• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Covid 19 (cv19)....What are YOUR thoughts about diving again? Please SHARE with us

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

Most of us are pretty sick of seeing covid19 (cv19) updates, policies, procedures, etc and yet for those instances where we need to know how it affects us we certainly need that information.

SingleDivers.com has refrained from adding to the myriad of cv19 info out there but we have come to rethink this stance after several members have asked us our policies. I want to address that and other concerns but I want to hear what those concerns are from our members first.

• So if you wish for us to address something PLEASE tell us what it is.
  • Tell us YOUR thoughts on diving again.
  • Tell us YOUR thoughts on traveling again.

We only make one request. There are two distinct sides to EVERY discussion and that goes for the one I am about to open up. So we respectfully request that you focus on the DIVING & TRAVEL ASPECTS only since we are DIVE CLUB and TRAVEL CLUB. We ask that you refrain from expressing opinions that sound like a replay of the daily news or a twitter feed. Please leave those discussions exactly where they are at... off our site.  Please show respect for EVERY opinion that is presented in a respectful manner. And PLEASE KNOW THAT YOUR POST WILL ME MADE RESPECTFUL BY OUR MODERATORS if you do not take the time to do so yourself. YES WE ARE A MODERATED COMMUNITY and we understand that may bother some people. We are ok with that and have been since our inception in 2004. This is a private club so you are bound to the rules of the club found HERE and we appreciate the thousands of members who have respected our rules and participated in diving conversations over the years in our forums and we expect the same today.

So let us know what we need to address for you related to cv19 and we'll do our best to do that. It has come to my attention that new members don't see how we've handled cv19 cancellations and reschedules since they were not part of the specific trip affected. But we have tried to sum it up for everyone quite simply. HERE.

Thank you for letting us know what you are looking for to feel safer about diving and how you plan to return to diving in the post cv19 times we find ourselves in.

Respectfully Kamala & the entire SD.com Krew!

• tickledone likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 tickledone

tickledone

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver / Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:178

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:51 AM

Most of us are pretty sick of seeing covid19 (cv19) updates, policies, procedures, etc and yet for those instances where we need to know how it affects us we certainly need that information.

• So if you wish for us to address something PLEASE tell us what it is.
  • Tell us YOUR thoughts on diving again.
  • Tell us YOUR thoughts on traveling again.

Yes. I would love a day where I didn't hear something related to the current pandemic, but well, that's not happening any time soon. 

In terms of diving again - I can't wait to get back into the water. How that happens is a bit of a mystery to me. I have just perused a few dive shops here and there to see what their practices in the midst of all the madness. I have a hard time reconciling what I can and can't do. (For example, some shops are limiting what parts of your rig you can and can't touch, but what if you set you set up your own kit?) Also, use of alternate air, etc., is still not clear to me. There are some changes I like - such as fewer people on boats, etc. and others I don't quite get. 

As for travel, the risk of not getting infected is kind of like the only of not getting the bends. If you don't go anywhere (outside, grocery store, etc. etc. etc.) and are not exposed to anyone from outside your home, you won't get infected. That, however, is not practical.  As I see it, partaking in travel requires an understanding of the risks involved. This is not much unlike diving. If the risks are acceptable, then it seems reasonable to proceed. This is a deeply personal decision and depends on one's comfort level. 

I think it's probably most appropriate to say that travel in this day and age will require a fair amount of flexibility. I know that my planning has required figuring out alternative plans and paying closer attention to cancellation and change policies. Having Plans B through Z are going to be important from now on. 

• WreckWench likes this

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:48 PM

Thank you Tomi..I think you have summarized a number of the issues we face and SD.com will need to address. Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users