• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Scuba Show Long Beach CA May 20-22

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:07 PM

Okay Doug, just what is all this about monkeys? I must be missing something.

#17 rockhound1971

rockhound1971

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:11 PM

no, rosa, your not missing anything, just my twisted sense of humor thats all...

hey ww have you heard anything relative to your request?
In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

-Thomas Jefferson

#18 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:49 AM

Would be happy to volunteer IF I'm in town that weekend. I'm supposed to be working in the Sea of Cortez then, but if something falls through with that count me in.

Dr. Bill

#19 turquoise

turquoise

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:55

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

Just registered with your site and would like to get involved in helping out at the Long Beach Scuba Show. What happens next? Will I be contacted?

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:19 PM

Just registered with your site and would like to get involved in helping out at the Long Beach Scuba Show. What happens next? Will I be contacted?

Hey Turquoise! Welcome! And yes you will be contacted to help with the show as it gets closer AND of course to join us at CA Happy Hours and just about anything else you'd like to help out with.

In the meantime would you mind posting an intro in our New to SingleDivers.com section so that we all can officially welcome you and get to know you?

Click here, then click on "New Topic" and then say hello and something about yourself!

Glad you've jumped right in. We'll get you upgraded to Trial Premier member so that you can post a picture as well as view our photo galleries and more! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:33 PM

Hey Turquoise! Welcome! And yes you will be contacted to help with the show as it gets closer AND of course to join us at CA Happy Hours and just about anything else you'd like to help out with.

In the meantime would you mind posting an intro in our New to SingleDivers.com section so that we all can officially welcome you and get to know you?

Click here, then click on "New Topic" and then say hello and something about yourself!

Glad you've jumped right in. We'll get you upgraded to Trial Premier member so that you can post a picture as well as view our photo galleries and more! -ww

:hiya: Sorry but i have been a few thousand miles away (diving) so.... out of touch. Does this mean you are going to the show? If so what type of help do you need?
You must endeavor to pursue!

#22 suzypmp

suzypmp

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:6

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:14 PM

:fish: YES - Count me in!!! I'm anxious to become involved and to meet as many of you as possible!!!!

:D
Suzy

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:21 PM

:cool1: YES - Count me in!!! I'm anxious to become involved and to meet as many of you as possible!!!!

:cool1:

Great to see you back! Right now we can only afford to do the show if we get a dive club rate. This show does not have a dive club rate but they are considering a request I made that they create one...or at least one for us! :teeth:

As soon as I know I'll let you know and then we can fully plan this! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#24 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

WW,

Any new news on this??? Some lovely 'Angels' shared with a number of folks in Caliifornia about looking for Sd at Long Beach??

Please advise as I see there are a couple of folks on this thread that are seeking information or looking to help out!!!!!

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#25 Kenny

Kenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:trimix/ccr
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:47 PM

pehaps one of our local shops would share some booth space with you. or a manufature that would like to display some gear could help you with the cost, or a resort
I think there are a lot of single divers in LA. but $1,000 is to much for a booth.
IMHO I thinnk the show was beter when it used to be on the Queen Mary it was more about local
diving. as for me I would like to go to a meet and greet party ,but when it comes to diving
I pefer it solo.

#26 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

Any update on whether SD will have a booth (or share one) for the Long Beach Scuba Show? Just wondering if I'll get to meet WW before the FG. :P

#27 TatonkaDive

TatonkaDive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

So is there at least going to be an SD Happy Hour around this event? Seems like there should be something to welcome any and all friends to the SoCal area. Of course I don't know where I'll be during those dates, but I'm going to try to get dwon to the Show.
Stay wet!
tatonkadive

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:20 AM

pehaps one of our local shops would share some booth space with you. or a manufature that would like to display some gear could help you with the cost, or a resort
I think there are a lot of single divers in LA. but $1,000 is to much for a booth.
IMHO I thinnk the show was beter when it used to be on the Queen Mary it was more about local
diving. as for me I would like to go to a meet and greet party ,but when it comes to diving
I pefer it solo.

Thank you for the kind offer!

We have tried a number of ways to make this work for this year and we just can't get it to happen and now airfare is even skyhigh so I'm not sure I can make it out just to walk the show!

HOWEVER...I hope we get a HH going for those in the area that will be visiting the show and DustBowlDiver may have business in the area so will want to attend. One of our members DiveScoop can usually get free tickets so let us know who plans to attend and we'll work on free tickets.

Also if anyone wants little wallet sized SD calendars to hand out to people at the show let me know and I'll send a care package of them! -ww

formerly...

#29 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

I was wrestling between going to the Scuba Show and actually diving, and finally decided on the latter. I'll be diving down in Baja at a site I haven't been to before -- La Bufadora, near Ensenada -- so I'm looking forward to it, though I'll miss the show and the opportunity to meet some of you. Hope "y'alls" have fun, whoever's going.

Here's where I'm going:

Posted Image

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

Is anyone wants really cool wallet sized calendars with our logo on the other side...let me know and I'll get them to you to hand out at the show!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users