• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017: Dominica May 27- Jun 3 &/or Jun 3-10, 2017 NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

I have a question about the last ocean view single occupancy room you have left for May 27th to June 3rd.  Would it be available to a couple and if so how do I enter that in the booking portal?  I am a diver and my wife is a non diver.

Thanks

Steve

Ye we can convert it to a double occupancy for your lovely wife as a non-diver. Let me check as my IT guru for the booking system is out of town with limited access but if we have a non-diver price set up you can do the d/o price and the non-diver price and we will fix the system to reflect that.

I'm thrilled you can go...you will LOVE DOMINICA!!!! And so will your wife if she likes culture, beautiful waterfalls, hiking, local market shopping (not heavy duty cruise ship shopping but rather arts and crafts shopping) and fun things like a local chocolate factory, rum factory etc.

Oh yes and looking at the water (no sandy beach but beautiful views)..... even I never tire of that!!!  ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

I just signed up for the trip and booked the ocean view room as a S/O there was no non diver option for my wife.  I paid the deposit and the two payments that were due.  Let me know how to get her added and what trip documents she needs.  Hope I didn't mess it up by booking that way.  I will be looking into flights sometime this week.

Thanks

#63 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

Steve,

I'm emailing you with details.  Glad you can make it.

I just signed up for the trip and booked the ocean view room as a S/O there was no non diver option for my wife.  I paid the deposit and the two payments that were due.  Let me know how to get her added and what trip documents she needs.  Hope I didn't mess it up by booking that way.  I will be looking into flights sometime this week.

Thanks

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

Nothing messed up... we routinely do this!

We are still trying to figure out the best way to handle non-divers going forward so bear with us! Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#65 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:57 AM

Steve,

I'm emailing you with details.  Glad you can make it.

Thanks

If you have emailed me any details I have not received them.

Steve

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hey Steve...I sent you the next step today. You will create a membership for your wife following the directions we sent you. (It was from me actually!) Then we'll update her membership and you can then sign up as a non-diver.  Regardless both of your spots are secure. Kamala

formerly...

#67 Charlie J

Charlie J

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+ (logged)

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:06 PM

OK - I'm in again for the third year in a row!  Trip and Air booked!

Charlie: Canon G-15, FantaSea Housing w/ WA, Inon D2000 

#68 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

I'm in for the 4th time.  Flying solo for two weeks.  It gets me out of my padded cell which is not nearly padded enough.

And with this, all of of the admins and the owner will be in DOM at the same time.  

I know the relative wifi signal strength of every location at Castle Comfort.  Better bring my laptop incase the mice decide to play when the cats are away!!! 

Also need to stop eating chicken wings at the beginning of May.  If you don't understand that, you've never been there.

#69 Charlie J

Charlie J

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

Ahhhh...yes - glorious wings - and I'm thinking April!  And the padding solution is here!

Edited by Charlie J, 24 January 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#70 Charlie J

Charlie J

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:00 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!  The Dominica Jazz 'n Creole Festival is Sunday, June 4th this year.  Fantastic performances!!  I'll be going!  More info here.

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,711 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

OK - I'm in again for the third year in a row!  Trip and Air booked!

AWESOME Charlie!!!! 

formerly...

#72 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

Welcome to Week Two Jaque aka Jaque!! :diver: There is still plenty of room on Week Two, so to you fence sitters out there (and you know who you are) :D , let's go diving!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#73 Ocean Girl

Ocean Girl

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

My June commitment might be going away, so I might be able to go on week two. Is anyone staying an extra few days at the end? I wouldn't mind doing some extra diving. I am also waiting for my passport renewal to arrive before I consider booking.
  • dive_sail_etc likes this

#74 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

My June commitment might be going away, so I might be able to go on week two. Is anyone staying an extra few days at the end? I wouldn't mind doing some extra diving. I am also waiting for my passport renewal to arrive before I consider booking.

Hello Sharon, yes in fact Kamala herself is staying an extra two nights 10 and 11 June and flying out 12 June. You could save quite a few $$$ by booking your extra nights Double Occupancy and rooming with her either one or two days. We certainly hope you can join us! It will be my first chance to go out of the three years we've offered Dominica and in order to avoid burnout, will probably skip 2018, but hey no pressure! :rolleyes: :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#75 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Hello Sharon, yes in fact Kamala herself is staying an extra two nights 10 and 11 June and flying out 12 June. You could save quite a few $$$ by booking your extra nights Double Occupancy and rooming with her either one or two days. We certainly hope you can join us! It will be my first chance to go out of the three years we've offered Dominica and in order to avoid burnout, will probably skip 2018, but hey no pressure! :rolleyes: :diver:

The shore diving is pretty good and alot of people stay extra days and do shore diving for free. The boats will run but since the group will be gone you wont get the advantage of pretty much gauranteed good dive sites. It depends on who else is on the boat that day. The non-sd boats will go to sites that are limited by the weakest diver on the boat. Our group boats generally have strong divers and we handle weaker divers better so we consistently have better dive sites than the house boats. Ive done both and can testify to this. Just something else to keep in mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users