garden view for week two and I have you as first on the list for an o/v if one opens up for a female share.

#26 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'm going to switch to week 1 because of a work obligation Posted Image I found out about today for the week I signed up for last night. So now May 24 - 31.

I'll update my post and documentation.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#27 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

1. Kathy aka little mermaid
Payments Summary To Date: we will list as we receive it
Wk 1 (May24-May31) or Wk 2 (May31-Jun7): Both Weeks
Extra Days/Nights: No
Int'l Flight Details: Will get these to you
Charter Flight: Not needed
Nitrox $133 for 10 Trip Dives (or $13.30 per tank extra) or $266 if doing both weeks: yes both weeks
Whale Tour $59: yes - RECEIVING FREE AS EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT Do I get one for each week?
D/O or S/O: D/O
Garden View or Ocean View: Garden View
Documents: SD AIR Auth Form - No SD Waiver - yes SD Survey - yes SD Ins Summary -yes we willist as we receive these
Dive Insurance Current: DAN #1708946
Trip Insurance: MUST choose one
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out):
Other/Special Requests: Tell us your special needs....ex: Mostly vegetarian, will do single or double occupancy to help with rooming, new Rent-A-Buddy program etc.
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
a. I paid in full by 2-11-14
b. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59
c. I paid in full by 2-11-14 and got a FREE PUP CD of troprock and scuba music!
d. I paid my deposit by 2-11-14 and get TWO chances at a FREE Whale Tour
g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

Wahoo Sign me up.

Special Birthday present to me :teeth:

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 06 February 2014 - 01:43 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Gwyn...you can NOW upgrade to oceanview if you like.
Kathy...YEAH!!! We will celebrate TOGETHER!!! And you can upgrade to oceanveiw if you like as well!

Each of you please decide what you want since Butch's moving to WK 1 opens up 2 o/v spots for girls!!!

p.s. KATHY you DO get to do the whale tour twice if you want and of course pay in full for both weeks! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#29 gmk

gmk

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

I'll take the ocean view room if its available. But if I end up as the only female wanting an ocean view room, I can switch to garden view...as long as I'm AT the ocean all will be well.

gwyn

:fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

Gwyn...you can NOW upgrade to oceanview if you like.
Kathy...YEAH!!! We will celebrate TOGETHER!!! And you can upgrade to oceanveiw if you like as well!

Each of you please decide what you want since Butch's moving to WK 1 opens up 2 o/v spots for girls!!!

p.s. KATHY you DO get to do the whale tour twice if you want and of course pay in full for both weeks! :wakawaka:/>

#30 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

I'm going to switch to week 1 because of a work obligation Posted Image I found out about today for the week I signed up for last night. So now May 24 - 31.

I'll update my post and documentation.

Thanks Butch for providing the updates, I will watch for them. Sorry about the work obliserve crowding out week 2. :taz:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users