• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2016-04: BTS Fri, Apr 1 to Sun, Apr 3, 2016 - Secaucus NJ...HELP OUT = FREE ENTRY

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hey Everyone!   In advance I want to say:   :thankyou:  :thankyou:  

I've been busy in the background doing some advance BTS things, but I've been following your posts. Big burly guys in colorful wigs?? Yeah, that's a scary thought all right!   Helen aka  FishFriend ought to have fun keeping you in line.  Me, I'm used to how crazy you are. But, hey, that's part of the fun!  :flirt:

Jerry... let us know how you do with LaQuinta. I'm holding a couple of rooms for doubles at $149+tax.

I'll catch up with you again soon.... cat fish

• susiq and dive_sail_etc like this

#32 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

I had a bit of an issue with LaQuinta so i have a reservation in the Hyatt Place.  it's right next to the parking garage and the exibition hall.  i got it for the same price as quoted for the LaQuinta at $162+ Tax and...  

Silvia is your cell phone number still the same?  mine is for anyone who has it. 

Is anyone going over to the show early on friday that might be driving thru allentown on I-78?  I'm not sure yet about the timing of my arrival so i'm looking for someone who can swing by and grab the tables on the way. 

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#33 liznyc

liznyc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD dives warm water!
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

I'm able to help Saturday or Sunday.
  • WreckWench likes this

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

I'm able to help Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks Liz! That will help us out a great deal!

This is my first time not being at BTS but I'm in GREAT hands with Sylvia and Helen at the helm with Jerry and Dr Jay and Sparky as first mates!  We need to assemble a helluva a crew to make this fly.... and its even more important than usual since for the past two years BTS is the ONLY consumer show we've been able to do so its vital to have a good showing! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

I had a bit of an issue with LaQuinta so i have a reservation in the Hyatt Place.  it's right next to the parking garage and the exibition hall.  i got it for the same price as quoted for the LaQuinta at $162+ Tax and...  

Silvia is your cell phone number still the same?  mine is for anyone who has it. 

Is anyone going over to the show early on friday that might be driving thru allentown on I-78?  I'm not sure yet about the timing of my arrival so i'm looking for someone who can swing by and grab the tables on the way. 

Hi Jerry.... Yes I have the same cell phone, beginning with 814...

Hotel:  I'm holding a couple of rooms at Meadowlands River Inn (a walk across the street) at a price of $149+tax. If you want to knock your current price down a bit, let me know. 

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

HELP!!!!

We NEED 2 or more people who can be AVAILABLE, or TAKE OFF WORK or be SICK on FRIDAY and help us at the show!!!  We make MOST of our volunteer hours on FRIDAY and that is when we need the most help since the wench can't be there this year!

So if you can help us on FRIDAY and/or fall ill and need some "therapy from the show" then we can REALLY use your help both helping BTS whom we get our booth from AND helping SD to share how fun our club is.

Why do we need so much help this year?  Because the show is later this year and it overlaps one of our amazing trips so the wench (me) will be leading the trip and not able to attend the show.

Why is this such a big deal?  Because the dive industry is shrinking and we have gone from 10+ dive shows a year to only 4-6 in the US.  Most of the shows are concentrated in the winter months which is when people want to be diving so many of our trips overlap the shows. So its vital that we have good representation at the shows we can attend. And the club needs to be at these shows in order to reach more people to keep our supply of members GROWING!!!

Why are you doing the show if Kamala can't be there?  Because we have been doing BTS for so many years and have created an amazing team of consistent volunteers who love helping SD and BTS as well as having the chance to see friends and make new ones all sharing a common goal... helping SingleDivers.com spread the word about its dive club!  If we break this tradition even once and don't participate...it will break the magic we've worked so hard to create!

So this year WE NEED MORE HELP THAN USUAL....and we need LEADERS TO STEP UP AND HELP OUT!!!

• New to the club?  - This is a great way to learn more about it and help the club!
  • Haven't been around for awhile? - This is a great way to reconnect!
  • Enjoy helping out? - We need your help more than ever!
  • Have leadership skills? - We need them more than ever!
  • Love being part of something bigger than yourself? - THIS FILLS THE BILL!
  • Bored and need some excitement? - BTS is one of the largest dive shows in the country and we EARN our booth which takes a tremendous amount of effort to organize this many volunteers to help the hosting organization AND help SingleDivers.com!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#37 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

HELP!!!!

We NEED 2 or more people who can be AVAILABLE, or TAKE OFF WORK or be SICK on FRIDAY and help us at the show!!!  We make MOST of our volunteer hours on FRIDAY and that is when we need the most help since the wench can't be there this year!

So if you can help us on FRIDAY and/or fall ill and need some "therapy from the show" then we can.....

I should be able to move my work schedule around and do the volunteer hours on Friday. I haven't spoken to Jenny about it yet, but I'm guessing she'll be able to do it also so that makes two! I think it might be better for Jenny and I to do the volunteer hours with BTS anyway since a newlywed couple pushing for single dive travel at your booth may seem counter productive LOL! Or maybe it's a selling point haha!

Either way that keeps me from having to face all my LDS and clubs and hearing the comments of why I don't support them and their travel clubs and only singledivers lol!

Chalk me down for Friday and maybe Sunday. I'll check with Jenny but I'm guessing she'll do the same.

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#38 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

I should be able to move my work schedule around and do the volunteer hours on Friday. I haven't spoken to Jenny about it yet, but I'm guessing she'll be able to do it also so that makes two! I think it might be better for Jenny and I to do the volunteer hours with BTS anyway since a newlywed couple pushing for single dive travel at your booth may seem counter productive LOL! Or maybe it's a selling point haha!

Either way that keeps me from having to face all my LDS and clubs and hearing the comments of why I don't support them and their travel clubs and only singledivers lol!

Chalk me down for Friday and maybe Sunday. I'll check with Jenny but I'm guessing she'll do the same.

Jose (and Jenny too).  Thank you for any support you can lend! You always are there for Kamala, and it is greatly appreciated!!     :thankyou:  :thankyou:   :thankyou:

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#39 chuckE

chuckE

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:54

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:22 PM

I will be available Friday and Saturday if you are still looking for help.  

• WreckWench likes this

#40 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Ok confirmed with Jenny aka TabeaK, we're both in for Friday. What time will you want us there to start the volunteer hours? We'll be available all day.

Btw, don't know if it matters or helps, but I work in the special events industry planning and running large trade shows among other things, just throwing it out there in case that's useful to you in some way.

I also make a good mindless drone too! :lol:

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#41 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Ok confirmed with Jenny aka TabeaK, we're both in for Friday. What time will you want us there to start the volunteer hours? We'll be available all day.

Btw, don't know if it matters or helps, but I work in the special events industry planning and running large trade shows among other things, just throwing it out there in case that's useful to you in some way.

I also make a good mindless drone too! :lol:

Brother I can relate to that! Strong backs and weak minds, unite!! :laugh: And thanks to both you and Jenny for your spirit; while those good vibes alone are quite valuable :cheerleader: (yeah that's just supposed to be Jenny so relax) :cool: I would encourage Sylvia to lean on your heaven sent matchup of trade show logistics, planning and management skills! Stay cool and IOU you a frosty brew next time we meet up on a trip, event, whichever! :diver:

• jesterdiver likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#42 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for volunteering to help out, Chuck! I am bumping your post to help ensure Sylvia aka cat fish sees it; check in to this topic frequently as the BTS event dates get closer for more info! :diver:

• WreckWench likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#43 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

Thank you, chuckE!! That's great news, and much appreciated!!  :thankyou:

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

AWESOME!!! :wakawaka:

Did we meet at the Baltimore Dive Show when they used to have it? 

We ABSOLUTELY NEED HELP FOR FRIDAY as that is our biggest volunteer hr day.  We need help with BTS show set up and of course in our booth later that night. I will let Sylvia figure out when she needs people the most. But :thankyou: sooooooooo much! 

formerly...

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

Jose and possibly Jenny...we will GLADLY use your help WHEREVER AND WHENEVER you can offer it. :respect: We'd love you in the booth because you know so much about the club and our trips....but we REALLY NEED HOURS AND HELP on FRIDAY so I'm sure Sylvia will be able to put you to work WOWing BTS in my absence. So how does it feel to be a mini me on top of all your other accomplishments?  ;)

• cat fish and jesterdiver like this

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users