• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-08: Aug 1-8 AND Aug 8-15, 2015 Roatan BASHES!!! With Edge & YOGA/HEALTH/WELLNESS/WEIGHTLOSS SPONSORS!!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 ScubaFran

ScubaFran

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:OWD & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:48

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

Frances aka ScubaFran
Week #2
Payment Summary to Date: Paid in Full
Media Luna AI Pkg $1259 d/o or $1491 s/o: D/O
Extra Days/Nights: No
Nitrox $150: Yes
Boat Night Dive: Yes
Zipline: Maybe...if night dive is a no go, payment to go towards zipline
Trip to West End (There will be a fee for travel $TBA): Yes
Barbaretta Island Trip to dive offshore islands $199: Yes
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes I will bring supplies & help deliver them
Other Activities: Massages!!!
Documents: All submitted in online form
Dive Insurance CURRENT: Yes Dan 
Trip Insurance: I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
Flight Details:  Submitted

#62 ScubaFran

ScubaFran

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome!  I'll be sure to check out the feedback forum.  The online tool to submit documents made it so easy and quick to do. 

I signed up and paid in full!  Completed majority of documents but need to complete the template in this thread.  Will do within the next few days.  So excited!  This will be my second trip with SD!  First was in Belize in 2011-2012 and had so much fun!!!

Welcome aboard the Roatan BASH Fran, and thanks :flower: for the wonderful endorsement WRT your previous trip with Kamala and the BSP (Belizian Scuba Posse, my pet name for that trip). :teeth: As The Wench mentioned above, Booking Templates as well as much other admin overhead has been rendered obsolete with the streamlined NEW website. We viewed with pleasure how you have worked swiftly through the sign up process - it would be appreciated if you would create a topic with your observations, impressions and any suggestions here in our Feedback Forum. :angel2: Again, welcome aboard!

#63 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Wait! Did I just read that the costume contest for week #2 is a no-go? But I just got the 800 lb gorilla suit packed - I've always wanted to be the 800 lb horilla in the room. Oh well, more room for school supplies in the suitcase.

Welcome ScubaFran to week #2; its going to be a blast.

Does anyone know if the same masseuse is there from 2013? She did a great job.

Scott
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#64 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome!  I'll be sure to check out the feedback forum.  The online tool to submit documents made it so easy and quick to do. 

I signed up and paid in full!  Completed majority of documents but need to complete the template in this thread.  Will do within the next few days.  So excited!  This will be my second trip with SD!  First was in Belize in 2011-2012 and had so much fun!!!

Welcome aboard the Roatan BASH Fran, and thanks :flower: for the wonderful endorsement WRT your previous trip with Kamala and the BSP (Belizian Scuba Posse, my pet name for that trip). :teeth: As The Wench mentioned above, Booking Templates as well as much other admin overhead has been rendered obsolete with the streamlined NEW website. We viewed with pleasure how you have worked swiftly through the sign up process - it would be appreciated if you would create a topic with your observations, impressions and any suggestions here in our Feedback Forum. :angel2: Again, welcome aboard!

Hey Fran, I just noticed that you signed up for week 2 of this trip :cool1:     You made my day.  I am looking forward to see and dive with you again. :fish2:

• ScubaFran likes this

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

Wait! Did I just read that the costume contest for week #2 is a no-go? But I just got the 800 lb gorilla suit packed - I've always wanted to be the 800 lb horilla in the room. Oh well, more room for school supplies in the suitcase.

Welcome ScubaFran to week #2; its going to be a blast.

Does anyone know if the same masseuse is there from 2013? She did a great job.

Scott

Actually the costume contest for BOTH weeks is canceled due to the small turn out. And yes its more room for school supplies, (Think books kids can read) and life supplies and food!)

There were several gals who did massages last year so hopefully ALL are still there. ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#66 ScubaFran

ScubaFran

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

WOW this is my second SD trip and to think that I'll see some of the same good people again - this is awesome!   :laugh:    It's going to be so much fun!  :cheerleader: Woohoo!

Hey Fran, I just noticed that you signed up for week 2 of this trip :cool1:     You made my day.  I am looking forward to see and dive with you again. :fish2:

#67 ScubaFran

ScubaFran

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Gals and guys, one of the reasons why I've always wanted to go to Roatan was because I've read that there's a lot of small critters that can be found if you look closely. Has anyone seen sea horses in their dives?  What is the best way to spot them?  Anything other creatures out here that you wouldn't normally/easily see compared to Belize or Coz?  :fish2:

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Gals and guys, one of the reasons why I've always wanted to go to Roatan was because I've read that there's a lot of small critters that can be found if you look closely. Has anyone seen sea horses in their dives?  What is the best way to spot them?  Anything other creatures out here that you wouldn't normally/easily see compared to Belize or Coz?  :fish2:

Yes we'll see some seahorses! The best way to spot them is to have the dive guide show them to you! ;)  I know...I know...there is one in every crowd! LOL! But seriously...they are getting more and more rare so you almost have to have the guides show them to you. Remind me to ask for one or two on the trip! The BEST place for frogfish and seahorses is Indonesia, then Dominica, then Bonaire/Roatan.

It will be a great trip! The marine life is very heathy and the Eastern Reefs are very nice. You'll have a blast!

• ScubaFran likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#69 MizTee

MizTee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Hi Scuba Fran
I've seen sea horses in both Cozumel and Bonaire. They're usually in shallow (25-35 ft) sandy areas in the grasses. Roatan sounds like the perfect environment for them. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'll be there week 1.
Sandy. MizTee
  • ScubaFran likes this

#70 ScubaFran

ScubaFran

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

SWEET!  That will be one of my trip goals!   :cool2:   Crossing my fingers too MizTee.   :pray:

Yes we'll see some seahorses! The best way to spot them is to have the dive guide show them to you!  ;)  I know...I know...there is one in every crowd! LOL! But seriously...they are getting more and more rare so you almost have to have the guides show them to you. Remind me to ask for one or two on the trip! The BEST place for frogfish and seahorses is Indonesia, then Dominica, then Bonaire/Roatan.

#71 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hey Kamala:

You suggested books that kids can read? Did you know that Dr. Seuss is publishing a new book? It is the first new book in 25 years and it is called "What Pet Should I Get?" It should be an instant classic so I've ordered ten copies for the kids (and a few for me). Any other good ideas on specific things to bring?
  • ScubaFran likes this
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#72 Rusty Reef

Rusty Reef

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:85ish

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

Just paid for the Nitrox Pkg.  Will be certified on Tuesday.  Let's get this party started!

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Just paid for the Nitrox Pkg.  Will be certified on Tuesday.  Let's get this party started!

GREAT!!! And congrats!

formerly...

#74 MizTee

MizTee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hey Kamala
Are there plans for getting to the hotel from the airport? I'm flying in on 8/1. Delta arriving 12:26 pm

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Hey Kamala
Are there plans for getting to the hotel from the airport? I'm flying in on 8/1. Delta arriving 12:26 pm

YES basically you look for a sign that says MEDIA LUNA and/or SingleDIvers or SingleDivers.com They will help you with bags and take you to the hotel. The airport is about an hour away so make sure you go to the rest room at the airport if possible. Also you may want to stop and get some water or candy/snacks.  The resort includes all drinks including sodas and house booze but if you need something special get it at Duty Free or at the store before getting to the resort. If you need certain snacks consider bringing them from home.

It will be a low keyed trip with less than 10 each week so we'll have a blast! In fact it will feel like I'm on vacation with so few people! :cool1:

p.s. I may or may not be at the hotel before you arrive. The rooming is set up so please wait until I get there to make any changes if needed. Thank you! :respect:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users