• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-08: Aug 1-8 AND Aug 8-15, 2015 Roatan BASHES!!! With Edge & YOGA/HEALTH/WELLNESS/WEIGHTLOSS SPONSORS!!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hi Brad:

Just emailed all my documents to Trips@singledivers.com. Also forwarded them to Teresa to complete. Not a big hurry but let me know when you got them and that everything isthere on the paperwork end of things. Thanks for all that you and the others are doing on the Admin side.
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

NOTE: To all those wanting to sign  up for this trip..... PLEASE post you plan to do it....and we'd love for you to tell us what you want via our booking template.....since we will run both systems in tandem for a few months....BUT PLEASE DO NOT DO THE DOCUMENTS THE OLD WAY!!! We are porting all people signed up for trips into our new booking system and we will have you either sign up there if you are new...and/or finish your progress payments via the new system AND we will have you do your DOCUMENTS ONLINE VIA THE NEW SYSTEM!!!! :thankyou:  Kamala aka WreckWench and the SD.com Team

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

If you are on this trip but have NOT been added to the TRIP PM (private message) please let us know. If you have not upgraded your membership to premier or above...please do so and then we can add you to the TRIP PM.  The TRIP PM is used to send you valuable information you need for this trip. Please upgrade now so we can add you to this valuable communication loop that you will not find in the thread.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 Rusty Reef

Rusty Reef

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:85ish

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

I'm thinking about this trip for Week 1.  Originally, I had this as a Plan B in case my dive buddy bailed on Cozumel. He's married but his wife doesn't dive and will not be going on this trip. If we wanted to change this to a plan A for both of us, is this an option?

#35 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

I'm thinking about this trip for Week 1.  Originally, I had this as a Plan B in case my dive buddy bailed on Cozumel. He's married but his wife doesn't dive and will not be going on this trip. If we wanted to change this to a plan A for both of us, is this an option?

Hello Rusty, and welcome aboard our community of buddyless but active divers. Yes both weeks still have plenty of D/O and S/O rooms available. It's one of Kamala's most popular annual trips, primarily because there is more of a balance of above water and below water activities. Have your buddy register and join the group! It's a blast every year I've been associated with SingleDivers.com, so take that for what it's worth...

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Welcome! This resort is quite lovely for non-divers in case your friend's wife decides to join in at the last minute. In fact ALL our trips are like that....friendly  to bubble watchers and flexible so if one of your plans change or do not materialize...the other's are not negatively affected.

And we can help with what we call 'private or individual or small group travel" where we set up your non -SD trip for you but you get many of the same perks and 'buying clout' of our over 10,000 members.

So we'd love to have you on this trip as it has a great price point and covers EVERYTHING!!!  Let us know how we can help!

formerly...

#37 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

Greetings Rusty:

I went on this trip in 2013 and had a great time. I planned on returning in 2014, but life got in the way. Even though I am moving across country to Columbia SC in mid-July, I committed to make this trip this year (week #2). I am bringing my girlfriend (also a diver) to this place because the resort and the diving are both so spectacular. The resort is wonderful with large sunning decks, multiple pools, a beach and cove for swimming and kayaking, decent fitness center and non-stop food and drink (no wallet needed). The island trip is definately worth the extra cost for both the diving and the fresh caught lobster for lunch. I have done Cozumel three times and have yet to find anything there that can match what I experienced at the Media Luna in Roatan. I am certain you guys will not be disappointed if you make this option A.
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#38 Rusty Reef

Rusty Reef

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

It looks like this is moving to my Plan A as my friend cannot commit to either trip at this time for financial reasons. But if things change, he may see if the option is available a little later. For either Cozumel or Roatan, flights are booking up fast from ATL, and I don't want to miss an opportunity for some good diving this year.  The Caribbean calls me! I'm very interested in Roatan for a new experience! But Cozumel has never dissatisfied my diving thirst after many trips. Comparatively speaking (w/ dives) in the area, I have been slightly disappointed with Belize, Cayman Islands, and The Bahamas. But I'm confident Roatan should not disappoint. And I'm interested in meeting new dive friends too! I'll be making plans here next week.

Starshark, welcome to SC!  I don't know a lot about Columbia, but I'm confident you'll find the Southeast to be a great place to call home for many reasons.  Wreckwrench, your home Lake Jocassee is my home too. :) I kayak there regularly.

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

Hey Rusty....I just noticed you are a neighbor.... I live in Salem about a mile from Lake Jocassee where my husband has a dive shop and charter business. We are looking at possibly doing a small SD.com dive day later this month or in later July. You'll have to join us!

Your assessment of Belize, Bahamas and GRAND Cayman are pretty much spot on.  I would say that Roatan and Cozumel are very close in diving with Cozumel winning out slightly...but then that is what makes Roatan so great....its nearly as great! ;) And the price is great for our pkg.... 3 BOAT dives daily plus all meals and all taxes and all booze and beverages..... YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!!! Oh yes and a beautiful resort!

If you love the Caribbean you need to try:

Cayman Brac

Little Cayman

Dominica

They will all three blow your socks off! (The smaller Cayman Islands are two to three times the diving experience of Grand Cayman!)  And Dominica is the crown jewel!)

I hope you join us....and if you come up to Lake Jocassee give me shout and say 'hello'!  Kamala aka WreckWench

formerly...

#40 Rusty Reef

Rusty Reef

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hi Kamala,

Thanks for the info! I work a heavy week until Monday, at which time I'll start pulling the pieces together for this trip. It sounds like a great trip, which is why I'm planning to go! If I'm free when/if you do your dive at Jocassee, I'd love to go. It will be good to check-out the gear anyway.  Ps.. I've dived with Off The Wall a couple of times when Brandon was there and I know Bill a little. Never met you though! I knew Brandon very well from his days in Charlotte.  Small world eh? :) - Rusty

#41 Rusty Reef

Rusty Reef

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Hope this trips pulls attendees like the September trip has!  But my vacation dates are set and I'm booked for this trip Aug 1-8th.  All but the medical release form is done.  Flight is booked.  Ready to dive! Maybe a dive in Jocassee Kamala, to wet the gear?

Edited by Rusty Reef, 16 June 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hope this trips pulls attendees like the September trip has!  But my vacation dates are set and I'm booked for this trip Aug 1-8th.  All but the medical release form is done.  Flight is booked.  Ready to dive! Maybe a dive in Jocassee Kamala, to wet the gear?

YES we are gong to do a dive at Jocassee to wet gear and meet some local members! Yes it is a small world.... Bill of Off The Wall Charters is my husband and Brandon my step son! 

I'll start a new topic for those interested and possible dates. And

And of course WELCOME TO THE TRIP! We'll certainly draw more people soon!

• Rusty Reef likes this

formerly...

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

FAVOR:

We'd love for ANYONE to do a Testimonial in our NEW SYSTEM!  It can be about how much fun our trips are...your experiences with SingleDivers.com, the new system etc. Basically anything you would like to tell others about us!  Here's how:

1. Go to www.SingleDivers.com and log in

2. Under ABOUT click on TESTIMONIALS

3. Click on ADD TESTIMONIAL and then add your thoughts

4. Then click on POST TESTIMONIAL

That's it! Super Simple!  But worth its weight in gold to us! :thankyou:

formerly...

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Thank you Ms ScubaPunk for updating the "Who's Going" list!  :thankyou:

Now lets get some more people on this trip! We have 5 per week and I know of at least 2 more going who are NOT on the list!

And NO MATTER HOW MANY GO....THE TRIP IS GUARANTEED TO RUN!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#45 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

I decided to join you on the zip line jungle tour. Just paid for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users