• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ROATAN 2017 QUESTIONS.. Ask away in this topic!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Hey Kamala, I was wondering if the place in Roatan has nitrox 100's. would like to try and get the big bottles or if they can fill the 80's to 4000? Just wondering.

They have a limited number of bigger tanks for a small upcharge. I have started a list HERE and added you to it since you were the first to ask.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

Have you found anything on shortie nitrox bottles?

Hey Vickie there are a few cf63's so I started a topic HERE to sign up for them but added you to the list since you were the first to ask.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

QUESTION FROM EMAIL:

From some of the posts it appears that some divers are new to the sport. It is my hope that there will be multiple boats with one for the more experienced divers. Please confirm.

Answer: Personally I love it when we only have 1 boat...that way EVERYONE is having the same experience, and I selfishly get to dive with and get to know EVERYONE on the trip. Yes we have new divers on this trip and we have them on all our trips sans a few that require more advanced skills, but all sights are able to support new or adv divers. I will personally be taking care of most of the new divers as well as one of the guides. We give our more advanced divers a lot of latitude to dive their own profiles... that is why we ask such extensive questions about how you like to dive so I can pair you up with someone just like you and/or your camera! ;)  We pair newer divers with other newer divers and dive pros with dive pros and experienced divers with other experienced divers. Then we test drive ALL the dive buddy suggestions and fine tune the buddy teams. My repeat divers will assure you it is one of the BEST aspects of our club. Newer divers learn from our more seasoned divers and we all get to share the company of everyone on the trip. We even offer a mentoring program called the Rent A Buddy or RAB for short for our newer divers to help dial them in on trim, buoyancy, air consumption etc.

formerly...

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,655 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

Q & A ON THE EXTRAS:

If I do the Shark, Barbaretta Island, and dive buddy (weekly $150)....
1,   what  are the days/ times? 

Answer:  The shark dive is in the morning several days into the trip and you will do a second dive in the Marine Park then back for lunch and in time for the 3rd dive of the day. That means you will miss one pkg dive to do this.  The Barbaretta is usually the last day of the dive pkg. or weather dependent. The lionfish class is usually Sunday evening and you start hunting them on Monday. The night dive is usually Tues. night.

2. Are these in addition to the already scheduled dives or in place of some dives?

Answer:  The extra dives are ideally in addition toon the pkg dives but sadly we can not always ensure that. So for example the description of the Barbaretta dive is $159 upchg to the pkg dives. This is truly pristine diving with very dive boats heading out this far. And the meal is fab...the best steak and lobster on the island. The lobster is picked up in the am on the way out from local fisherman and the beef is imported from Argentina. The meal alone represents a large part of the price as well as the fuel and the special crew since we need a min of 10 to go so that means we will have 2 dive boats that day.

3.  Are  they for all levels of divers?

Answer:  Yes the add on dives including shark or Barberetta dives are for all levels of divers. The shark is roughly 60ft so good for open water certified divers. The island dives will be drink dives like Cozumel so easy and if you do the Rent A Buddy I will be on these dives so even better!

4. weekly dive buddy - with me every dive?

Answer:  The Rent A Buddy mentor is usually me. The mentor will be with you on nearly every dive you make during the week. If it is me which it usually is... I will be on the Barbetta island dive if we get enough but will not do the shark dive as I have done it over 10 times. I love the shark dive and it is stellar in Roatan but due to trip responsibilities I usually have to skip it.

formerly...

#20 aireater

aireater

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

On a lighter note, I am still not really clear on this costume contest theme. after a search, I found some disturbing things...so would like a little clarification...

Thanks in advance. :whistle: :huh: :pirate:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users