• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017-11: TURKS & CAICOS Nov 18-25, 2017 OPEN FOR BOOKING & DISCUSSION

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Butch is the man that caught it. :thankyou:

November 18-25, 2017.  I'll fix this thread. Thanks, Jose.

Edited by jesterdiver, 07 November 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#17 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

That's great info Scott. Definitely would affect in a big way the decision to arrive early if there's minimal risk of missing the boat in case of a flight delay. The expense of a room on the front end would be nice to be able to nix and just arrive the day the boat leaves! If anyone can confirm, that would be huge. Based on what I see from the maps of the islands it definitely seems very plausible that one could get motored over to where the boat may be moored.

$70 for one meal?! I can stay up here in NYC for that LOL

The back-end dates really is just to lounge and relax on the beach for a day or two after the liveaboard. Which seems to work out fine since there isn't much to see anyway. I'm not looking to get beat up on food and room. I'll have to do some research to see if it's possible to have a semi cost effective couple of days in T&C. I'll check out Grace Bay Suites. 

Thanks for the great insight!

And also remember to check the prices before you order any food.  Its all overpriced but some is insanely overpriced and they don't always put the prices on the menus.  I paid $70 for one meal and was hungry afterwards. That was the cheapest in that place and it was a typical place. There are cheaper places though but you have to look.  I believe that was the place right next to Grace Bay Suites.  I simply would not pay for anything more than Grace Bay Suites, it was still expensive (roughly $165/night at that time) but probably half of what the others cost.  

Also if I remember correctly you won't be doing any huge transits and getting on the boat after it leaves is not a problem.  They motor people and gear over.  Somebody may want to check me on that one though.  It's been awhile.  

#18 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:57 PM

Airbnb has some surprisingly nice rates for T&C btw!

#19 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Thanks, Butch :thankyou:

Butch is the man that caught it. :thankyou:

November 18-25, 2017.  I'll fix this thread. Thanks, Jose.

• Cajun Diver likes this
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#20 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:36 AM

That's great info Scott. Definitely would affect in a big way the decision to arrive early if there's minimal risk of missing the boat in case of a flight delay. The expense of a room on the front end would be nice to be able to nix and just arrive the day the boat leaves! If anyone can confirm, that would be huge. Based on what I see from the maps of the islands it definitely seems very plausible that one could get motored over to where the boat may be moored.

$70 for one meal?! I can stay up here in NYC for that LOL

The back-end dates really is just to lounge and relax on the beach for a day or two after the liveaboard. Which seems to work out fine since there isn't much to see anyway. I'm not looking to get beat up on food and room. I'll have to do some research to see if it's possible to have a semi cost effective couple of days in T&C. I'll check out Grace Bay Suites. 

Thanks for the great insight!

And also remember to check the prices before you order any food.  Its all overpriced but some is insanely overpriced and they don't always put the prices on the menus.  I paid $70 for one meal and was hungry afterwards. That was the cheapest in that place and it was a typical place. There are cheaper places though but you have to look.  I believe that was the place right next to Grace Bay Suites.  I simply would not pay for anything more than Grace Bay Suites, it was still expensive (roughly $165/night at that time) but probably half of what the others cost.  

Also if I remember correctly you won't be doing any huge transits and getting on the boat after it leaves is not a problem.  They motor people and gear over.  Somebody may want to check me on that one though.  It's been awhile.  

Yes, EV will motor you over from Grace Bay since they are very close.  They will call the boat when you are ready and the boat will send a driver.  Here is the kick.  Checkout time is hours before the boat will let you board.  I sat in the lobby for hours, they are friendly and will store your bags if you want to leave.

• jesterdiver likes this

#21 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hi all,

I was hoping to arrive a day early so in case there are any flight delays I don't miss the boat. I was also thinking of staying for a couple of days after the boat docks to explore T&C.

Anyone have any suggestions on places to stay? First night on the front end doesn't' have to be anything fancy since it's just for a buffer before the trip. The back end nights wouldn't mind something nicer.

Thanks!

​I spent a week at 'Island Breeze' in Grace Bay the week following the Sept. 2011 Mayaguana trip . 'Island Man' Wayne is an ex-pat from N.C., who owns 2 vacation rentals, [plus I believe another separate unit elsewhere on the island]. At Island Breeze there's a bungalow [similar  to an ohana] separated from the main structure. The main structure is 2 stories, the top floor is rented to a local couple [never heard them - work at a bank & resort, if I remember] & the owner's eff.apt. Ground floor, I rented for the week, $900, 2bdrm/2bath w/additional sofa sleeper & fouton in living room. Also has same amenities as the bungalow, plus washer/dryer. If you're interested in diving more Dive Provo is a block from the house, next to Comfort Suites. The beach is a block past the Comfort Suites. Price has probably gone up, since it will be 'holiday season'.

​As you know Provo is $$$ - apparently several years ago they decided to market themselves as the Monte Carlo of the Caribbean, even tried to lure an F1 race to the island. They're also proud of the beach, claiming it to be the whitest sand in Carib. You can expect to pay 12pk $ for a 6pk at the grocery store [1-1/2 blk from the house, take your own bag/backpack]!!

​If you would like Wayne's email, PM me & I'll fwd it to you, or whoever else is interested.

Bill

• jesterdiver likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Jose almost everyone arrives the day of departure so I am not too worried about people arriving the day of departure. Since we have the whole boat we can hold it for minor flight delays. However having a day to relax before the trip is ALWAYS nice if you can find an affordable place.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#23 TabeaK

TabeaK

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Good info. Depending on the flights, we may then arrive on the day the boat departs and tack on a couple days at the back end to be beach bums.

#24 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

Just a quick question, I don't mind the license fee for the lion fish but I'm really not interested in hunting them. Can one opt out of the hunt and just take pictures? I did the Roatan course but that was really just a lark for me. Got a nice spear out of it and a cool hunting license but it was more the adventure than the hunt for me.

Also, I am interested in possibly a single room. It can be on the lower deck. Is that possible? and if so how much?

Thanks,

Dave L

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Just a quick question, I don't mind the license fee for the lion fish but I'm really not interested in hunting them. Can one opt out of the hunt and just take pictures? I did the Roatan course but that was really just a lark for me. Got a nice spear out of it and a cool hunting license but it was more the adventure than the hunt for me.

Also, I am interested in possibly a single room. It can be on the lower deck. Is that possible? and if so how much?

Thanks,

Dave L

Dave you can always opt to NOT hunt...its not mandatory... just the boat license is.

The s/o upgrade on a liveaboard is brutal.. its 65% of the regular price + the regular price. So approx $1600 to $1700 more just for the single upgrade.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

Dave if you want the single upgrade let me know and we'll fix the inventory so you can buy it since the trip is already open for booking.

formerly...

#27 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

Thanks Kamala. I'll get back to you. I plan to book today or tomorrow.

Dave

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Kamala. I'll get back to you. I plan to book today or tomorrow.

Dave

Glad to see you got signed up! We'll get you on the list of who's going! YEA!!! 

formerly...

#29 Dave L

Dave L

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

Ok.....I'm booked etc. Trying to access the required form for the dive operator to fill out before the $75 deadline. No problem with the other forms....help....can't seem to access it.

Dave

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

We may need to verify it for you but our booking guru is diving for the New Year!  I'll send her a message now to check when she gets back. Thank you!

Ok.....I'm booked etc. Trying to access the required form for the dive operator to fill out before the $75 deadline. No problem with the other forms....help....can't seem to access it.

Dave

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users