• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017: Dominica May 27- Jun 3 &/or Jun 3-10, 2017 NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

Thanks! If I can swing it, I'll likely arrive a couple days early to dive with my buddy Susan, too. I've always wanted to SCUBA dive Dominica, and I'm SO excited about it! :)

Hi Kamala :wavey: , it's been a loooong time since we chatted about this (8 months ago!) but again, I am planning to arrive early with my dive buddy Susan. Can you please update the trip list? We are okay with having a big slumber party if rooming arrangements are challenging! :sleepy:

We will work it out! I hope to have more definitive info from the resort this week. Thanks Brad for teeing up everything to keep it all organized! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Hey,

If a S/O happens to open up for either week let me know and I will start making plans.

Buz

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#93 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hey,

If a S/O happens to open up for either week let me know and I will start making plans.

Buz

We can do an s/o for the 2nd week!! Start planning!!! (If you are in for week #2 then post and we will convert 2 doubles to a single. The room will have 2 beds but that is the only difference!!! )  Come join us!!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#94 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

Hey,

Buz

We can do an s/o for the 2nd week!! Start planning!!! (If you are in for week #2 then post and we will convert 2 doubles to a single. The room will have 2 beds but that is the only difference!!! )  Come join us!!!!

Unfortunately, now that we have someone who has booked a spot in the last D/O available, there are no longer any rooms on Week Two which we could convert to S/O.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#95 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

Welcome Paula aka scubachick84 to Dominica Week Two!! :diver:

• scubachick84 likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#96 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

Does anyone know the name of the place we are staying? I've looked but can't find it...my apologies if it's obvious. Any way of sharing an emergency contact number for the place there in case we need to be reached? Thanks.

#97 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

It's Castle Comfort Dive Lodge. 

http://castlecomfortdivelodge.com/

US On Island Direct: 1-646-867-2628 or US Toll Free: (888) 414-7626
Call us directly: 1-767-448-2188 | Castle Comfort, Dominica

Does anyone know the name of the place we are staying? I've looked but can't find it...my apologies if it's obvious. Any way of sharing an emergency contact number for the place there in case we need to be reached? Thanks.

• sunshinediver likes this

#98 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Thanks, Jose. Does anyone know what current water temps are reported to be? I sent an email to the dive shop but want to pack appropriately. I've been trying to find a current trip report.

#99 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

No problem Gabrielle, I had gone over my dive logs recently from Dominica this time last year. Surface temps were as high as 83 and at depth I never recorded anything under 80. Hope this helps

Thanks, Jose. Does anyone know what current water temps are reported to be? I sent an email to the dive shop but want to pack appropriately. I've been trying to find a current trip report.

#100 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

No problem Gabrielle, I had gone over my dive logs recently from Dominica this time last year. Surface temps were as high as 83 and at depth I never recorded anything under 80. Hope this helps

Last year was cooler than most since it rained constantly and flooded before we got there.  The weather is back to normal this year.  Low to mid 80's is a good guess.  Only one site has more than modest current in general, all the others get to retain their heat pretty well.  I'm packing my shorty this time, and I get cold easily.  Did just a skin last year and it was fine.

#101 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

Awesome. Thanks! :angel2:

Last year was cooler than most since it rained constantly and flooded before we got there.  The weather is back to normal this year.  Low to mid 80's is a good guess.  Only one site has more than modest current in general, all the others get to retain their heat pretty well.  I'm packing my shorty this time, and I get cold easily.  Did just a skin last year and it was fine.

#102 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

FYI, Dive Dominica responded with specifics to my email inquiring about conditions. "Water temperature 80 degrees, hardly any current, visibility 80+".

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#103 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

HELP, please? I got to my first destination, the ATL airport, and realized I left my 800mg Ibuprofen behind (along with my Benadryl...I'm allergic to cigarette smoke). I tried to find a pharmacy in the ATL airport, or even a drug store, but no luck. The only kiosk I found had a little 3-pack I bought, but it had fever reducer in it...and I don't have a fever. I took it anyway but was freezing the whole way to Puerto Rico (though the swelling was better). Can anyone possibly bring some Ibuprofen from the States? I would be very grateful!

#104 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

HELP, please? I got to my first destination, the ATL airport, and realized I left my 800mg Ibuprofen behind (along with my Benadryl...I'm allergic to cigarette smoke). I tried to find a pharmacy in the ATL airport, or even a drug store, but no luck. The only kiosk I found had a little 3-pack I bought, but it had fever reducer in it...and I don't have a fever. I took it anyway but was freezing the whole way to Puerto Rico (though the swelling was better). Can anyone possibly bring some Ibuprofen from the States? I would be very grateful!

I will take care of it.  What do you need for Benadryl?  Any particular brands?  If anybody is arriving sooner and will do it then let me know otherwise I will bring it on Saturday.  There is also a decent drugstore in Rouseau that may have it at an agreeable price.

Charlie, do you remember the name of the drugstore?

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#105 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

I will take care of it.  What do you need for Benadryl?  Any particular brands?  If anybody is arriving sooner and will do it then let me know otherwise I will bring it on Saturday.  There is also a decent drugstore in Rouseau that may have it at an agreeable price.

Charlie, do you remember the name of the drugstore?

Thank you SO much! Generic is just fine. If I find something sooner, I will let you know, but otherwise I really appreciate it. I'm most in need of the Ibuprofen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users