Jump to content

  • These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Chemistry


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

    I spend too much time on line

  • Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Location:Houston, Tx
  • Gender:Female
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

What is this elusive quality in relationships known as "chemistry"? For me, it goes way beyond attraction, physical, emotional, or even romantic. It enables me to accept and to truly love someone fully, to accept their flaws as well as assets when it comes to "us". To want the best for that person, and stick by them through thick and thin. I see many of these qualities in my friendships as well, especially loyalty and wanting the best for them. But with chemistry, it goes deeper on a level that I can't even begin to describe, It nearly always takes time to develop for sure, but I know when it is and isn't there.

 

If I have "chemistry" with you, I can accept the imperfections in our relationship, In many cases, even be endeared to you because of them. It won't matter, as long as we are together. Your happiness will be my priority. But if I do not have "chemistry" with you, it simply won't matter how good looking you are, it won't matter how great your personality is, It won't even matter how many of the criteria you meet that I "think" I want in a partner. It will never work romantically between us.

 

Of all the men I have known throughout my life, I have had "chemistry" with far far fewer than 5% of you. Despite the fact that I may love some of you in the remaining 95% very deeply, it will always be platonic, and there is nothing either you or I can do to change that. No words of love, no gifts, no favors, no wooing, no begging will make a difference.

 

But for that rare few percent for which I do have "chemistry", it can be profound. If I should be so fortunate to meet one of you in that rare small fraction who has reciprocal feelings for me, I suspect that it will be a love story for the ages.


  • SassyLilCutie likes this
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

    Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

  • Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,100 posts
  • Location:Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & Dallas, TX
  • Gender:Female
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Very eloquent...I think that sums it up for most of us. Sadly the rare combination of love, chemistry and luck do not line up as often we would like. :banghead:


  • Mermaid Lady likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users