• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FYI: US Passports

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

I received mine in the mail a few months ago. The cost was about $90.00 and a four week wait. I applied at the county courthouse.

It's far easier than breaking ID out of my wallet when I have to cross over to Canada and I do some Ontario diving. I don't forsee going to any other countries outside of there in the near future as I am not in a position to get sent to any sandboxes.

I had one several years ago, back when terrorists wanted to hijack planes and the governments could try to negiotiate long enough to get some passengers off or the plane on the ground/ commandos on plane. I was to meet my sub in Italy a plane leaving Rome had recently been hijacked and a US Navy diver's body thrown off the plane on the landing strip. Apparently, they pulled passports and gave anyone traveling on military ID "special treatment". As a result, all Navy personel flying abroad were advised to get passports and time their last haircut so that it had a chance to grow out before their projected flight date out of the country. One of my older dogs destroyed that passport.

Edited by Diverbrian, 21 August 2005 - 11:48 AM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users