• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DOMINICA: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN If a veteran SDer!)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

HI Everyone....

I am in for Week 2.....first time to Dominica....3rd trip with SD....will need a roommate.....Kamala - can we shore dive on 6/9?  

Yes you can shore dive June 9! And every other day which many will do after lunch OR right as we come back from the 2 am dives before lunch. Lots of choices. The dock and the restaurant and the rooms are ALL so cozy together...its almost like a land based liveaboard!

p.s WE DO THE ROOMIES!!!  No worries there! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 scubachick84

scubachick84

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Thanks...I am so excited!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#48 scubachick84

scubachick84

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hi Penny!  Sorry I will miss you as I am on week 2, gotta work over Memorial Day....hope Sandy is doing well.

Is there whale watching planned for week 2?  If so, please count me in!

#49 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Hi Penny!  Sorry I will miss you as I am on week 2, gotta work over Memorial Day....hope Sandy is doing well.

The whale watching boat typically leaves each week.  They have a boat devoted to it.  Last year we saw about 6 I believe.  

#50 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hello again Paula, yes the Whale and Dolphin Watching Boat Trip (WDWBT) is an Add On - you can purchase your spot by logging in the Home Page, go through the Dominica Week Two Trip page "Book Now" button and scroll down. It is just below the Week of Nitrox you already have purchased. Just add (1) WDWBT item to your shopping cart and check out / pay for the Add On.

There may be a minimum number for the boat trip to go out, but if we miss the minimum we will of course be refunded. Right now Week Two has four on the list, I think six is the minimum so with you we will be only one short! :diver:

(The reason there are less on the list than Week One is several members are staying for both weeks and signed up for the Week One WDWBT. There are still a few who may sign up, especially after reading this post...)

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#51 H2Oman211

H2Oman211

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:AWO / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:324

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Coming from Tampa via Atlanta to SMX. Winaire to Dominica , My second trip there first time with SD.

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Coming from Tampa via Atlanta to SMX. Winaire to Dominica , My second trip there first time with SD.

You know how AWESOME Dominica is! You'll soon see how cool and fun SingleDivers.com is! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 glgdiver

glgdiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water: wreck,deep,night,cavern,etc
  • Logged Dives:1000+, plus planned deco to 186ft(TRUK)

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

It is nice to know there will be another 'newbie' to SD on week 2. :wavey:  Brian, are you going on the charter on 6/3 out of SXM? It would be nice to know there is someone to join in the adventure. I will be flying from Charlotte NC. I've been diving 10 years with a trip to warm waters about every 3-6 months. Also, I only do 2 dives a day. This is my first time in Dominica.

I am Greer, glgdiver. i have been diving 44 years and love it as much today as in the beginning. Over 1000+ dives. Try to make at least a couple of trips a year. Went on a 2 week live aboard in Raja Ampat in January. This is my first time diving with SingleDivers .  I also have dived in Dominica a few years ago on a bareboat sailing trip. The fish life was tremendous then and I am hopeful that I may have some similar experiences this time.

#54 glgdiver

glgdiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

Hello, my name is Penny and I am going to Dominica on week one. I went last year and it was spectacular.

I'm arriving early and will be there the evening of May 25th. Will anyone else be there? I'm hoping to dive on the 27th and if jet lag doesn't get me, maybe on the 26th, too. If you are a week one early bird, let me know. My dive buddy had to cancel so I could use some company.  Can't wait to go diving again!

I will arrive the evening of the 26th. Greer, glgdiver.

#55 glgdiver

glgdiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

I am Greer, glgdiver. I have been diving since 1973. I have dived in Dominica before and the large schools of fish were remarkable. I also did my best night dive ever which was a shore dive from the north of the island where we even saw squid at night. I have done a wide range of diving including caverns, wrecks, planned deco dives in TRUK to a max of 186 ft. This is my first SingleDivers trip. I look forward to meeting everyone. I have stopped counting with over 1000+ logged dives.

I am PADI OW with Nitrox certification.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#56 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1055

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

It is nice to know there will be another 'newbie' to SD on week 2. :wavey:  Brian, are you going on the charter on 6/3 out of SXM? It would be nice to know there is someone to join in the adventure. I will be flying from Charlotte NC. I've been diving 10 years with a trip to warm waters about every 3-6 months. Also, I only do 2 dives a day. This is my first time in Dominica.

Good morning Sallybok,

I am flying Harrisburg  PA to PHL then SXM arriving 1:01 pm   Charter Winair 7104 at 16:15.   SXM is ez.  I was in Saba in February 16, when you get your baggage there is a  Winair counter to recheck in the baggage area.  Then you go into main terminal to the gate.  Also has a few shops and places to eat.  I will see you there.   

Hi Brian,

Looks like we are on the same AA flight.  We will all have to meet up with Sally and navigate together with your guidance! 

Hey DiverLori and Sallybok

I will be wearing a grey/black print singledivers.com t-shirt that I got in Tobago a few months ago(so this is my 2nd trip with SD).   Black/orange trim backpack.   Sallybok we should be a few minutes ahead of you arriving in SXM, and if Diverlori wants to wait a few minutes with me, we will help you thru the transfer of luggage, into terminal. 

Brian

#57 sallybok

sallybok

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Brian and Lori,

I would appreciate it if you would wait for me in SXM. It is more fun and less intimidating with buddies. I will be coming in on AA from Charlotte. I will be in a gray tee with a dive flag on it, am 5'2 with short curly blond hair.  See you all soon.  Sally

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

I'm glad people are planning to join up together! Our tshirts are GREAT for that purpose! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users