• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: July 9-11...Texas Flower Gardens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
517 replies to this topic

#91 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

What time is the last dive done Monday, so I can look at flights on Tuesday, I am thinking I would be safe with 11 am or noonish.

Linda, it is possible, unlikely but possible we could be doing 3 dives on Monday, but nevertheless, the 2nd dive on Monday would be at approximately 10:30. So if you figure an hour dive, you are out of the water at 11:30 so yes you could possibly fly out around noon on Tuesday, but me personally, after diving the depth and the amount of dives that we are going to be diving in that short time, I would allow a little bit more of a cushion.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#92 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:28 PM

What's the water temp at the Gardens like? Standard Caribbean 80-82?

#93 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

Mike, I wrote a lengthy trip report from last July, 04 at http://www.singlediv...?showtopic=1316

Just checked it, yep....82 to 86 degrees
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#94 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

You can add me to that list, Kamala!!!! :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#95 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:16 PM

but me personally, after diving the depth and the amount of dives that we are going to be diving in that short time, I would allow a little bit more of a cushion.

Zen,

Thanks that helps. Do you think about 2 pm is enough cushion or should I allow even more?

Marvel and Walter, let me know which airline you will be on. I hope to use Delta Miles which would require a plane change in Atlanta more then likley, maybe we can sync up our flights if possible. However if I plan to go with air miles I probably need to do something quick.

Linda

Edited by bluedolphin, 08 February 2005 - 05:19 PM.

Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#96 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

...per my dive computer, on my 2004 Labor Day weekend trip water temps ranged from 82 to 85 degrees....not too shabby!

Karl

#97 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:37 PM

...per my dive computer, on my 2004 Labor Day weekend trip water temps ranged from 82 to 85 degrees....not too shabby!

Karl

Oh man, I'm going to sweat my booties off! I'm used to diving SoCal waters (57 degrees last weekend).

#98 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:41 PM

count me in for 2.....
me and my niece.

#99 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

I'm in!!

I'll send you a check this week

#100 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:48 AM

Okay, I called United to inquire about availability of flights using my miles, and I can get a free ticket -- with one drawback. They don't fly into Hobby. Would flying into Bush be that much of a hassle? i.e. Is it more worthwhile to find a cheap ticket into Hobby on another airline and save my miles for some other trip?

Edited by ShamuLovesMe, 09 February 2005 - 01:48 AM.

#101 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:42 AM

Since this will be an "on your own dive" what are the chances of pairing divers who have never been to the Flower Gardens with divers who have as they are likley to know thier way around and which area might be a bit better then another (yes I know it is all good, but being with someone who has been there before would be very helpful)

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#102 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:52 AM

Mike, flying into IAH (Bush) would be great as well. MOF, it is easier to get to and leave from. As we get closer to the trip, we will get all transportation things worked out.

-ZD

WOOHOO -- now Trigger and her neice and Marvel are coming to play as well....this is going to be a GREAT TRIP.

#103 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:13 AM

Count me in baby!!! I will be driving in from Dallas.

Deposit check is in the mail.....

Terri

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Edited by ioconsult, 09 February 2005 - 09:16 AM.

'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#104 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:17 AM

Since this will be an "on your own dive" what are the chances of pairing divers who have never been to the Flower Gardens with divers who have as they are likley to know thier way around and which area might be a bit better then another (yes I know it is all good, but being with someone who has been there before would be very helpful)

Linda

No worries Linda. Not sure what you mean by a "on your own dive" other then you need to have some good diving skills...ie.30-40 dives and you need to be AOW or equilivent. If you have any questions about your skills meeting this diving destination please pm or email me and we can discuss it. Several of you have already so that is good!

We will certainly help buddy up divers who need someone with them a bit more experienced and we will have 2 in-water dive masters on the boat that will also be helping ALL the divers.

I will handle rooming and buddies just as we always do on an SD trip so no worries there! Just let me know either via the thread or in private that you have some special concerns and we'll accommodate them!

In fact I'm sure that lots of our FG seasoned pros will be volunteering to help anyone who is uncertain about the diving when they get here!

Thanks to all of you for being so awesome...just in case I haven't done that in awhile!!! Thank you that is! And I really mean it! I can assure you that if you all weren't so great, I wouldn't be doing this!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#105 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:18 AM

count me in for 2.....
me and my niece.

Great! Can you get your neice to register with SD and come up with a fun online name? :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users