• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SCUBA Cures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

Rather than cures FOR SCUBA related aches, pains and symptoms, what are some things that SCUBA cures?

I know from personal experience that SCUBA really helps low back pain. Get down around 60 or 75 feet and it's better than a good chiropractor.

I also hear that a few whiffs of enriched air (the more oxygen the better) will cure a headache and according to hangover.net, "Nothing cures a hangover better than a deep deep scuba dive." :D

SCUBA diving has even saved the lives of those not even associated with getting wet. For example, how many of our bosses :lmao: and irriatating co-workers :lmao: would still be alive if we divers didn't escape to tropic seas and relaxing isles from time to time? :D

Any other's?

#2 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

Well as I always tell people it makes me lighter. After diving my wallet definitely weights less. :lmao:

#3 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

well it has certianly cured "PMS" for me. It's better than Chocolate for keeping me from killing my fellow man in fits of hormone induced rage!!! :lmao:
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#4 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

Well as I always tell people it makes me lighter. After diving my wallet definitely weights less. :lmao:

Good one! AND, you may not have enough left over for food further enhancing the health benefits with a natural way to loose weight (not eating as much).

So, diving is a good form of dieting. Hmmmm, what would be a good name for it? The Divers Diet?

#5 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:59 PM

well it has certianly cured "PMS" for me. It's better than Chocolate for keeping me from killing my fellow man in fits of hormone induced rage!!! :lmao:

Hmmm, "Here honey, it's a new Scubapro regulator and tickets to Bonair, that'll make you feel better. Now will you kindly relax and release that death grip on the 'boys?' " :D LOL

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

Hmmm, "Here honey, it's a new Scubapro regulator and tickets to Bonair, that'll make you feel better. Now will you kindly relax and release that death grip on the 'boys?' " :D LOL

Hmm....holding the boys is a good thing...death grips are not...unless of course you did something to deserve it!!! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:33 PM

Hmmm, "Here honey, it's a new Scubapro regulator and tickets to Bonair, that'll make you feel better. Now will you kindly relax and release that death grip on the 'boys?' " :lmao: LOL

Hmm....holding the boys is a good thing...death grips are not...unless of course you did something to deserve it!!! :lmao:

Okay, I got nothing...nope, nada, no come back, no snappy response, no witty reply.....just a twisted little grin :cool2:

#8 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

Gosh is that a way for me to get new scuba toys.. C'MERE baby :anna: Just ignore the evil laugh
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#9 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

hmmmm....that tactic only works once.....

then "they" and their little friend won't for the "gripper"

Probably won't work for the "grippee" either.... :lmao:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#10 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:29 AM

The wise words of AC/DC come to mind.....posted below in part.

Well, I'm upper upper class high society.
God's gift to ballroom notoriety.
And I always fill my ballroom, the event is never small.
The social pages say I've got the biggest balls of all.

Some balls are held for charity, and some for fancy dress.
But when they're held for pleasure they're the balls that I like best.
My balls are always bouncing to the left and to the right.
It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night.

AC/DC Lyrics

#11 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

What are you saying that some guy wouldn't fall for it more than once??? Even ifI give him that puppy dog look with my big brown eyes???
Kay

#12 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

yes, ma'am

that's exactly what I am saying.....

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#13 BSG

BSG

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water SSI - AOW NAUI
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:11 PM

What are you saying that some guy wouldn't fall for it more than once??? Even ifI give him that puppy dog look with my big brown eyes???

Unfortunately, I probably would - I've been married three times! :)

#14 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:12 PM

Hmmm, "Here honey, it's a new Scubapro regulator and tickets to Bonair, that'll make you feel better. Now will you kindly relax and release that death grip on the 'boys?' " :cool1: LOL

Hmm....holding the boys is a good thing...death grips are not...unless of course you did something to deserve it!!! :lmao:

Deserve it???? Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users