• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-03: BEST OF FIJI Mar 3-10 or 3-14 Beqa or Mar 10-20, 2015 Siren Liveaboard

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#181 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

Found this for a tour on the last day if your tour company can't get a better price or do half day. This is on Viator for $45.17 and has a 1pm departure from Nadi area hotels.

- http://www.viator.co...d23-2260FJTR45N

Here's the description:

Travel through the beautiful Sabeto Valley to the Gardens of the Sleeping Giant, where you will discover the largest orchid collection in Fiji. Enjoy a 360 degree view of the island from Vuda Lookout, and enjoy a tropical fruit juice and seasonal fruits from the orchard as you relax in a Fijian Bure. 

Highlights
  • Explore the beauty of Fiji, from 360 degree lookouts to colorful orchids on this half-day tour
  • Walk through the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, largest orchid collection in Fiji
  • 360 degree view of Nadi Bay and the Yasawa Islands from Vuda Lookout
  • Enjoy a refreshing juice
  • Plenty of photo opportunities
  • English-speaking guide
  • Hotel pickup and drop off

• Elias likes this
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#182 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

also want Nitrox and large tank.

Can we use American money at the resort

thx :thankyou:

#183 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:320

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

I have not heard back from Discover Fiji Tours so I contacted a friend who used to be the cruise director on the Siren to see if he knows of a tour outfit that will pick up at the boat, do a day tour and then drop at the airport. Waiting to hear from him.  I have done the Sleeping Giant & Orchard garden tour.  These sites are between the boat and Nadi so you will shuttle past it, check into your day room and backtrack.  All good and it is a nice tour but not what I want to do on my last day in paradise. If I can't find a pick up at the boat, I'll take the arranged transportation to Nadi and try to find another tour. If I can't work it out, I'm going to the airport, checking my bags and will pay $75 for the Fiji Airways VIP lounge. Complimentary food, pour your own top self complimentary cocktails and comp wifi.  It's comfortable, quiet and close to the departure gate. Not giving up on getting a "Fiji experience" for the last day...thinking a village tour with kava ceremony....totally Fiji and an opportunity that should not be past up.  Trying to find a way to make it happen. If I find something I welcome anyone/all to join me. My 3rd trip to Fiji...Freaking excited! The people of Fiji are open and super friendly.  Looking forward to seeing those I met on the Roatan trip and meeting new friends.  BULA!

#184 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

I believe that on the Siren there is a night that we go to a village for a kava ceremony. So that may be checked off the list without a tour on the last day. Maybe you can ask your Siren connection...
  • SeaLassie likes this
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#185 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

I believe that on the Siren there is a night that we go to a village for a kava ceremony. So that may be checked off the list without a tour on the last day. Maybe you can ask your Siren connection...

Kava with the people of Fiji...  they told me there are 3 sizes, Tsunami, High Tide and Raindrop....last time I was way too skeptical and did a Raindrop (out of a coconut shell) if I knew how to post the picture on here I would..it's pretty funny...maybe this time I'll bump it up to a High Tide??? No matter, to have this experience with the people of Fiji is AWESOME and should not be missed.  I hope I'm not stepping on toes or rocking the boat...I just don't want to spend my last day in paradise on a shuttle bus to a hotel. That may be the only option but I'm still looking for something different. 

#186 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:28 AM

Worse case Sealassie....if you want you can come spend the day at the Sheridan at Denarau island with me? Very close to the airport. It's ocean front, great beach, pool, spa etc. I can only take one person (free) however since I'm checking in for two nights and the room is max 2 occupancy ;)
It is also my 3rd trip to Fiji. I leave TODAY!!! It's 5 degrees in Chicago and -25 windchill is forecasted tonight. My bestie Anne and I are going to spend two weeks island hopping and touring. Then she has to return to reality and I'll see you guys either the 7th at Beqa or the 10th on the Siren. I'll be the very relaxed looking girl with the deep brown tan kissing my cabana boy goodbye,lol.
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#187 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

I would be interested Kimbuddha!  You lucky lady leaving today!  Appears to be a good time to get the heck out of Chicago. tt's been beautiful and very Spring-like in Seattle.  I will be at Beqa on the 3rd.  See you then.  Have a great trip!

#188 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

No tours for me, thanks!  Done the Kava ceremony.  Tsunami every time.  See you soon!

#189 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

Oh yeah, it was 82 here today...Hatin' it!

#190 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

Sealassie and Sqbagal...  I'm definitely interested in doing a tour.  I can skip the orchid / garden tour.  With my totally irrational bee phobia, a garden is probably not the best place for me.  Will keep an eye out for any feedback from your friend, Sealassie.

Thanks!!

#191 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

No worries, SeaLassie - no toe stepping here.  I haven't been to Fiji so I have this "need" to see it all and do it all BUT I don't want to spend the last day on a bus or in a van either. Depending on what else I can find between now and then, I may just grab a cab after checking into the day room to take me to the Hindu temple, the largest one in the southern hemisphere, and wander there and the street vendors for awhile.  Naturally, any or all of you are more than welcome to wander with me :)

#192 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

Traci, the temple is definitely worth the effort.  I'm just going to chill that day.  Enjoy!

#193 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Thanks, Tim. Chillin' may be all I'm up to on that day as well, but for now I just assume I won't be able to sit still...

I'm already packed & counting the minutes...I'm SO ready and SO NEED this!! It's been a bit stressful lately....

#194 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

My gear is packed, other than switching out wetsuits from Galapagos.  Packing for higher temps on board too.  Yeah, I had some calm for a short while.  It's always something.  I am ready to check out again, as well.  See you soon!  Let me know if you want to get together to watch the Galapagos videos before we go.  Take care.

#195 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Still haven't heard back from anyone in Fiji.  Screw it!  They'll be the 7 days at Beqa to figure out what we can do after getting off the Siren on the 20th. Someone at the resort should have some suggestions. I'm pretty stoked and ready to go.  Gear is packed....problem getting it down to 100 pounds...fighting with self on what to take out....

For all of you flying out of LAX on March 1st.....If Figi Airways has not changed their departure gate I will be in the bar that's very close to the gate. My flight gets to LAX at 4:47....by the time I get over to the international terminal and get my duty free shopping done I should be in the bar about 6-6:30. Come join me...let's get the party started!  PM me for my cell number. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users