BUFFER HOTEL UPDATE - SEE BELOW FOR WHO WANTS A ROOM AND WHO HAS PAID SO FAR:
I have just re-confirmed (albeit a tad show) that our group reservation is CONFIRMED as follows:
- 20 rooms (one for every person) has been reserved for up to 2 days prior to the start of both week #1 and week #2. If you are traveling as a couple, only one room has been booked for you.
- Extra days can be added to the reservation but SOONER is better than later.
- This is not a beachfront nor ocean view hotel for this pricing. This is a nice place to stay that is in everyone's budget so no one has to be by themselves.
- The group hotel has full wifi in the rooms, free breakfast, free transfers from the airport and is centrally located with access to cultural as well as eating establishments.
- The single room price including taxes, green fee, breakfast etc is $86 USD CASH Price or $89 USD CREDIT price. (This is actually a few bucks less than we initially posted!)
- We have reserved MOST of the hotel which is HIGHLY rated by all the rating agencies.
- The idea behind the group hotel is so that we have safety in numbers, someone else has exchanged enough local currency to pay the bill (most hotels in Male require the booking be held via credit card but paid for with local currency). We have LEVERAGE with all our bookings being in one place as well as SAFETY.
- Each person sans any couples traveling with us, will have a private room to help establish an acceptable jet lag and sleep restoration process unique to just you. In other words...no one will accidentally wake you up because their sleep cycle is out of whack. Conversely you will have a chance to recoup and regenerate before boarding the boat whereby EVERYONE will have a roommate.
- We have negotiated a group rate for the rooms saving a few shekels for everyone.
- And finally, I will publish pictures, full hotel amenities and add the rooms to the booking engine so you can sign up for them shortly, but whiles this is happening PLEASE tell us your actual travel arrivals and departures so we can tailor the reservations to people's actual arrivals and departures.
And finally....the room is clean, quiet and nice without spending a small fortune on a room that is essentially designed to help you beat jet lag and ensure your bags arrive. I am VERY COMFORTABLE staying here myself and STRONGLY ENCOURAGE everyone to do the same for the following reasons:
- The rooms are already booked to cover the entire range of arrival and departure dates FOR BOTH WEEKS so no effort on your part is needed
- The entire group will be able to meet and if we need to make any rooming tweaks on the boat I can still do so
- The entire group will all be in ONE PLACE which will provide a huge element of safety and peace of mind not only for the solo traveler BUT FOR THE GROUP LEADER who will stress to death worrying if everyone has arrived or is safe or will find the boat or will get luggage if it is delayed etc etc etc. If you can think it..I will stress over it.
SO PLEASE USE THE GROUP HOTEL so the can relax a bit with one LESS HUGE WORRY...YOU BEING THERE SAFELY AND ALL TOGETHER!!!
p.s. This is not the cheapest room nor the most expensive. I originally thought the s/o would be $120 so we are well below that amt and only slightly above what a d/o would cost. YOUR SAFETY AND PEACE OF MIND IS NOT WORTH TRYING TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS. And along that note...if you choose to do your own thing then I will expect to see you at the boat and I will force myself not to worry about you. I will leave you to your own devices as you prefer to make your own arrangements and make your way to the boat etc. Otherwise I will ensure that no one oversleeps, I will take care of any hotel issues for you, help with any luggage issues, etc.
Just booked and paid my deposit. Would like more information on Extra land based nights and.or buffer pkgs being set up by SD.com (approx $120 s/o or $65 d/o per day)
Hey girl glad you are able to join us!!!
We will be getting people more info on the buffer days shortly. There are two schools of thought....
1. A mini vacation in Male for a few days before and/or after to include diving, sightseeing etc.
2. A safe, clean reasonably priced place to stay to ensure bags arrive before the boat departs, catch up on sleep and acclimate etc.
The pricing I gave assumes the latter. I am hoping since we have had so many sign up early that we can discuss more fully what people want and I can then proceed to lock in the rooms accordingly so we can help with keeping everyone together as a group, group rates and/or sharing rooms to save money etc.
MASTER LIST OF EXTRA NIGHTS SET UP FOR WHOM:
Group Hotel Needs for Feb 26-Mar 5, 2017 Trip
1. Marcia aka LibraDiver - Feb 24 & 25 PAID SO
2. Nick aka TwoWheelGuy - Feb 24 & 25 - PAID SO
3. Michael aka Reef Junkie - Feb 24 & 25 AND Mar 4 & 5 - PAID SO
4. Lindsey aka DiverGirl662 - Feb 24 & 25 - PAID SO
5. Nadley aka Sassy SeaTurtle WANTS 1 day Feb 25 check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
6. Susan aka Susiq WANTS 1 days 25h check out Feb 26 - PAID DO
7. Patty aka N.J.Turtle WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
8. Sumant aka DesiDiver WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
9. Erika aka SeaNymph WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
10. Jeff aka Largodiver WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
11. John aka KeysJohn WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
12. Wendy aka Wildtang WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
13. Silvie aka Silviescuba: 1 Day 2/25 - PAID D/O
14. Holly aka RideNdive: WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID SO
15. Michael aka ReefJunkie: WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - Paid SO
16. Kamala Wreckwench - WANTS 2 days Feb 24 & 25th check out Feb 26 - PAID S/O - DO 25TH
Group Hotel Needs for Mar 5-15, 2017 Trip
1. Ben aka Beerknurd WANTs 1 night Mar 4, check out on 5th - PAID SO
2 Butch aka Cajun Diver WANTS 1 day Mar 4 check out Mar 5 - PAID SO
3. Craig aka MrDessert WANTS 1 day Mar 4 check out Mar 5 - PAID SO
4. Ellen aka SeaLassie WANTS 2 days Mar 3 & 4 - PAID SO
5. Kathy aka LittleMermaid - Wants 1 day Mar 4 check out 5 - PAID DO
8. Mary aka WisconsinFarmGirl WANTS 2 days Mar 3 & 4 - PAID SO
6. Melanie aka Melaniewhite7 WANTS 2 days Mar 3 & 4 - PAID SO
7. Sandra aka DiverSandra WANTS 3 days Mar 3 & 4, checking out Mar 5 AND Mar 15 check out Mar 16. - PAID SO
8. Nicholas aka TwoWheelGuy - Arriving Week 1
9. Sandra aka MizTee WANTS 1 day Mar 4 check out Mar 5 - PAID SO
10. Sue aka lv2dive-run-ski WANTS 1 day Mar 4 check out Mar 5 -MAR 4 PAID S/O
11. Walt aka Wet Wally WANTS 2 days Mar 3 & 4 checking out Mar 5 - PAID SO
12. Kamala aka Wreckwench
Arriving on the 5th and/or do not need a room:
13. Candace aka aquapacific
14. Rachael aka GrandyBabyDiver
15. Karen aka Smiling Diver
16. Chris aka CLH418
17. Jen aka ItsScubaJen
18. Terra aka Terrable
19. Helen aka fishfriend
Edited by ScubaPunk, 20 February 2017 - 01:15 PM.