• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017: Dominica May 27- Jun 3 &/or Jun 3-10, 2017 NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:00 AM

I'm super excited because I'm paid in FULL including Nitrox and ready to go! My event June 2 was moved to June 17, so all the better! :wavey: :twist: :dance:

Stoked you are aboard Dominica 2017, Gabrielle!! :cool1: Wait - I'm also super jelly I won't be there to share all the fun and adventure!!! :unsure: I tried to work it out but am just not able to make it. So at least I am happy to know you will be there creating *bubbles* :diver: and sharing the fantastic experience with other fun members! :flower:

• sunshinediver likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#32 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

Thanks, Brad...wish you could be there blowing bubbles, too!

• dive_sail_etc and lubeck like this

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

Thanks, Brad...wish you could be there blowing bubbles, too!

Me too!  :tears:

But super excited you can finally see "MY" Dominica!!!  :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hey Gabrielle! Happy to hear you're coming and look forward to diving with you again! Are you coming a down a fews day early too?

I'm super excited because I'm paid in FULL including Nitrox and ready to go! My event June 2 was moved to June 17, so all the better! :wavey: :twist: :dance:

#35 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

I'd rather sign up for a refrigerator now as I'm departing the country and won't have internet for a week.
pretty please😊

Thank you!

Edited by Resqdew, 06 August 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

I'd rather sign up for a refrigerator now as I'm departing the country and won't have internet for a week.
pretty please

Thank you!

Susan I am waiting to hear how many we have and then we will open the topic to EVERYONE at the same time. I have rec'd requests via the thread, pm's and emails so we need to allow everyone fair access to sign up for them ONCE I know how many we have. Since you will be out of town wee will wait until Aug 14th to open this topic up. If anyone else will be out of town without internet the 14th please advise. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Refrigerator UPDATE:

The resort has a limited number of small refrigerators for rent.

Also keep in mind they retn them for $25 a year or PARTIAL WEEK.  So if you are arriving 2-3 days early you will incur a two week charge for the rental as most stays are for one week.

I am verifying how many they expect to have for next year. When I know the number I will open the topic we use dedicated for this matter and I will post in the TRIP PM when you can sign up.  THIS PM should be a good test to verify you are getting the TRIP PM  courtesy email copies as everyone going should be added to this PM.

I will post in the thread to check for this update pm via your emails to help you verify you are receiving them.

Susan has said she will be gone for a week so I assume she will return the 14th so I will open the list then UNLESS I find out they have plenty of refrigerators and we can safely open it earlier. But if they are in fact severely limited I will wait.

Thank you all for your understanding. And as Brad mentioned, if someone is one the trip that NEEDS one for medical reasons we will have to ensure they have one or have access to one out of the limited number we have available to us. :thankyou:

formerly...

#38 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

Hello??? What about ME? :( I prepaid and confirmed for the first week, and per our exchange, said I would like to room with Susan with Ocean View. Please confirm and don't forget about me. Please? :verysad:

SUMMARY OF WHO IS GOING:

Week 1 - May 27-June 3

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Ocean D/O  (Birthday gal)

2. Susan aka resqdew - Ocean D/O + 3 extra nights
2. Holly aka CommandarH - Garden S/O

3. Jennifer aka Tabeak - Ocean D/O (Birthday gal May 28) + 2 extra nights (splitting a s/o)

4. Jose aka Jesterdiver - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights (splitting a s/o)

5. Sandy aka MizTee - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights

6. Penny aka SeaFever - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights

WOW!!! Ok let me catch up...

1. Rooms have been reserved for Susan 3 nites... Jose & Jenny 2 nites and Sandy and Penny 2 nites. They are ALL what you originally signed up for so at this point they are all oceanview and we do not expect anyone to have to move rooms BUT THANK YOU! The only person may be Susan due to roommate issues before hand.

2. I will set up a refrigerator list so please sign up once that list is set up.

3 Pricing needs to be confirmed for the extra nites. Pricing went up so I am seeing if the extra nites prices or diving has gone up. AS SOON AS I CAN CONFIRM ... I PROMISE I WILL. We will allow you all to pay for extra nites once we have the price confirmed and we know if you are doing d/o or s/o etc.

:th:ankyou

Edited by sunshinediver, 06 August 2016 - 09:10 PM.

#39 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

Not sure yet if I can swing coming early...it's way too far in advance in my schedule to determine if that is going to be possible. It would be great if so, though!

Hey Gabrielle! Happy to hear you're coming and look forward to diving with you again! Are you coming a down a fews day early too?

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:07 AM

Gabrielle I am super excited you are joining us...BUT its been a while since you have traveled with us so let me bring you up to speed quickly.

We are STILL run 100% by volunteers and they either work full time or they have other obligations besides the AMAZING work they do for our site. So always allow a few days for them to play catch up. Its REALLY crazy right now as we are trying to get trips set up for booking and in the forums (we have not even completed the trip detail summary we do in the first post when we open a trip yet...) so please bear with us.

I know you paid and you are on the trip. No one can take your spot because our new booking system won't let them so give the volunteers a chance to get you added to the lists and the OFFICIAL TRIP PM. If by Tuesday this has not happened then please email tripos@singledivers.com and ask to be added to both.  I'm sure by then they will be caught up. And if not...they will certainly once you email them.

Thank you for your support and for joining us! Again we are super excited you are joining us!  Kamala

Hello??? What about ME? :( I prepaid and confirmed for the first week, and per our exchange, said I would like to room with Susan with Ocean View. Please confirm and don't forget about me. Please? :verysad:

SUMMARY OF WHO IS GOING:

Week 1 - May 27-June 3

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Ocean D/O  (Birthday gal)

2. Susan aka resqdew - Ocean D/O + 3 extra nights
2. Holly aka CommandarH - Garden S/O

3. Jennifer aka Tabeak - Ocean D/O (Birthday gal May 28) + 2 extra nights (splitting a s/o)

4. Jose aka Jesterdiver - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights (splitting a s/o)

5. Sandy aka MizTee - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights

6. Penny aka SeaFever - Ocean D/O + 2 extra nights

formerly...

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:08 AM

Not sure yet if I can swing coming early...it's way too far in advance in my schedule to determine if that is going to be possible. It would be great if so, though!

Jose we do have you on the books for 2 extra nights so if that changes let us know as soon as you can so I can release your room for those extra days. :thankyou:

formerly...

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

Gabrielle if you want to change to ocean view then please email trips@singledivers.com and request it. We have to chg the booking system, adjust inventory and then show the balance you owe for the oceanview upgrade. Its doable but tedious. :thankyou:

formerly...

#43 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

Jose we do have you on the books for 2 extra nights so if that changes let us know as soon as you can so I can release your room for those extra days. :thankyou:

Hey Kamala,

I was just asking Gabrielle because I was curious if we might have enough early arriving people to get some extra boat dives. Jenny and I are confirmed for arrival on Thursday. Flights have already been purchased for both Jenny and I. When you let us know what we owe you for the extra nights we'll take care of it.

Thanks

#44 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

I sent the email per your request. I prepaid for Nitrox as well, which probably wasn't necessary...but if you need more money just let me know.

Gabrielle if you want to change to ocean view then please email trips@singledivers.com and request it. We have to chg the booking system, adjust inventory and then show the balance you owe for the oceanview upgrade. Its doable but tedious. :thankyou:

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Jose. YES its possible that I will arrive early too! AND we will have enough for extra dives... Sandy and Penny will be doing them as well!

Thanks Gabrielle. YES I got your email and have mapped out the plan for converting you to ocean from garden...it takes 4 people to make it happen. :wub: the new system but changes are not as easy as a few key strokes like they used to be! :lol:

EXTRA DIVES & NITES AND TOURS UPDATE:

As we get a bit closer we will encourage people to sign up for extra dives and their extra nights and tours. We will track informally what peope want to do BUT ONLY WHEN SIGNED UP IN THE SYSTEM will you be considered SIGNED UP! (The only exception to this is the extra nights because they are not open for booking yet.)

• scubachick84 likes this

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users