• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: August 4-8 Wreck Mania...Wrecks & More...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#121 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:11 PM

Hey GentDiver...got your 120's upgrade! Thanks!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#122 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:50 PM

Woo Hoo!! :blush:

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#123 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:Over 198

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:46 AM

Woo Hoo!!  :-D

Scott

Hi Scott and Doris...wish I was going with you guys. And to all you going to NC for the wreck diving....I know you'll have a great time. People seem to be quite concerned about water temps..don't be because with these dives..water temp will be the last thing on your mind. :teeth:

ahmmm...here's the drill there. Put your tanks on the boat, set up your gear, lather with sunscreen and enjoy the beautiful early morning boat ride to the first wreck. um...about 2 hrs. or so. When Rob (?...is that his name, boat crew guy) gets geared up that means you have about 7-8 mins before the first dive. Watch him go in with the anchor...way cool! THEN gear up, hold your fins in your hands and walk to the side of the boat. They will put your fins on you and then get your butt in the water. Don't dilly dally getting to the bottom...coz' that takes away from your bottom time. TAKE a LIGHT and a mesh bag in case you find any artifacts.

After the first dive be prepared for Kamala's gourmet sandwiches. Now, that's a treat in itself. huh, Kamala...I just luv you. The second dive of the day will be better then the first and by the 4th day? oh my gosh...it's just so awesome. The boat rides back can be bumpy..oh hell, they ARE bumpy but, your dives make it all so worth it. YEE-HAW!

Anywho, just go with it and say hi to Billy and Barbara for me. Maybe she'll have some of her butter beans left over. You'll feel like you've known these people all your life. They're the owners of the motel. Be safe and take lots of pics.

hugs,
2dive4 :lmao:

#124 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:46 AM

Don't dilly dally getting to the bottom...coz' that takes away from your bottom time.

Good advice, but my buddy should be forwarned. I descend slowly. I have difficulty equalizing my left ear so I take it nice and slow. Though in Roatan in April, I tried Doc's Proplugs for the first time and that seemed to help a lot. Or maybe it was the sudafed my ENT told me to take before a dive. Anyway, between the two, I could equalize like a normal person. :birthday: But I still go slow.

#125 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

Oh my, definately take your time for equalizing purposes. What I meant by "don't dilly dally" was that in "resort" diving the DM will say "meet at the surface and descend as a group". Nope, that's not the case here. You'll want to spend as much bottom time on the wrecks as you can.

You might want to have someone "candle" your ears. Right Phylis and WW? :birthday:

#126 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Buz....got your check! WOO!!! HOO!!! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#127 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

As for going slow....ain't no one slower than me going down the line...just ask my dive buddies! :birthday:

formerly...

#128 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:04 PM

You might want to have someone "candle" your ears. Right Phylis and WW? :birthday:

OK. I give. What's that? BTW, if it has something to do with wax in your ears, that's not my problem. I just have crappy euthasian tubes, small and twisty, turny. My ENT told me I'd never be a Navy SEAL. :birthday:

#129 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:36 PM

[quote name='2dive4' date='Jul 18 2005, 09:46 AM'] [
[/QUOTE]
Hi Scott and Doris...wish I was going with you guys. And to all you going to NC for the wreck diving....I know you'll have a great time. People seem to be quite concerned about water temps..don't be because with these dives..water temp will be the last thing on your mind. :birthday:

ahmmm...here's the drill there. Put your tanks on the boat, set up your gear, lather with sunscreen and enjoy the beautiful early morning boat ride to the first wreck. um...about 2 hrs. or so. When Rob (?...is that his name, boat crew guy) gets geared up that means you have about 7-8 mins before the first dive. Watch him go in with the anchor...way cool! THEN gear up, hold your fins in your hands and walk to the side of the boat. They will put your fins on you and then get your butt in the water. Don't dilly dally getting to the bottom...coz' that takes away from your bottom time. TAKE a LIGHT and a mesh bag in case you find any artifacts.

After the first dive be prepared for Kamala's gourmet sandwiches. Now, that's a treat in itself. huh, Kamala...I just luv you. The second dive of the day will be better then the first and by the 4th day? oh my gosh...it's just so awesome. The boat rides back can be bumpy..oh hell, they ARE bumpy but, your dives make it all so worth it. YEE-HAW!

Anywho, just go with it and say hi to Billy and Barbara for me. Maybe she'll have some of her butter beans left over. You'll feel like you've known these people all your life. They're the owners of the motel. Be safe and take lots of pics.

hugs,
2dive4 :birthday: [/quote]
Mary, I wish you could join us. You are always so much fun. :birthday:
And thanks for the good advice. I am sooooooooo much looking forward to these dives.
Doris

#130 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

Mary, I wish you could join us.  You are always so much fun. :sleepy:
And thanks for the good advice. I am sooooooooo much looking forward to these dives.
Doris

Hi Doris, thank you, I do try my best to enjoy every minute of my day/nights/evenings/diving/ well, my life! :D I wish I was on this trip, too and would've been had I that week open. We did have a great, crazy, fun time on the April Saba/St Kitts trip, huh? :cool1:

enjoy! :teeth:

#131 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:49 PM

As for going slow....ain't no one slower than me going down the line...just ask my dive buddies! :sleepy:

girlfirend, that's probably the ONLY time you're slow goin'. Your heart thanks you! :cool1:

#132 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

[quote name='2dive4' date='Jul 18 2005, 05:47 PM'] [/QUOTE]
We did have a great, crazy, fun time on the April Saba/St Kitts trip, huh? :cool1:

enjoy! :teeth: [/quote]
:sleepy: Ohhhhh yes, Mary, we did!!!

And yes, I will enjoy this trip too. How can I not ? .... with Kamala, Dan, Scott and Allan around me .... and of course all the new divers I will meet. :D

#133 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:12 AM

Don't dilly dally getting to the bottom...coz' that takes away from your bottom time.

Hmmmm.. better buddy me up with someone who can power descend. Chased my camera down on the Saba trip once. Caught up to it at 45ft.

We will have fun Mary I bet you that!
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#134 2dive4

2dive4

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

And yes, I will enjoy this trip too.  How can I not ?  ....  with Kamala, Dan, Scott and Allan around me  ....  and of course all the new divers I will meet. :dance:

You're killing me...all you guys will be there? I'm gonna cry.... :dance: What a great time you'll have AGAIN and without ME there? :o :hugs: to all of you.

#135 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

Hmmmm.. better buddy me up with someone who can power descend. Chased my camera down on the Saba trip once. Caught up to it at 45ft.

We will have fun Mary I bet you that!

Dan, I remember that from Saba... Lets not have a repeat performance on this trip... Ok? :rolleyes:

Scott

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users