• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DRAFT.... New process for opening a trip - INVOLVES ALL ASPECTS OF SETTING UP A TRIP

21 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:24 PM

Hey gang... during this marathon of opening trips I have realized several things:

• A number of the required steps we do/take are not listed
  • The order is not as logical as when we first started (not huge but helps)
  • Every WIP topic has a slightly different list in it making it confusing
  • The people who used to do certain functions have had to stop and we now down to just Pam, Brad, Butch and I hence the revisiting of this topic

I have cleaned up one of the topics to capture all the elements I think we need and tried to organize them more or less sequentially in the order they should happen and assigned names based upon Pam's return to being able to help.  For now the name assignment makes sense because it comprises who we have and what they have been typically doing while we launch the 2020 trips. HOWEVER hopefully the more organized we make everything the easier it will be for us to delegate specific tasks more easily to others to share the load OR if say Sandy can jump back in ...to reassign things to her since she enjoyed the trip creation process and basically did most of this stuff which is why it was never an issue until she had to take a leave of absence.

SO....

Please see if the list below is missing anything.

See if the order makes sense and suggest changes if desired as I am not married to this in its current format but I realize some tasks take place simultaneously or have no real sense of urgency so can reordered as appropriate.

SUGGESTED CHANGES TO TRIP CREATION TEMPLATE AS OF FEB 2020:

TRIP NAME & DATE:

Socorro Expeditions on Nautilus Explorer May 27 to Jun 4, 2021 - 9 days

TRIP BUILD OUT CHECK LIST (add links & completion dates as done):

Backend Opening:

• Create the WIP Topic  Name
  • Trip Pricing/Discounts/Inv Kamala
  • Add On's Pricing - Kamala
  • Hika Buildout: Pam
  • Complete Add On's Hika Set up: Pam
  • Book Kamala's spot (Hika person):   Pam
  • Homepage Table Update:  Butch  DONE 2-9-20
  • Smugmug set up:  Thor (need to send request to him to do this & post link when done)
  • Forums Photo Gallery set up:  Brad 
  • Book extra Hotel Rooms If Group Hotel needed:   Kamala

Frontend Opening:

• Load operator, resort/ diving pics into TRIP Photo gallery to use fot topic creation:  Butch
  • Forums Trip Details Research from vendor website:  Nautilus Explorer Socorro, Nautilus Explorer boat info, previous trip in 2006 and 2012 member trip with video - Butch
  • Create #1 Trip Topic Details Buildout (#1):   Butch
  • Create the Final 0-4 topics - Kamala
  • Create buttons for 0-4 topics - Butch
  • Facebook Event Creation:  ???
  • Trip Forums set up:  Brad
  • SAVE THE DATES Topic once the Trip Forum is Open:  Kamala
  • Set up the Guarantee Spot PM (once we have a request for it) Butch

TC Actions:

• Trip Open for Booking PM - Brad
  • Trip Open for Booking Email to those not premium members yet - Brad
  • TC Action Item Topic Creation:  Brad
  • Trip PM Creation: Brad
  • Trip PM Updates prior to trip:  Kamala and/or TC or other volunteer...should be organized so we can post something monthly to keep members engaged)
  • Post Trip PM Follow Up  Kamala and/or TC or other volunteer

Edited by WreckWench, 10 February 2020 - 09:00 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

Please let me know if we are missing any steps in my #16 post. I left the historical posts there as reference in case anyone wanted to know where this all began. Thanks

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#18 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:35 PM

Pre Trip TC/Admin tasks should include not only Trip Forums creation but also

- Trip Gallery: Category for Trip Albums creation

Also there should perhaps be a couple of bullets just before the last Active Trip TC Tasking bullet:

- Track and update member booking / inventory balance post AND associated Add On purchases in (public) Trip #4 and (private) TC Trip topic
 - Track completion of and reach out to members delinquent on Surveys/forms submissions
 - Collect, collate and present trip data from Forms, Waiver and Flights Submissions into Trip Spreadsheet for inclusion in top post of TC Trip topic
 - Extract Arrival and Departure data from each member flight itinerary submission and organize by arrival date/time in TC topic post
 - Based on Rooming and Dive Buddy surveys post a draft rooming and dive buddy assignments list in TC topic
 - Provide support for Ad hoc info requests, assist with member questions / issues

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:57 PM

Also there should perhaps be a couple of bullets just before the last Active Trip TC Tasking bullet:

- Track and update member booking / inventory balance post AND associated Add On purchases in (public) Trip #4 and (private) TC Trip topic
 - Track completion of and reach out to members delinquent on Surveys/forms submissions
 - Collect, collate and present trip data from Forms, Waiver and Flights Submissions into Trip Spreadsheet for inclusion in top post of TC Trip topic
 - Extract Arrival and Departure data from each member flight itinerary submission and organize by arrival date/time in TC topic post
 - Based on Rooming and Dive Buddy surveys post a draft rooming and dive buddy assignments list in TC topic
 - Provide support for Ad hoc info requests, assist with member questions / issues

Great Brad...yes those are all critical trip functions so for this list to be complete we need them on it. Thank you!

Hey can you add them to the working template we are using? I just added the hotel booking aspect would you add yours? Thank you!

formerly...

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:57 PM

And I found one that I forgot to add...

If need a group hotel for early arrival or departure NEED TO BOOK WHEN I OPEN THE TRIP UP and make part of the master trip build out template.

formerly...

#21 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:13 AM

Great Brad...yes those are all critical trip functions so for this list to be complete we need them on it. Thank you!

Hey can you add them to the working template we are using? I just added the hotel booking aspect would you add yours? Thank you!

Done:

TC Actions:

• TC Action Item Topic Creation: Should be done by assigned TC but could be done by anyone
  • Trip PM Creation: TC creates for each trip and created before or immediately after the first person signs up adding each person as they sign up.
  • Forums Booking Status: TC updates Forums booking inventory balance post and Add On purchases in (public) Trip #4 and (private) TC Trip topic
  • Documents Submissions: TC track completion and reach out to delinquent members on Surveys, Waivers and itineraries
  • Documents Processing: Collect and collate member trip data into Trip Spreadsheet and add to top post of TC Trip topic
  • Flights Info: Extract Arrival and Departure data from member flight itineraries and organize by arrival date/time in TC topic
  • Rooming / Buddies: Based on Rooming and Dive Buddy surveys post a draft rooming and dive buddy assignments list in TC topic
  • Issues Management: Provide support for Ad hoc info requests, assist with member questions / issues
  • Trip PM Updates prior to trip:  Kamala and/or TC or other volunteer

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

Done:

TC Actions:

• TC Action Item Topic Creation: Should be done by assigned TC but could be done by anyone
  • Trip PM Creation: TC creates for each trip and created before or immediately after the first person signs up adding each person as they sign up.
  • Forums Booking Status: TC updates Forums booking inventory balance post and Add On purchases in (public) Trip #4 and (private) TC Trip topic
  • Documents Submissions: TC track completion and reach out to delinquent members on Surveys, Waivers and itineraries
  • Documents Processing: Collect and collate member trip data into Trip Spreadsheet and add to top post of TC Trip topic
  • Flights Info: Extract Arrival and Departure data from member flight itineraries and organize by arrival date/time in TC topic
  • Rooming / Buddies: Based on Rooming and Dive Buddy surveys post a draft rooming and dive buddy assignments list in TC topic
  • Issues Management: Provide support for Ad hoc info requests, assist with member questions / issues
  • Trip PM Updates prior to trip:  Kamala and/or TC or other volunteer

Looks good to me.  We will add it to the master if no one else has any further comments.

formerly...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users