• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OFFICIAL Thailand Group Hotel Info & Sign Up Topic

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#61 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

How much is it per night at the Silver Resortel (Week 2)?

A little less than the other group hotel including taxes. I will get the final price for everyone but its VERY reasonable and that is for a single room

i second that...can you please verify the total cost with tax/vat and which room this is for ( is the price for the single no window micro budget room on the website etc)... can we get a price quote for the larger rooms they have with 2 beds if we want to share. the tiny budget rooms are the size of a closet at only 12 square meters and it will be hard to have 2 people with 2 full luggage pieces in those rooms.... just want to make sure were not sardine canned for a savings of 10$ vs having space/nicer rooms..thanks !!!

I just talked to Kamala and she is between flights and not close to a computer.  She said everyone that responded earlier has been booked in the standard rooms and not the little closets with no windows. The price is "on-par" with what was quoted for the other hotel.  If this is not acceptable then speak up now since the window to do anything about it is shrinking.  There is probably room for others that have not responded yet.  She will respond with more details when she can.

#62 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

A little less than the other group hotel including taxes. I will get the final price for everyone but its VERY reasonable and that is for a single room

i second that...can you please verify the total cost with tax/vat and which room this is for ( is the price for the single no window micro budget room on the website etc)... can we get a price quote for the larger rooms they have with 2 beds if we want to share. the tiny budget rooms are the size of a closet at only 12 square meters and it will be hard to have 2 people with 2 full luggage pieces in those rooms.... just want to make sure were not sardine canned for a savings of 10$ vs having space/nicer rooms..thanks !!!

I just talked to Kamala and she is between flights and not close to a computer.  She said everyone that responded earlier has been booked in the standard rooms and not the little closets with no windows. The price is "on-par" with what was quoted for the other hotel.  If this is not acceptable then speak up now since the window to do anything about it is shrinking.  There is probably room for others that have not responded yet.  She will respond with more details when she can.

I will need a standard room for Feb. 16th & 17th.

Laura and I will be sharing the room and we can split the cost on our own.

Please NOTE:  I will be arriving in Phuket at 12:30 am on the 17th so I will be checking into my room LATE but I will be there early morning.

I will need an airport transfer to the hotel from Phuket International Airport (itinerary below). Can you please provide a direct contact for the hotel that I can call in case something happens with my transport? The 1-800 number provided above is for Hotels.com and not for hotel.

Itinerary:

Asiana Airlines 201    Feb. 15th

11:00 am - 5:30 pm    LAX --> ICN

Asiana Airlines 747    Feb. 16th (Arriving early morning Feb. 17th)

07:30 pm - 12:20 am    ICN --> HKT

Posted Image

#63 LuvinGCM66

LuvinGCM66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Stoped counting at 500

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

I would like a single room on Feb 7th for 1 night - that is the only hotel I will need.

Than,s

Martin

:wow:LuvinGCM - Martin 

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Thanks Martin!

Shelly pls see email I sent you.

Scott thank you for helping out. Thanks!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#65 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

SHELLY AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A FULL SIZE STANDARD ROOM IN PHUKET AT SILVER RESORTEL FOR THE 16TH-18TH ( WEEK 2) PRE-BOARD NIGHTS. ( 2 NIGHTS) . ASSUMING HER PRICE IS THE SAME OR BETTER THAN THE LISTED ONLINE PRICE ( CHECKED TODAY AND A FULL SIZE " STANDARD" ROOM WITH A KING BED OR 2 TWINS WITH AC WAS LISTED FOR ROUGHLY 51$ US ( $1680 THB) ON THE HOTEL WEBSITE.THANKS :) 

MY FLIGHT HAS NOW BEEN BOOKED FROM BANGKOK TO PHUKET ON THAI AIRWAYS 

Itinerary # 7323343079220
Confirmation
UJL8Z7 (Thai Airways International)
Booking ID

UJL8Z7

Leaves bangkok  @ 16:55 gets into phuket @ 18:25 on the 16th. I will be on this flight assuming my luggage makes it to bangkok with me.. If it does not I will have to change flights at that time. 

I will need the transport from phuket airport to the group hotel please & thank you. I am thinking a 18:45 pick up is prob ideal. I will be booking my own hotel for the days after the boat and I will update with where I need transport to from the boat asap. Thanks !!

-Laura 

Edited by pinkmedic16, 23 January 2018 - 12:18 AM.

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#66 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

I would like a single room on Feb 7th for 1 night - that is the only hotel I will need.

Than,s

Martin

Martin do you want one night 18 Feb as your flight out is 7:10am 19 Feb? Currently our notes speculate you would want a night on the 18th due to your itinerary but we have NOT yet added you to the Group Hotel reservation list.

We will put your reservation down for the night of the 7th ONLY for now, but please reply here to confirm or decline the night of the 18th.

NOTE: We also need your flight info (Flight #, Depart BKK and Arrival HKT times) Thanks! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#67 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

Top post in topic has been updated for Shelly and Laura to reflect Group Hotel booking arrangements noting transfer requests for both and emphasizing Shelly needs a late night airport transfer 12:30am the 17th.

Also thank you ladies for your HKT arrival info! :thankyou: :diver:

• pinkmedic16 likes this
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#68 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

SHELLY AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A FULL SIZE STANDARD ROOM IN PHUKET AT SILVER RESORTEL FOR THE 16TH-18TH ( WEEK 2) PRE-BOARD NIGHTS. ( 2 NIGHTS) . ASSUMING HER PRICE IS THE SAME OR BETTER THAN THE LISTED ONLINE PRICE ( CHECKED TODAY AND A FULL SIZE " STANDARD" ROOM WITH A KING BED OR 2 TWINS WITH AC WAS LISTED FOR ROUGHLY 51$ US ( $1680 THB) ON THE HOTEL WEBSITE.THANKS :)

Confirmation
UJL8Z7 (Thai Airways International) (Confirmation Code, not flight #)
Booking ID

UJL8Z7

Leaves bangkok  @ 16:55 gets into phuket @ 18:25 on the 16th. I will be on this flight assuming my luggage makes it to bangkok with me.. If it does not I will have to change flights at that time. 

I will need the transport from phuket airport to the group hotel please & thank you. I am thinking a 18:45 pick up is prob ideal. I will be booking my own hotel for the days after the boat and I will update with where I need transport to from the boat asap. Thanks !!

-Laura 

Laura what is the actual flight number please? Thank you! :diver:

#69 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

I will also need transfer from airport to Week 1 hotel, 2/7, and then from Week 2 hotel to airport, 2/19.

#70 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Confirmation
UJL8Z7 (Thai Airways International) (Confirmation Code, not flight #)
Booking ID

UJL8Z7

-Laura 

Laura what is the actual flight number please? Thank you! :diver:

Departure Fri, 16 Feb Thai Airways International 217   Cabin: Economy (K) 1h 30m duration
  • dive_sail_etc likes this
  :) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#71 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

I will need a standard room for Feb. 16th & 17th.

Laura and I will be sharing the room and we can split the cost on our own.

Please NOTE:  I will be arriving in Phuket at 12:30 am on the 17th so I will be checking into my room LATE but I will be there early morning.

I will need an airport transfer to the hotel from Phuket International Airport (itinerary below). Can you please provide a direct contact for the hotel that I can call in case something happens with my transport? The 1-800 number provided above is for Hotels.com and not for hotel.

Itinerary:

Asiana Airlines 201    Feb. 15th

11:00 am - 5:30 pm    LAX --> ICN

Asiana Airlines 747    Feb. 16th (Arriving early morning Feb. 17th)

07:30 pm - 12:20 am    ICN --> HKT

I have updated the listing with the Silver Resortel phone number, +6676341200.  They are not responsive by email and do not have a convenient American style number so this is about it.  

#72 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

I will need a transfer from the Phuket airport to the hotel the day before we get on the boat (7 Feb).

If I understand all the info, we will have to pay for this transfer, and then boat will transfer us from the Hotel to the boat on 8 Feb (for those of us on week 1). Right?

It sounds like a lot of us will be arriving on 7 Feb... is anyone coordinating a group transfer from the airport the the hotel or is this something we have to do on our own? Sorry if I missed this info in one of the threads.

Thanks for the help!

Pam

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

I will need a transfer from the Phuket airport to the hotel the day before we get on the boat (7 Feb).

If I understand all the info, we will have to pay for this transfer, and then boat will transfer us from the Hotel to the boat on 8 Feb (for those of us on week 1). Right?

It sounds like a lot of us will be arriving on 7 Feb... is anyone coordinating a group transfer from the airport the the hotel or is this something we have to do on our own? Sorry if I missed this info in one of the threads.

Thanks for the help!

Pam

We are helping with the transfers and coordinating with the boat as needed. Thanks for giving us your info.

• Blue151 likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#74 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Thanks Kamala! I know you always take great care of us! Just wanted to make sure *I* wasn't missing a post somewhere. :).

#75 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

Yes, reserve me a single room.  Hopefully will arrive 2/15 around 4 p.m.  through -  2/18 (3 nights).  I will need airport transfer.    This schedule assumes I get my luggage in Bangkok on 2/15.  If not, I will have to stay until I get then fly into Phuket.    

Then one night stay on return from boat diving.

Thanks  .. .  

Brenda  

Is your flight from Bangkok to Phuket on the same ticket as the as the flight to Bangkok?  If it is then the luggage will make it to you in Phuket if it is late.

Regretfully, no,  I take a different carrier into Phuket.  I am now a bit worried.    

Looks like you are coming in on Turkish Airlines.  Based on the information here https://www.turkisha...gage/index.html they will not even look for your bag for 5 days while they just hope it shows up in Bangkok.  You might want to consider changing your flight to Phuket to arrive on the 18th.  Your call, but it does not sound like they really care if it gets lost so you will have to shepherd it along if that happens.

Brenda most of the time there is NO issue. And there is ALWAYS beginner's luck so do not fret too much. We try to take some of the stress out of the equation by building in buffer ...buffer that we often do not need but are thankful for when we do need it. That being said just try to plan for 1 extra day in Bangkok in case the bags do not make it. If you have decent layovers in each stop along the way you should be ok.

I talked to Kamala about your flights this morning as we are finalizing things now.  You have a 4:30hr layover in Istanbul and its all on the same ticket  to Bangkok so unless you somehow change the ticket you are at low risk for not getting your bags in Bangkok.  We are going to assume you will be going to Phuket on the 15th with your current ticket.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users