• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Too Single or Too Fun???

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:20 PM

I was about to close my browser window & call it a night ( at least for an hour or so) when I noticed all the other people logged. Now, I won't expose them out of :sweetie:, but the question arises- Is this board fun or WHAT??????

Peersonally, I need to be studying but have found it nearly impossible to get off of here! Everytime I think I've gotten all the posts read & my replies written, I discover that there is yet another post- new member, new joke, whatever & get absolutely sidetracked.

I have one request for you all: STOP BEING SO MUCH DARN FUN TO INTERACT WITH!!!! :taz: I'm having the hardest time prepping for my 2K exam thanks to you guys!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#2 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

I am closing my browser now....It's closing....Can't you tell????? :sweetie:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#3 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:22 PM

I'll be back....
Marvel

Posted Image

#4 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, it's hard to do work when I have this open ALL DAY!!

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#5 No Pressure

No Pressure

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

Hey Marvel. If you are still prepping for the 2K exam..... we all passed it about 4 years ago!
Diving; My zen space.

#6 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:28 PM

Hey Marvel, I know the feeling I'm usually on this throughout most of the day, but weekends I try and take a break. However you think this is bad, wait until you go on a trip with the group and it's time to go home, Dang now that's hard! :sweetie:

Dejah

#7 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:38 PM

Hey Marvel. If you are still prepping for the 2K exam..... we all passed it about 4 years ago!

Yeah, but I am BLONDE!!!!! (notice that I'm back??) I didn't get a lick of study done but I did shoot off some follow up letters to the sponsors of our FL tour- I was in Vegas last week at a billiard trade show. one question: Can I dive now???? :sweetie:
Marvel

Posted Image

#8 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

I'll be back....

Shall we send a cadre of ninjas to your house to cut the phone and/or cable feeds? Would you get any studying in then???

LOL. We know you'll be back...

#9 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:08 PM

I'll be back....

Shall we send a cadre of ninjas to your house to cut the phone and/or cable feeds? Would you get any studying in then???

LOL. We know you'll be back...

Watch out! I spend 6 years studyig martial arts (Kuo Shu) - them ninjas don't scare ME any!!!

:sweetie: (marvel running away)
Marvel

Posted Image

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, it's hard to do work when I have this open ALL DAY!!

Diverlady

Can you say.....DITTO!!! Yep....think how hard it is for me to get any work done when you guys are just waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooo much fun!!!

Heck look at how many posts I have....however Walter is FINALLY ahead of me....GOOD and others are catching up....BETTER!!! Cuz I have a lot of work to do to get the rest of 2004 trips finalized and then work on 2005 trips and someone mentioned PNG for 6/06 so I need to work on that too!!!

But you know what???? I've never had this much fun on other similar sites....so all I can do is say THANK YOU!!!! You all are awesome!!!!

P.S. Ok so the other thing I can say is.....recruit all your friends...and fellow divers!!! We NEED more fun people like yourselves!!! LOL!!! :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:02 AM

Hey Marvel, I know the feeling I'm usually on this throughout most of the day, but weekends I try and take a break. However you think this is bad, wait until you go on a trip with the group and it's time to go home, Dang now that's hard! :diver:

Dejah

Can't wait for that, really! Gotta figure something out....
Marvel

Posted Image

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:16 AM

Hey Marvel,  I know the feeling I'm usually on this throughout most of the day, but weekends I try and take a break.  However you think this is bad, wait until you go on a trip with the group and it's time to go home, Dang now that's hard!  :cool2:

Dejah

Can't wait for that, really! Gotta figure something out....

Ah....don't fight it! I've just given into the pleasure......ahhhh!!! -ww

Hey can you imagine how much fun you'd have if you were hanging with us in person??? NOW that's a great thought to start the day right!!! :o

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 sacowboy

sacowboy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:open water

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:35 AM

Marvel,

This is really a simple thing to do. It is called multitasking. I'm sure you know all about that. How do you think I study for my CCNA??? lol

Chuck

#14 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:14 AM

Marvel,

This is really a simple thing to do. It is called multitasking. I'm sure you know all about that. How do you think I study for my CCNA??? lol

Chuck

And I'm just not very good at it! Funny, that's supposed to be a female strength, too. On the other hand, once I get started doing something, I pursue it to completion... :clapping:
Marvel

Posted Image

#15 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:53 AM

Marvel,

This is really a simple thing to do.  It is called multitasking.  I'm sure you know all about that.  How do you think I study for my CCNA??? lol

Chuck

And I'm just not very good at it! Funny, that's supposed to be a female strength, too. On the other hand, once I get started doing something, I pursue it to completion... :clapping:

My kind of lady! I hate multi-tasking!
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users