• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017: Dominica May 27- Jun 3 &/or Jun 3-10, 2017 NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

Oh btw, Kamala, it is my birthday too on the trip. So we can throw a heck of a party together.

AWESOME!!! What day???   :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

She's May 28th! So she'll be diving on her birthday!

Oh btw, Kamala, it is my birthday too on the trip. So we can throw a heck of a party together.

#18 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Hi Kamala, I am interested in possibly signing up for week 1, but I have an obligation volunteering with kids with disabilities and SCUBA in Orlando June 3. What is the itinerary specifically? I've tried clicking through different threads and maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is it possible to fly out early if needed? Thanks! :)

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

She's May 28th! So she'll be diving on her birthday!

AWESOME!!!!  What a way to celebrate.... I PROMISE!!!   (I have some experience in this now!)  Who knows...maybe we will create a birthday bonus for people celebrating during our annual Dominica Birthday Bash! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

Hi Kamala, I am interested in possibly signing up for week 1, but I have an obligation volunteering with kids with disabilities and SCUBA in Orlando June 3. What is the itinerary specifically? I've tried clicking through different threads and maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is it possible to fly out early if needed? Thanks! :)

Reliable flights do not arrive daily to the island...and depending on the week you can fly in early or stay later as long as it does not overlap the other week due to the limited number of rooms. So for example... you can arrive early to the first week and stay later on the 2nd week. I can *sometimes* make an exception to this if the resort is not full but usually that means you have to wait so long and by then the spots are usually gone.

The itinerary is in the new booking system under the big purple titles ....one is called

Diving & Itinerary

Basically you arrive Sat and dive Sun -Thur and Fri is an optional day of diving or signtseeing and you leave Sat.  So if you did the 1st week and flew home on Friday which you could probably find a flight and arriving early you could still get your week pkg in but would be responsible for a single supplement for the extra early nite unless there was someone also arriving early that you could share with.

formerly...

#21 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

You can check the Winair and Seaborne websites to see what days they fly in/out on.  Liat is also an option if you are brave enough.

#22 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! If I can swing it, I'll likely arrive a couple days early to dive with my buddy Susan, too. I've always wanted to SCUBA dive Dominica, and I'm SO excited about it! :)

#23 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Thanks Kamala. 

Just double checking: why does it say three extra days? The regular trips starts Saturday, doesn't it? So arriving Thursday means 2 extra nights?

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,148 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

Thanks Kamala. 

Just double checking: why does it say three extra days? The regular trips starts Saturday, doesn't it? So arriving Thursday means 2 extra nights?

Hi Jennifer, I have been in the middle of catching up the TC tasks for Dominica 2017 and was half asleep last evening when updating Post Two. You are correct about the number of days - I have clarified the Extra Days section now. Looks like Sandy aka MizTee and Penny aka Seafever will be arriving Thursday also - congratulations to all on getting an early start on your Dominica vacay! :flower: :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Thanks! If I can swing it, I'll likely arrive a couple days early to dive with my buddy Susan, too. I've always wanted to SCUBA dive Dominica, and I'm SO excited about it! :)

If you can decide SOON...you can save the most with our Early Booking Discounts...the best ones expire Aug 8th!

formerly...

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Kamala. 

Hi Jennifer, I have been in the middle of catching up the TC tasks for Dominica 2017 and was half asleep last evening when updating Post Two. You are correct about the number of days - I have clarified the Extra Days section now. Looks like Sandy aka MizTee and Penny aka Seafever will be arriving Thursday also - congratulations to all on getting an early start on your Dominica vacay! :flower: :diver:

TYPO! Duh!

Its correct at the resort.... thanks for keeping me on my toes... :respect:

And :thankyou: Brad.... you rock!

formerly...

#27 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

It is confirmed that I will arrive in DOM on May 24th, 2017.  {Flight documents already submitted}

**D/O Ocean view is requested for these three additional nights, but I understand that the ocean view AND/OR the double occupancy may or MAY NOT be available during these three days prior to the group trip. Whatever works!

**No problem for me to change rooms during the three days prior to the Week #1 trip, then move to an ocean view on May 27th, the official start of Week #1.

Once we know if the three nights will be S/O or D/O, and if garden or ocean view, then I will pay for the three nights.

Also, I want to sign up for one of the mini-refrigerators for May 24th to June 3

Thanks!!

Edited by Resqdew, 18 August 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#28 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

As has been the case up till now, I just copy Susan, literally copy and paste!!! :lol:

"It is confirmed that I and Jenny will arrive in DOM on Thursday May 25th, 2017, the day after Susan.  {Flight documents will be submitted tonight}

**D/O Ocean view is requested for these two additional nights, but I understand that the ocean view may or MAY NOT be available during these two days prior to the group trip. Whatever works!

**No problem for us to change rooms during the two days prior to the Week #1 trip, then move to D/O Ocean View Room ??, at the official start of Week #1.

Once we know if the two nights will be garden or ocean view, then we will pay for the two nights.

Also, I want to sign up for one of the mini-refrigerators for May 25th to June 3"

Thanks!!

And forgive me Susan for blatantly piggy backing off all your work and experience! :blush:

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

WOW!!! Ok let me catch up...

1. Rooms have been reserved for Susan 3 nites... Jose & Jenny 2 nites and Sandy and Penny 2 nites. They are ALL what you originally signed up for so at this point they are all oceanview and we do not expect anyone to have to move rooms BUT THANK YOU! The only person may be Susan due to roommate issues before hand.

2. I will set up a refrigerator list so please sign up once that list is set up.

3 Pricing needs to be confirmed for the extra nites. Pricing went up so I am seeing if the extra nites prices or diving has gone up. AS SOON AS I CAN CONFIRM ... I PROMISE I WILL. We will allow you all to pay for extra nites once we have the price confirmed and we know if you are doing d/o or s/o etc.

:th:ankyou

formerly...

#30 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

I'm super excited because I'm paid in FULL including Nitrox and ready to go! My event June 2 was moved to June 17, so all the better! :wavey: :twist: :dance:

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users