• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

RANT...just gotta get this off my chest!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:26 AM

Ok so we all need to RANT from time to time. And we all gotta get something off our chest before it consumes us! (Or we take more serious actions like kicking a poor person when they are down sort of thing!)

So to help our aggression therapy please feel free to use this thread and vent to help keep the balance in our lives.

NOTE: This topic will be monitored for compliance for our TOS so please keep the rants within reason and NO POLITICAL RANTS unless you say you hate all politicians and/or both parties sort of thing. And even that must be severely limited.  I know...its that time again and we are overloaded with campaign crap...BUT while a worthwhile rant....please do not do it here! :thankyou:

But within reason most topics are acceptable if not in direct conflict with our TOS.found HERE.  

Thanks and happy *ranting*!!!!  ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:19 AM

Tropical storm forecasts..............................................................

Been in Florida for 30 years.   If there is a hurricane coming, "no problem."   I will prepare.

When I went to bed Tuesday night, the forecast was "10% chance of 39 mph winds"  for Thursday.

Wednesday morning while at work, I find out it was then changed to a 85% chance of hurricane hitting here Wednesday evening, and now it is way too windy to think about putting up the hurricane panels.

01:00 Thursday the electricity goes off.  Check forecasts (plenty of battery time left on the computers) and now it is back to a "windy day" forecast.

If our bus is going to fall off a cliff, just tell me, I will prepare.  But when the prediction keeps changing is where I get my stress.

#3 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 12 November 2020 - 07:24 AM

Tropical storm forecasts..............................................................

Been in Florida for 30 years.   If there is a hurricane coming, "no problem."   I will prepare.

When I went to bed Tuesday night, the forecast was "10% chance of 39 mph winds"  for Thursday.

Wednesday morning while at work, I find out it was then changed to a 85% chance of hurricane hitting here Wednesday evening, and now it is way too windy to think about putting up the hurricane panels.

01:00 Thursday the electricity goes off.  Check forecasts (plenty of battery time left on the computers) and now it is back to a "windy day" forecast.

If our bus is going to fall off a cliff, just tell me, I will prepare.  But when the prediction keeps changing is where I get my stress.

Too late Alan.  The bus already fell off the cliff, exploded, and then created a wildfire that cannot be put out.  There are no real warnings anymore since everyone packed up and went home.

#4 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:00 AM

Too late Alan.  The bus already fell off the cliff, exploded, and then created a wildfire that cannot be put out.  There are no real warnings anymore since everyone packed up and went home.

Since we get a lot of hurricanes here in SE Texas too and only have one good local weatherman (and he's getting old and about to retire) I started following Mike's weather page internet web page and on social media he does daily reports and does some storm chasing during storm season.  He is an amateur but tells you what he thinks it will do and generally he is correct.  He also does a deep dive in the maps that you don't see on most local and national weather (storm surge, weather models and talks about where they get it wrong).  He will tell you he is an amateur but gives you enough to make your own decision.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

Hey Alan...Mike's Weather Page has given me great peace of mind knowing better what's happening NOW that I'm in rainy, stormy south Florida.

He also gave me better info for the recent hurricanes in Cozumel (one of which we had to decide if we were going to call our trip off or not because we were to fly 3 days after it hit).

So I agree with Butch about using Mike and sadly I agree with Scott in that they all seem to be guessing anymore and yet no one seems too worried about it. :(

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users