• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: August 4-8 Wreck Mania...Wrecks & More...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#151 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:44 AM

But I am more concerned about what the Insurance does not cover.... rough waters for a person who gets "Sea sick walking in rain" and Air Hogs that breath 90 minutes of air in 40 minutes or less.....LOL....should of taken up golf!

If seas are normal you should do ok...if not we have places you can be sick in privacy! I know...I've used them all!

Meclazine is very good and effective for sea sickness and is non-drowsy. (Same active ingredient as Bonine but a fraction of the cost.)

Well we've got you in a steel 120 so I think we've got the air thing covered...you really must learn to relax when you dive...you'll breathe less! :cool2:

:hiya: I dislike Meclazine.....I am sleepy all the time until I hit the water....but it does work. Probably the first day I'll take some...then have my sea legs!

Regarding the air I am relaxed....but in currents.....I suck it up! But I would feel much more relaxed if my Dive Buddy had a 15' octo...for buddy sharing......since she does not breath.

I just met a guy in Hawaii who was maybe 200 lbs over weight (yes at least 200 lbs) smoked two packs of cigarettes a day, looked like a Mantee underwater....was the first in and last out......He had dive times of 78 minutes on an 80!!!! UNFAIR!!!!
You must endeavor to pursue!

#152 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:04 PM

But I am more concerned about what the Insurance does not cover.... rough waters for a person who gets "Sea sick walking in rain" and Air Hogs that breath 90 minutes of air in 40 minutes or less.....LOL....should of taken up golf!

If seas are normal you should do ok...if not we have places you can be sick in privacy! I know...I've used them all!

Meclazine is very good and effective for sea sickness and is non-drowsy. (Same active ingredient as Bonine but a fraction of the cost.)

Well we've got you in a steel 120 so I think we've got the air thing covered...you really must learn to relax when you dive...you'll breathe less! :fish2:

:fish2: I dislike Meclazine.....I am sleepy all the time until I hit the water....but it does work. Probably the first day I'll take some...then have my sea legs!

Regarding the air I am relaxed....but in currents.....I suck it up! But I would feel much more relaxed if my Dive Buddy had a 15' octo...for buddy sharing......since she does not breath.

I just met a guy in Hawaii who was maybe 200 lbs over weight (yes at least 200 lbs) smoked two packs of cigarettes a day, looked like a Mantee underwater....was the first in and last out......He had dive times of 78 minutes on an 80!!!! UNFAIR!!!!

Hey Scott, don't forget to order some Cocculus

Kamala, for some of us, how rough the seas are or aren't, simply mean the DEGREE of sea-sickness not whether or not it will happen. I've been known to be hanging over the side on glass, and I even got sick parasailing (all over the $120 relief band I was using):-D
"

#153 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:09 PM

Never heard of Meclazine. Is it like scopalamine? I've never gotten seasick but I plan on taking something with me, just in case. Don't feel like missing any dives.

Funny story about air hogs. I dove at Epcot on Friday at the Living Seas. We all got 3000 psi. The tank is only 25 feet deep. After about 35 minutes, this guy who was following me was down to 500 psi. Talk about consumption. :hiya: He signaled to me that he was surfacing and I said :respect: I had another 20 minutes left before the DM signaled the dive was over. Don't know how much air I had left. I forgot to check

#154 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:24 PM

Never heard of Meclazine. Is it like scopalamine? I've never gotten seasick but I plan on taking something with me, just in case. Don't feel like missing any dives.

Funny story about air hogs. I dove at Epcot on Friday at the Living Seas. We all got 3000 psi. The tank is only 25 feet deep. After about 35 minutes, this guy who was following me was down to 500 psi. Talk about consumption. ;)  He signaled to me that he was surfacing and I said  :D I had another 20 minutes left before the DM signaled the dive was over. Don't know how much air I had left. I forgot to check

:hiya: You can get Meclazine (sp) over the counter. Probably a few people will have to share...especially me!

I do not see anything FUNNY about you Air Hog story! It is not in the least bit funny to make fun of people who are "Air Consumption Challenged or have a Disability" :dltears: We do our best at sucking as little or as much as we can!..... But I am so happy to know you always have extra air......Buddy!!! :respect:

#155 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

Funny story about air hogs. I dove at Epcot on Friday at the Living Seas. We all got 3000 psi. The tank is only 25 feet deep. After about 35 minutes, this guy who was following me was down to 500 psi. Talk about consumption. :D  He signaled to me that he was surfacing and I said  :) I had another 20 minutes left before the DM signaled the dive was over. Don't know how much air I had left. I forgot to check

:hiya: You can get Meclazine (sp) over the counter. Probably a few people will have to share...especially me!

I do not see anything FUNNY about you Air Hog story! It is not in the least bit funny to make fun of people who are "Air Consumption Challenged or have a Disability" :dltears: We do our best at sucking as little or as much as we can!..... But I am so happy to know you always have extra air......Buddy!!! :respect:

:) We're buddies? I didn't know that. I hope you're diving with doubles. I don't have an octo. Only an Air2. ;)

When I got to the surface, the guy said to me, "I'm not used to diving with so much weight and I usually drift dive." ;) Whatever!!! They really do overweight you in Epcot.

The biggest airhog I ever dove with was my son on our first couple of days in Roatan in April. This kid was sucking it down. I would have 1800 psi left and he would be down to 500!! Some of my dives were only 40 minutes long and I was paying for Nitrox too!!! Really pissed me off. :P
But once he got his trim better and I talked to him about being nervous, he settled down and was only about 200 psi less than me on both dives.

#156 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:15 AM

:wakawaka:
:lmao: We're buddies? I didn't know that. I hope you're diving with doubles. I don't have an octo. Only an Air2.  :teeth:

:birthday: Anybody with extra air at 110' is my newest best dive buddy :teeth:

#157 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

:lmao: We're buddies? I didn't know that. I hope you're diving with doubles. I don't have an octo. Only an Air2.  :teeth:

Well, just remember for that to work, you have STAY with your buddy. Same day same ocean buddies and air sharging usually don't work :D
"

#158 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:01 PM

Well, just remember for that to work, you have STAY with your buddy. Same day same ocean buddies and air sharging usually don't work :D

I was just kidding....Ali....sorry for the confusion.

#159 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hey Scott you don't need to apologize to Ali.

Hey, don't apologize to me. I can accept and respect others opinions when they differ from mine, so, please don't feel you need to be sorry and apologize for holding a different opinion; you have not hurt or offended me in the least. Just go out their and dive in whatever way you find enjoyable, and I will do the same!

#160 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:43 PM

Hey, don't apologize to me. I can accept and respect others opinions when they differ from mine, so, please don't feel you need to be sorry and apologize for holding a different opinion; you have not hurt or offended me in the least. Just go out their and dive in whatever way you find enjoyable, and I will do the same!

I think I'm missing something here. :dance:

#161 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:15 PM

I think I'm missing something here. :cool1:

I guess you had to be there. :dance: :dance:

#162 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

whew....Chuck, sounds like some high maintenance is gonna be going on in NC this next trip. You should go! :cool2:

#163 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:48 AM

Hey Kamala,
I am driving down from New York and need directions to the hotel. We'll be coming down I95 from Virginia. Not sure when we will be getting there but Thursday dinner time probably. Do you have a cell number to use in case we get stuck and run really late?
Thanks! :o
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#164 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

Ariesno1,

Are you still looking for a lift down to NC in Aug?

Bjs

Bjs,
No, Capt Saaz is going to pick me up. :twist: Are you going? I am sooooo much looking forward to these dives.
:teeth:

Doris

Hey Brian, I tried to send you a PM, but it did not work. That's why I am contacting you this way.
Are you coming with us to North Carolina? It would be great if you can come :diver: :fish2: :diver:

On 3 August we have another happy hour in our area. So far I missed all of them because I was out of town. This time I am going. :lmao: Check it out:

http://www.singlediv...?showtopic=5668

Doris

#165 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hey Kamala, I just want to let you know that for the last two months I am driving with the SD sticker on my car :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users