• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: 4th of July ..Diving on History...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

just sent you an email...will be departing on the 6th. Had a bit of a blonde/SA moment, I guess. :welcome:

LOL! Feel free to use this :marvel: for those blonde moments. Notice that the tag line is my name??? :anna:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#77 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

If there is any interest, for those of you with late flights on July 5th or flights on July 6th I can arrange a place to meet for dinner near RDU on Tuesday evening...just throwing that out there. Let me know.

BlueD
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#78 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:21 AM

If there is any interest, for those of you with late flights on July 5th or flights on July 6th I can arrange a place to meet for dinner near RDU on Tuesday evening...just throwing that out there. Let me know.

BlueD

Hi,
I'll be leaving early on the 6th. Also, any suggestions about hotel for the night of the 5th?

thanks,

2dive4 :banghead:

#79 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

i have an air mattress. and i'd transfer people to & from the airport if need be. i've asked jason b (don't know if he's on here or not) if he thinks i can do these or not, since i'm a newbie, but even if i can't, i'd love to be helpful here in the triangle.

#80 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

i have an air mattress. and i'd transfer people to & from the airport if need be. i've asked jason b (don't know if he's on here or not) if he thinks i can do these or not, since i'm a newbie, but even if i can't, i'd love to be helpful here in the triangle.

We'd love to have you on the trip and I'm looking forward to hear from your instructor what his thoughts are on you handling NC. Of course we may have the option of you hiring a dm to dive with you on the trip if that is of interest to you. The only caveat is that you might miss a dive or two due to depth issues but if you were game we'd certainly consider it as another option after hearing back from your instructor.

And thanks for the kind offers of places to crash and airport runs...that is VERY sweet! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#81 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:55 PM

Don't count me out, I still may go!!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:00 PM

Don't count me out, I still may go!!!!

That would be great! We'd LOVE to have you! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#83 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

Well, it depends upon some family things. I've got to screw my courage up for some open water things these days after some stuff that's happened to me in the Gulf. But I know I'll be with a good bunch and I am with child to dive on some WWII wrecks!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#84 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

....I am with child to dive on some WWII wrecks!!!

You are perpetually pregnant aren't you Dennis? :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

Well, it depends upon some family things. I've got to screw my courage up for some open water things these days after some stuff that's happened to me in the Gulf. But I know I'll be with a good bunch and I am with child to dive on some WWII wrecks!!!

Its like riding a bike...once you are back in the uh...water again...you'll be fine! Plus we have LOTS of great divers if you want to join us. I know your issues and so whatever decision you make will be fine! -ww

formerly...

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

Mary got your payment! :thankyou: Elileen you are transferred from the Flower Gardens trip :thankyou: and Vinny aka VADiver just contacted me and he is home safe, sound and ready to get wet! So I think he will be joining us!

NOTE: I've had a number of people contact directly for these spots. If you are still thinking about them please lock in soon as we only have a few spots left! -ww

formerly...

#87 Kriterian

Kriterian

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water (1990 and again in July 2004), Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:5 required for OW

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

i have an air mattress.  and i'd transfer people to & from the airport if need be.  i've asked jason b (don't know if he's on here or not) if he thinks i can do these or not, since i'm a newbie, but even if i can't, i'd love to be helpful here in the triangle.

We'd love to have you on the trip and I'm looking forward to hear from your instructor what his thoughts are on you handling NC. Of course we may have the option of you hiring a dm to dive with you on the trip if that is of interest to you. The only caveat is that you might miss a dive or two due to depth issues but if you were game we'd certainly consider it as another option after hearing back from your instructor.

And thanks for the kind offers of places to crash and airport runs...that is VERY sweet! -ww

I'm interested in a trip to the coast for my first trip, especially since I live here in NC. I'm in the same boat as Babyduck though and just a newbie. I'd have to take my vacation to go on the trip, so let me know if you have more info on the DM option.

Maybe me and the duckster can be newbie buddies (nuddies or bewbies?) with the DM together.

#88 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,666 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

Ok calling all newbies! PM me or email me at kamala@singledivers.com your relevant diving experience such as:

1. Total number of dives
2. Date of OW or Basic certification
3. Place of OW or Basic certification
4. Any other certifications
5. Comfort in water i.e. swimmer, lifegaurd, etc.
6. How long ago you were certified and when your last dive was.

I will work on getting a suitable DM for you if you are interested. There will be an extra fee but it could easily be worth your while to experinence NC under the guide of a qualified expert. -ww

formerly...

#89 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

Alright ladies and gentlemen (especially ladies :thankyou: )... this trip is fast approaching and I'm not seeing a full roster just yet. Wassup?!?!?

C'mon now... this is the biggest birthday party of the year... and I want to spend it with some good old fashioned dyed in the red-white-and-blue partiers!!! We have a chance to see history up close and personal... AND with fellow SD-ers diving alongside us!!!! Heck, look at Pooqweese, he's travelin' all the way from Alaska... now that's my kind of spirit!!

Let's see... BBQ (or grillin' for you Southerners) at home or diving in NC.... hmmmm... no contest man, let's get this trip booked! Sure, it may not be a remote tropical island, but the airfare is much more reasonable and the eye candy at the beaches is going to be every bit as appealing! I mean... southern girls, talkin' with their gorgeous accents, all nice and tan and wearin' bikinis.... OUCH... my blood is boilin' just thinkin' about it!!

Seriously WW, I think maybe we should start offerin' Walter up for auction to the ladies... that'll get 'em goin'!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#90 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

Mary got your payment! :clapping: Elileen you are transferred from the Flower Gardens trip :clapping: and Vinny aka VADiver just contacted me and he is home safe, sound and ready to get wet! So I think he will be joining us!

NOTE: I've had a number of people contact directly for these spots. If you are still thinking about them please lock in soon as we only have a few spots left! -ww

Hi WW,
Glad you got my payment. I saw where you had ??'s after nitrox. If the wrecks are deeper then 110', I'll use air, of course. How deep is the deepest we'll get to go?

Looking forward to seeing the SDer's and having some more rip roaring fun! :respect:

Mary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users