• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CLOSED: Sep 17-24, 2022 + EXTRA Days Travel/Tour... RED SEA "WRECKS & REEFS" HIKA INPUTS & TRIP BUILD OUT PLAN

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 April 2022 - 08:50 AM

Removed this from Boat Facilities section since it doesn't apply to this trip:

Added bonus:  Certified divers will also receive free Nitrox for their trip!

Thank you. I am doing my last part to get this opened to the GSL people! Thank you! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 12 April 2022 - 07:59 AM

Fixed problem with deposit not showing up properly.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 09:01 PM

Fixed problem with deposit not showing up properly.

Thanks Butch! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 06:49 AM

Trip table updated to show trip is open.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:29 AM

Trip table updated to show trip is open.

Thank you!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 01:50 PM

CURRENT PACKAGE & INVENTORY SUMMARY as of 2:50 Central :

• 5 rooms or 10 spots Deluxe Cabin D/O - 8 spots sold = 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Kamala, Joel, Ed, Kevin, Butch, Deb, Jerry, Charles)
  • 1 room or    1 spot S/O Deluxe Cabin - 1 spots sold = 0 SPOTS AVAILABLE (James)
  • 2 rooms or   4 spots SHARED BED Studio Oceanview D/O - 1 spots sold = 3 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Patricia )
  • 1 room or     1 spot S/O Studio Oceanview Cabin - 0 spots sold =  1 SPOT AVAILABLE ()

NOTE: We held back 1 shared bed cabin and 1 d/o deluxe cabin. TO MY KNOWLEDGE THAT IS ALL THAT IS HELD BACK 

• WE NEED: I need (1) d/o deluxe for Barbara Gastinger and (1) to make the gender rooming work out...DO NOT PUT THESE INTO INVENTORY UNTIL ADVISED
  • One shared bed is for Eric and wife if she is still joining us.
  • One shared bed spot will go to Patricia's son and room with her. (She just signed up)
  • We may need to convert the oceanview shared s/o back to d/o which would be fine.
  • I may need to find someone to share an oceanview with to free up 2 deluxe spots since the oceanviews are not filling up.
  •  

formerly...

#22 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:18 PM

• 5 rooms or 10 spots Deluxe Cabin D/O - 8 spots sold = 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Kamala, Joel, Ed, Kevin, Butch, Deb, Jerry, Charles)
  • 1 room or    1 spot S/O Deluxe Cabin - 1 spots sold = 0 SPOTS AVAILABLE (James)
  • 2 rooms or   4 spots SHARED BED Studio Oceanview D/O - 1 spots sold = 3 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Patricia )
  • 1 room or     1 spot S/O Studio Oceanview Cabin - 0 spots sold =  1 SPOT AVAILABLE ()

NOTE: We held back 1 shared bed cabin and 1 d/o deluxe cabin. TO MY KNOWLEDGE THAT IS ALL THAT IS HELD BACK 

• WE NEED: I need (1) d/o deluxe for Barbara Gastinger and (1) to make the gender rooming work out...DO NOT PUT THESE INTO INVENTORY UNTIL ADVISED
  • One shared bed spot will go to Patricia's son and room with her. (She just signed up)
  • We may need to convert the oceanview shared s/o back to d/o which would be fine.
  • I may need to find someone to share an oceanview with to free up 2 deluxe spots since the oceanviews are not filling up.
  •  

OK I removed the 2 Deluxe D/O from inventory so it will show 0 for that on the booking page.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:29 PM

•  

OK I removed the 2 Deluxe D/O from inventory so it will show 0 for that on the booking page.

No you do not need to do that. We have 6 cabins below so I already did that.

Total cabins are:

4 above

6 below

1 bulkhead cabin which we made the s/o

So I'm sorry ...pls add the 2 spots back as we have already held out the spot for Barb and the spot for gender.  However I may need to move to the upper cabin and find someone I know to share the cabin with me. Right now there is only 1 girl on the trip and I do not know her so that would not work.

Do you kick? LOL!

formerly...

#24 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:42 PM

OK put the spots back.

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:45 PM

Copied from Topic #4 Who's Going Red Sea 2022:

I'm confirmed D/O with Nitrox and 100cf tanks,.   I will need bc, regulator and dive lights too. I'll bring my own wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel and 2 dive computers.   Looking forward to the Red Sea.   Gigem Diver

Joel please ensure your equipment rental requests including 100cf tanks are documented in the Special Accommodations Form in the Booking System MY TRIPS section! Thanks! :diver:

Please sign up for the cf100 tanks as they are limited in supply.

Turns out he had already purchased the 100CF Add On.

100 cf or other special sized tanks or tank needs:

1.  Joel aka GigemDiver PAID
  2.  Kevin aka Old Man and the Sea PAID
  3.  James aka Diver Jim PAID

Thank you. I need to find out how many they have. We may need to limit them until I have that info. Kamala

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#26 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:50 PM

I have changed the cf100 to non available until I hear back.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 06:30 PM

Thank you both. Its been a bit crazy here trying to do this and NOW start to get the NYE trip open since I'm so far behind.

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 08:09 AM

BRAD AND BUTCH:

I have confirmed that we can get an unlimited number of cf100 or 15L as they call them tanks. So I'm sorry for the false alarm... they were restricted when I first spoke to them but now they are not.. We just have to report how many we need 3 week s prior and they will have all we need.

Go ahead and open this back up. Thank you BOTH!!! 

Thank you both. Its been a bit crazy here trying to do this and NOW start to get the NYE trip open since I'm so far behind.

Copied from Topic #4 Who's Going Red Sea 2022:

I'm confirmed D/O with Nitrox and 100cf tanks,.   I will need bc, regulator and dive lights too. I'll bring my own wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel and 2 dive computers.   Looking forward to the Red Sea.   Gigem Diver

Joel please ensure your equipment rental requests including 100cf tanks are documented in the Special Accommodations Form in the Booking System MY TRIPS section! Thanks! :diver:

Please sign up for the cf100 tanks as they are limited in supply.

Turns out he had already purchased the 100CF Add On.

100 cf or other special sized tanks or tank needs:

1.  Joel aka GigemDiver PAID
  2.  Kevin aka Old Man and the Sea PAID
  3.  James aka Diver Jim PAID

Thank you. I need to find out how many they have. We may need to limit them until I have that info. Kamala

formerly...

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 08:53 AM

CURRENT PUBLIC  INVENTORY AS OF 4-15-22 10am Eastern

PACKAGE & INVENTORY SUMMARY.....ONLY UPDATED BY ME... :

• 5 rooms or 10 spots Deluxe Cabin D/O - 10 spots sold = 0 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Kamala, Joel, Ed, Kevin, Butch, Deb, Jerry, Charles, Sumant, Chuck)
  • 2 rooms or   4 spots SHARED BED Studio Oceanview D/O - 3 spots sold = 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE (Patricia, Carlos)
  • 1 room or     1 spot S/O Studio Oceanview Cabin - 0 spots sold =  1 SPOT AVAILABLE (

* Not updated in forums so I do not keep stepping on Brad's toes and messing up he work. Please forgive for the previous muck ups. :(

WHERE WE STAND & WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE BACKGROUND:

Please forgive me for not sharing all the back ground like I try to do. It just got away from me. I started this trip with one of the Force E reps going 100% on their experiences with this German boat wanting to break into the US market.  This was a way to help Force E , as well as expand our supplier base since I had issues with the Red Sea boat that I used last June and it had a great price point so I wanted to offer a better deal for our members as well.  The rep Eric aka Hollywood has returned to 100% contractor status and is no longer with Force E because he and his wife are moving as we speak to NC from FL. He was integral to this trip since the owner was going to be on the boat because HE was on the boat.  That being said the configuration of the boat is NOT perfectly suited for our members ie the shared bed cabins. They are fixing those in the remodel but can't be assured they are fixed so I have to sell as 'worst case ie. shared bed'.   I was not worried about these beds because Eric/Force E were going to sell them as part of their participation in this trip. In fact they were going to sell half the boat and we were going to do half the boat but we sold all our spots and now all the d/o spots in cabins with 2 beds as well as the s/o in a cabin with 2 beds.   In other words I sold a number of Force E's spots before they could sell any.  Patricia and her son have always been part of the trip as we hatched the idea last Aug in Bonaire.  So it appears she was given special treatment over our members but she only started the sign up process after we went public and after I had sold out the 2bed d/o's on the boat...or had basically sold them out.

So when Eric officially left Force E 2 weeks ago to move to NC over Easter we decided that since he was the moving force and not the shop that I would continue to work with him on this trip vs the shop since all the people going from the shop were really Eric's clients. The question of anyone who had been part of the Force E VIP program came up notably Patricia Castro who is a part of the program and went to Bonaire with Eric last Aug. As it turns out she was his client from before the shop so she said she was following him wherever he went including this trip and paying us directly for her membership because she is following Eric and not Force E. I just had a meeting with Force E via zoom yesterday from Quito and discussed this to ensure no issues. Our rule is is they pay us directly (even if they had been part of the VIP before) then they are ours and if they go thru them for the membership then they are theirs.  This also keeps members who are clients of each from going to Force E for the free membership.   SO that being said...

There are still 2 cabins NOT SHOWING IN INVENTORY....one is for Eric and his Wife and because they are moving this weekend I held them back until I get back and they get settled. Its a shared bed so not one we can really sell.

We also held (1) deluxe cabin so that Barb could get signed up AND I would have a 'gender' spot so we could sell out all inv in the system and then offer up the last spot correctly gender wise.

These 2 cabins are OVER and above the one listed in the inv to begin with. So we officially have:

6 deluxe cabins for 12 spots. (1 room is held and 5 have been sold out completely)

1 s/o lower deck which has been SOLD

4 cabins upper deck which I put 2 for sale as d/o and 1 for sale as s/o and (1) I held back for Eric and his wife.

Eric is doing some damage control on his part with his clients that we scooped room wise.  Patricia is an example. She would have booked lower but since its her son she changed to upper which I needed his help with anyway. He has a couple that he is working with as well for the remaining 2 spots.  So that leaves the single occupancy. We can either wait to see if it sells...or offer it as 2 shared bed spots.  If I could find someone to share the upper cabin with I would be willing to give up my d/o 2 bed cabin and put those in inventory since they are easier for us to sell. 

So I hope this now helps the chaos make more sense. Yes I was anxious and worried that I had waited too long to open the trip and lost everyone on it...or most of the people. And we have lost some due to that and not getting approval to travel to the Red Sea due to security clearances etc.  But when we were still selling the boat as we had hoped I spoke ot Eric and he said...go for it...sell all you can and we'll adjust later since he lost some of his people because we took so long to open it up.  So the old bird in hand is worth two in the bush is at play here.

That being said we still have to sell the shared bed options as either d/o or s/o and we will give it over the holidays to see what happens. I can upgrade and open my my spot if that helps as well so we have options. Much better options than we had a few short days ago.

I am sorry for creating confusion by not giving the backstory. I apologize for omitting this part. Kamala

formerly...

#30 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 09:19 AM

BRAD AND BUTCH:

I have confirmed that we can get an unlimited number of cf100 or 15L as they call them tanks. So I'm sorry for the false alarm... they were restricted when I first spoke to them but now they are not.. We just have to report how many we need 3 week s prior and they will have all we need.

Go ahead and open this back up. Thank you BOTH!!!

OK I set them back to available.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users