• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive ship for sale

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:10 AM

Well let's run some numbers since I started this mess. She takes a crew of 82. Assuming equal shares (as all good pirates do) That comes to a little over $20,000 per share. Not bad since you can tie up more than this in a good ski boat or bass rig.

We'd need to pirate about 80 of those ski rigs or bass boats to pay for her, but considering her size and the stealth that the submersible would give us, that shouldn't be a problem.

Hmmmmmm!!! This could work!

Url is http://www.ships-for...upport_ship.htm
Shall we make an offer?--Oh Let's just go steal her if we're going to be pirates.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#32 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:39 AM

No self respecting pirate would make an offer....good old-fashion thievery, er, pirating is what's needed!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#33 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:22 AM

Let's see 1200 members, about 800 who would be willing to finance, the balance to work as crew to pay for their share. Thats roughly $ 2050 per member initial start up fee. And how much do we pay per dive trip? We would have use of the boat all year and could go to all the destinations we want. We could sell trips on the submersible to non-members to pay for yearly maintenance and fuel. And the treasure we would uncover would pay for food and other essentials.

This would allow for those South Pacific trips to be of varied lengths of time.

Jim, do we know the cruising speed on this puppy? We could pick up the member in Florida, Texas, and California, Hawaii, the Pacific NW and dive in between.

Someone suggested more than 22 on a trip I think it will work on here.Do we know how many people can be aboard. I'm sure some of us ladies would be willing to redecorate and make it more homey.

Scheduling could be tough, but I think this will work.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#34 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:40 PM

Assuming a crew of 82, I would think that means 82 people need to be on the boat. or sleeping. So figure about 80 as crew, about 80 to be diving, and about 40 to do the pirating. Positions could rotate around. Each person would crew for two weeks, diving for a week, pirating for a week, and diving for a week, repeat. This way we could dive and be self-supporting.

#35 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

Assuming a crew of 82, I would think that means 82 people need to be on the boat. or sleeping. So figure about 80 as crew, about 80 to be diving, and about 40 to do the pirating. Positions could rotate around. Each person would crew for two weeks, diving for a week, pirating for a week, and diving for a week, repeat. This way we could dive and be self-supporting.

I am a mean cook/baker. Not intimidated by the thought of feeding a large crowd of hungry divers. I would be willing to be chief cook and bottle washer. Or main cook/diver/pirate.
I wonder if this sort of venture is truely do able... I mean really, I know the cruise ships are super hot right now, live aboards ditto.... Ok any number crunchers, or business analyst out there want to jump in a do a feasibility report???
I am at a place in my life ready to move on, and do something new..Single, kids raised, learned a lot in 39(almost 40) years of living.. Not a dumb bunny by any means..
Feed back anyone????
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#36 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:08 PM

Well, I don't think that we have to assume that 82 is a limit on the number that we can have onboard. Presumably there are holds and other spaces that could renovated into living quarters for more people.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#37 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

Well, I don't think that we have to assume that 82 is a limit on the number that we can have onboard. Presumably there are holds and other spaces that could renovated into living quarters for more people.

OK- this talk has gone far enough! Dennis- you are hereby appointed to open negotiations. Just be sure to let them know that if they don't just agree to whatever we offer that their vessel just might disappear into the Bermuda Triangle. :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#38 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

Arrggh!!! They be warned!!!

I think an inspection of the vessel is the first thing to do.

To make sure that it is suitable for the placement of cannons and other armament.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#39 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

Arrggh!!! They be warned!!!

I think an inspection of the vessel is the first thing to do.

To make sure that it is suitable for the placement of cannons and other armament.

Also, need to know if there is a suitable treasure room and space for a holding cell.... When dealing with pirates you should always have a secured place to lock em up when they start thinking mutany.....
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#40 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:30 PM

OK- this talk has gone far enough! Dennis- you are hereby appointed to open negotiations. Just be sure to let them know that if they don't just agree to whatever we offer that their vessel just might disappear into the Bermuda Triangle. :lmao:

LOl Well said Marvel!!!

Guestion is, where do we park it??? :teeth:
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#41 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:49 PM

We don't need to park it, Mishelle, we have the 7 seas as our oyster, or er, ocean...

LOL

#42 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:58 PM

Once we have made an inspection, and are satisfied as to her seaworthy nature, we will enter into negotiations. I will be happy to conduct negotiations on behalf of the crew/owners. As far as actual ownership, my initial thoughts are to form a corporation with shares for sale, with certain rights accorded to share owners for dive bunks, etc. What say ye, me hearties? I'm open to suggestions.

#43 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:10 PM

Equal shares, of course. I "volunteer" to be part of the inspection committee. Dennis? Where are we off to anyway? :lmao:

We can anchor out on the third set of bouys in my sideyard whenever we are so inclined- close enough to the Triangle to make a quick run for it if the blasted Navy tries to catch us! Quick jaunt to Bimini- sounds like the perfect island to take from the natives & make our "Safe Harbour"... :lmao:
Marvel

Posted Image

#44 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Once we have made an inspection, and are satisfied as to her seaworthy nature, we will enter into negotiations. I will be happy to conduct negotiations on behalf of the crew/owners. As far as actual ownership, my initial thoughts are to form a corporation with shares for sale, with certain rights accorded to share owners for dive bunks, etc. What say ye, me hearties? I'm open to suggestions.

we should look at maybe dominica or the area and form an offshore corp.. for tax reasons and all... can be done...
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#45 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:56 AM

I've email the broker to find out the location of our ship so we can plan a visit. The offshore corporation is a good idea. And we need a business plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users