• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flax Seed

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#91 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hey Kamala. If you are going to the December happy hour on the 11th please bring me a jug of flax seed that we had in Athens, I will settle with you then. Oh and no delivery charges please.

Cool another one to try the therapeutic benefits of flaxseed! And don't worry...there will be no delivery charge...well at least none that a bit of mistletoe can't handle! LOL!!! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#92 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:51 AM

I have been anemic for most of my life and recently got the talking to by my doctors and the result: a prescription for very harsh iron supplements. I am not a pill taker by nature nor someone who has had to deal with health issues in life so this has thrown me for a huge loop. I then decided to start researching for methods to combat this deficiency more naturally, but hey, you can only eat so much spinach a day you know!? Coincidentally, I found through other sources that flaxseed is one of natural supplements recommended to combat anemia (that and brewers yeast whcih turns out to not mean lots of beer - bummer! :teeth: ).

Hey....wait a minute...flaxseed, I recall there being a thread on SD about that! So I read through this thread and contacted Kamala. I am going to see how the flaxseed/berry extract regimen goes for 4 months and check back in. :2cool:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#93 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

Dive_Girl that is great news! And yes...you'll get more iron, b's, folic acid and the host of other nutrients from FOOD...that your body needs to combat anemia. I expect you'll see a huge improvement during the first 120 days or 4 months which by the way is the time it takes to replace your entire blood supply with the whole food nutrition regime you are starting!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#94 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:14 PM

Just in time to possibly make a quick trip to the Keys over Memorial Day....at least that's what I'm thinking about for now! Wha-hoo! :welcome:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#95 glenn

glenn

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:aow

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

Hi Kamala.

I've sent you a PM with my shipping info. I'll add fresh ground flax seed to my growing list of healthier food choices! I don't suppose I could grind it together with my morning Starbuck's Italian Roast could I? :welcome:

Thanks,

glenn

#96 JohnnyC

JohnnyC

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver- did most of my diving on Okinawa
  • Logged Dives:67

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:32 PM

Hey WW,
So after extensive reading of the "flax seed thread" I am thinking long and hard about jumping on the flaxseed bandwagon. I also have been trying to stick to the outer walls of the market as well. Anyway it seems like alot of people are using flax to loose wieght. Thats great, but that would be somewhat counter productive for me. I'm actually trying to gain weight (read: lean muscle). Will this affect me in any way. I also am a salmon and sashimi(sushi without the rice) lover. Will I see any diffrence in taking flax that I don't already get with the fish? Also I'm on a high protien diet (200g a day) and drink 128+ oz of water a day. Will that be enough water or will I need to increase more? I am in a very active job (firefighter) and loose alot of water. My luch is 3 chicken breasts grapes and a bannanna and I eat snacks throughout the day. I'm worried that by taking flax I may not want to eat as well. I'm sorry I ramble on so but I am trying to figure out if this is for me. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Johnny :dance:
The road goes on forever and the party never ends!

#97 glenn

glenn

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:aow

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:43 PM

Kamala,

Yes, I'm looking forward to trying the fresh ground flax seed. I'll start with 1 Tbs am & pm. & increase to 2 after a week. Perfect timing, as I used the last of the (rancid) meal yesterday!

I'm also looking forward to more nutritional info.

thanks again.

glenn

#98 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

Kamala,

Yes, I'm looking forward to trying the fresh ground flax seed. I'll start with 1 Tbs am & pm. & increase to 2 after a week. Perfect timing, as I used the last of the (rancid) meal yesterday!

I'm also looking forward to more nutritional info.

thanks again.

glenn

Yes start with 1 T in the am with juice and 1 T in the pm with juice for a week and then increase to 2 T in the am and 2 T in the pm. The am flax gives you energy and fuel for the day. The pm flax gives your body fuel to heal itself while sleeping...very good for anyone who works out a lot OR gets late night munchies!

And thank goodness you are no longer taking the pre-ground already oxidated (translation: rancid) flax anymore. Sometimes you will see a conflicting report about flaxseed's benefits and when looked at closer....they used pre-ground flax aka rancid flax or the oil which is also suspect to becoming rancid very easily.

Just grind fresh each time you plan to consume the product and you'll obtain ALL the benefits! -ww

formerly...

#99 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:01 PM

Kamala,

Send me the big jar right away. I am convinced and ready to give it a try.

See, I am turning the big 50 in a few months and have decided to get super serious on making the next 50 as fun as the last 50.

After reading this post I also went out and rented Super Size Me. So today, I was hungry and pulled into a Mickey D's, and thought of the movie and pulled right back out.

Thanks for all the great info.

Mike

#100 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

Good move, Mike. Hold out for the Hardee's Monster Thickburger instead!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#101 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

Kamala,

Send me the big jar right away. I am convinced and ready to give it a try.

See, I am turning the big 50 in a few months and have decided to get super serious on making the next 50 as fun as the last 50.

After reading this post I also went out and rented Super Size Me. So today, I was hungry and pulled into a Mickey D's, and thought of the movie and pulled right back out.

Thanks for all the great info.

Mike

Mike I'm REALLY proud of you!!! :teeth: I will get your flaxseed out to you this week so you can get started on making the next 50 as great as the first 50! Your new goal needs to be:

Live Long...Die Short!

Unfortunately most Americans live short and die long due to illness, poor health, injury and disease. And the REALLY sad part is that it is all avoidable...in fact it is as simple as driving by...or in this case...pulling out of the Mickey-D's drive thru!! :teeth:

Hopefully others will also be inspired to be HEALTHY divers!!! Afterall...think of it as a cheap diving insurance policy...the healthier you are....the longer you get to dive!!! :)

formerly...

#102 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

Good move, Mike. Hold out for the Hardee's Monster Thickburger instead!

Jamie,

How did you know where I went when I left McDs?

Now that you ratted me out, the thickburger was great!

I did skip the fries, and now I need the flax to clean me out.

Mike

#103 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

Good move, Mike.  Hold out for the Hardee's Monster Thickburger instead!

Jamie,

How did you know where I went when I left McDs?

Now that you ratted me out, the thickburger was great!

I did skip the fries, and now I need the flax to clean me out.

Mike

Yeah right! :teeth:

formerly...

#104 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:48 AM

Hey WW...got some crud and I read that flaxseed was both anti-viral and anti-bacterial. Does that mean I should take more of it since I'm sick and will it help me to fight off my crud? Also, should I take more of my fruit and veggie and berry extracts?

#105 Seawitch

Seawitch

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:46 AM

Hi Kamala,

I have been reading about the flaxseed. After additional research, I decided to jump on the flaxseed wagon. Would you send me the price and shipping information? Thanks.

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users