• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dry Suit Maitenance and Cleaning...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:48 PM

And you people wonder why lurkers don't post...It starts off with a serious Drysuit question...next thing you know, we are talking about KY jelly...blown seals...and what brand of smokes seals use after the fact....yeeesh

Hi Jeff....welcome aboard...even if the ride is a bit bumpy at times! :o We do have an unwritten rule...if someone wants or desires a thread to stay on topic with no playfulness then they simply request it. You'll see that I've done that in a number of threads...however for the most part since we are single aka not married...at least most of us are single...we usually accommodate the humor and kidding that goes along with being single and spending time on a medium such as a message board. :teeth:

It seems to me that just like good conversations...topics will wonder a bit and then return to the original subject matter. And as you can see by many of the old pros...they simply ignore the funny remarks...smile perhaps and carry on as if they never existed. The rest of us laugh and enjoy both the light as well as the serious side.

I hope you will contribute to either the light....or to the seriuos side of our board or even both! Welcome and perhaps you'll also post an intro...we'd love to get to know you better! -ww

Click here to say hello and post an intro!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:48 PM

Ladies can always go with nappies a/k/a Depends.

Some guys use them too, aber nicht ich. No p-valve either, I'm careful to avoid coffee or a lot of liquids just prior to the dive.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#33 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:08 PM

And God said to Adam: "Do you want to pee standing up?"
And Adam said to God: "Yes, I want to be able to pee standing up!"
And God said to Eve: "Ok, Eve, you get multiple orgasms...."

WE WILL WEAR OUR DEPENDS AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE BENEFITS OF BEING WOMEN!!!

#34 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:50 PM

And God said to Adam: "Do you want to pee standing up?"
And Adam said to God: "Yes, I want to be able to pee standing up!"
And God said to Eve: "Ok, Eve, you get multiple orgasms...."

WE WILL WEAR OUR DEPENDS AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE BENEFITS OF BEING WOMEN!!!

Amen Sister!!! :)
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#35 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:42 PM

It is really funny when you are standing in a long line at the ladies room (and the guys of course have no line)...

Have fun, life is short and so am I!
-stacy

#36 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:18 AM

One thing about drysuits that manuals don't often tell you is what to do when your suit and seals freeze solid. I carefully move mine to a heated area. This usually happens when the suit is left in the back of my Ford Ranger (despite the cap) in below zero temps.

I've had my DUI Norseman for 12 years and in that time I've only had to replace the latex neck seal twice (even though my stubble is coarse), the latex wrist seals once after 7 years and my zipper once this past year. It's a back zip but I treat it like a self-don. I don't do any maintenance on it. I leave it in a pile wherever I happen to toss it and thus far it has no pinhole leaks. It usually gets about 100 dives on it per year. I prefer my 3mm wetsuit for most of my dives during the summer until late fall.

I'm not advocating this approach by any means. My only advice is that sometimes latex seals are best left alone.

Kamala's jewelry would kill latex.

Trace

Edited by TraceMalin, 29 January 2005 - 06:44 AM.

Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:51 AM

One thing about drysuits that manuals don't often tell you is what to do when your suit and seals freeze solid. I carefully move mine to a heated area. This usually happens when the suit is left in the back of my Ford Ranger (despite the cap) in below zero temps.

I've had my DUI Norseman for 12 years and in that time I've only had to replace the latex neck seal twice (even though my stubble is coarse), the latex wrist seals once after 7 years and my zipper once this past year. It's a back zip but I treat it like a self-don. I don't do any maintenance on it. I leave it in a pile wherever I happen to toss it and thus far it has no pinhole leaks. It usually gets about 100 dives on it per year. I prefer my 3mm wetsuit for most of my dives during the summer until late fall.

I'm not advocating this approach by any means. My only advice is that sometimes latex seals are best left alone.

Trace

Yep...and just another reason for me to prefer neoprene! That and I feel choked by latex...wonder if that's how you guys have felt all these years....that squeezing, choking feeling from tight rubber? :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:20 AM

Yep...and just another reason for me to prefer neoprene! That and I feel choked by latex...wonder if that's how you guys have felt all these years....that squeezing, choking feeling from tight rubber? :)

Y'know what eases that feeling, Kamala? just a little pinhole at the end lets everything breathe a little better. It makes a world of difference!
–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#39 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:28 AM

...wonder if that's how you guys have felt all these years....that squeezing, choking feeling from tight rubber? :o

I never experienced that. Remember I date flight attendants.
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#40 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:37 AM

...wonder if that's how you guys have felt all these years....that squeezing, choking feeling from tight rubber? :o

Mr. Miagi, I do not understand the Flight Attendant reference....

#41 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

...wonder if that's how you guys have felt all these years....that squeezing, choking feeling from tight rubber? :teeth:

Mr. Miagi, I do not understand the Flight Attendant reference....

I made the mistake of dating an unbelievable number of flight attendants (long story). So, I was making a joke about Kamala's sexual innuendo by implying that flight attendants are so "loose" that they don't require guys to experience tight rubber and that nothing else would um... be tight. She would have gotten the inside joke.

Disclaimer: The joke does not necessarily reflect the true opinion of the author. Also, moderators feel free to edit this one.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#42 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

Having never experienced (nor will I ever) the flight attendant thing... it is no wonder I did not understand! So, are you dating pilots now??? Just kidding...

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:52 PM

Disclaimer: The joke does not necessarily reflect the true opinion of the author. Also, moderators feel free to edit this one.

Trace

Trace...in this case you did a very nice job of self moderation and until you actually explained your comment...I think I was the only one who knew what you meant. :o

Just be aware that any grossly negative comments against women on this site means that all females including myself will come out with fully loaded shotguns shooting and taking no names nor prisoners. You will probably lose despite your slightly bent, off beat sense of humor which will be lost in the blood bath which is a shame given as cute as you are but necessary if you lose sanity long enough to take the women of SD on! :dance:

The downside to this is that in the process it may get ugly (not mention all the needless bloodshed) which means that we will then defer to the number one rule of SD....

"As long as the ladies of SD are happy....EVERYBODY is happy." :teeth:

And when in doubt if something is fair...always refer back to the number one rule on SD! :lmao:

Luv ya babes....and thanks for the self moderation! :dance:

formerly...

#44 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:41 PM

Having never experienced (nor will I ever) the flight attendant thing... it is no wonder I did not understand! So, are you dating pilots now??? Just kidding...

Only Kamikaze ones. I'm commitment-phobic.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
PDIC International

#45 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:57 PM

"I'm commitment-phobic."

Trace,

You have every right to be. Wives are good for one thing...

Taking 1/2 in the divorce!!! LOL!!!

Ok, the other ladies may shoot me for that comment. Remember, I am only kidding. Wives are good for the sex, right???? What other reason is there to get married????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users