• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NO 2016 FLORIDA trip thisyear. Conflicts with SD's move to FL

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Sadly I have part of our company move to Florida conflicting with this trip. I will not be on the trip and its officially delayed until next year. Once we are based in Florida we will have a lot of trips in our new backyard!

If some of you still want to try and do this trip I will try to set it up so you can dive with the operators we were going to use. They would love the peeps on the boat. BUT...this trip will require that one or more you rent a car to get to and from the diving ops and pick up tanks at the dive shop etc. If you want me to help I will but I am scheduled to be moving this week ...so can not dive. :(

SAVE THE DATES!!!

What does that mean?

It means that we have locked in these dates to this destination and THEY ARE FIRM!!! All that remains is for us to open the trip up for booking. We typically do that 6-9 months in advance but starting in 2016...we'll be opening trips up 9-18mo in advance depending on the destination and timing.

This will allow our members to better plan AND be assured that they have a guaranteed spot on their dream trip.

How does it work?

If you would like advance notice when this trip opens up so you can secure a spot early since some sell out in as little as 24 hrs., simply post in the SAVE THE DATES thread/topic that you want to be added to the notification list and we'll add you to the list. NOTE: You can not add yourself to the list...but you can add a post/reply that you want to be added and one of our amazing trip coordinators will add your name to the master list.

How am I notified?

We use our site's internal messaging system called a PM (private message) to notify members when a trip is open for booking. It protects your identity, it hides your contact information but it allows EVERYONE to see the same information and you can see real time what others are saying without revealing your own contact information. We encourage you to upgrade to our PREMIER MEMBERSHIP level which is only $35 a year and qualifies you for a $25 member rebate after every trip if you file for it. PLUS you can get the earliest notification that a trip is open. We require it to go on the trip so upgrading early gets you first access to limited spots!

If you are still a BASIC MEMBER we will send you an email notification that the trip is open and ready for signing up. It normally takes us a day or two to create these emails and get them out to all the basic members wanting advance notification, but we will get it out to you.

How do I upgrade my membership?

If you want to be sure of early notification here is how you upgrade your membership.

1. Make sure you are logged into the site. (You can tell if you are logged in because you see your sceen name/display name in the upper right of the forums.
2. Click on the MEMBERSHIP tab across the top of the forums under the SingleDivers.com logo and under the login area.
3. Choose premier or any of the other upgraded membership pkgs and then follow the prompts for payment. If you choose paypal you'll be upgraded immediately by the system. If you choose the SD.com payment gateway you'll be upgraded usually the next business day since its a manual process.*

*If using the SD.com payment portal you will be asked for a 'trip ID number'. Just enter 1 and it will allow you to complete the payment for $35 if choosing the premier level.

Notify List:

1. Brad aka dive_sail_etc

2; Patty aka N.J. Turtle

3. Jose aka jesterdiver

4. Sherrail aka pink diver

5. Jerry aka Stayyoung

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

Will want to add this to Cuba

There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

Thanks Jeff...that will be our plan is to add a BOFL trip in conjunction with Cuba!  So before or after?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

Personally, I would prefer BOFL before as I plan to drive down so I'll only have 1/2 of Fla to pass through to get to KW and the Spree

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

#5 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Am interested in the trip, was hoping you would do Florida again, yay!   :flower:

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

Am interested in the trip, was hoping you would do Florida again, yay!   :flower:

Patty you are on the Notify List! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Personally, I would prefer BOFL before as I plan to drive down so I'll only have 1/2 of Fla to pass through to get to KW and the Spree

Jeffster you are on the Notify list (just in case!) :teeth: :diver:

• Pink Diver likes this
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#8 Pink Diver

Pink Diver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

I'm in,will be working the election on that Tuesday so I'll have to work something out
  • dive_sail_etc likes this
Sherrail D'Amato

#9 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

I'm in,will be working the election on that Tuesday so I'll have to work something out

Sherrail we can work with you on this; we understand and highly respect those who volunteer time for civic responsibilities like electioneering... :angel2: You are on the Notify List for Best of Florida!  *bubbles*

#10 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

Are the dates changing since cuba is oct ?

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

Are the dates changing since cuba is oct ?

No Jeff, I am guessing you refer to the addendum to Jose's name on the Notify List. (Now I see it was noted next to your name as well back when we were still negotiating dates with the Spree.) :blush2: I just based that on his post, did not consider the dates for Cuba are confirmed in Oct. Thanks for the catch, I will edit that off right wawy to avoid more than my usual amount of confusion. :wacko:

#12 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:25 AM

Guess I cant stretch it that long ,I'm out

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

Guess I cant stretch it that long ,I'm out

Sorry to lose you - but the Cuba trip is open now so you should get at least a deposit in if you can do an October trip....

#14 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

You know, she may be thinking of combining Best of Florida with the 2017 Cuba trip....that's over Labor Day.  Best of Florida 2016, is the lead in to the Little Cayman trip this year.

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#15 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

Thank you, looking forward to seeing you all again!   :wavey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users