• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Destinations for 2005...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

How could you resist such an offer?

Sign me up!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

can't wait until ww sets it up or something.

If we get more interest then you, Maus, Jim, Marla and me...I'll make it a trip!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:22 PM

okay 'maus...i checked on mapquest.  it's a 10 hour, 15 minute drive from my place.  how fun is that (hmmmm....flying maybe better.)  i just sent my sister a link about bonne terre as she loves to explore caves and always wanted to try out diving.  maybe this will get her interested to be my buddy (although she lives in michigan :diver: )  hmm...sounds super cool...can't wait until ww sets it up or something.

No doubt you'd have a ton o' Texans to carpool with, too. But it's also great to get your sister diving. Mine finally got certified this year and so far is loving it. We could both bring our sisters to dive at Bonne Terre and hang with the gang.
coppermaus

#19 AndrewJD

AndrewJD

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, DIR-F
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:39 PM

I've got a year long dive trip to Okinawa, Japan starting in November 04.

Jonathan

#20 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:37 PM

How about Cenotes of the Rivera Maya? WW, et al, have experience getting to Yucatan already....

Edited by jextract, 22 April 2004 - 01:38 PM.

"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:48 PM

I've got a year long dive trip to Okinawa, Japan starting in November 04.

Jonathan

Whoa!!! Now that's a heck of a dive trip! So figure out if there is good diving in Japan (or if anyone else knows jump right in) and perhaps we can join you for say a much shorter trip...say a week to 10 days?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#22 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:22 PM

Currently I don't have anything booked but am thinking of doing a 3 or 4 week trip to Micronesia(Palau, Yap, Truk and Kosrae). Looking at Feb-March. Hey you only turn 50 once. Also thinking about Coco Island in June/July timeframe. I got some other ideas to but those are the ones that are looking like they have the most probability of happenin'

:banghead:

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:27 PM

Currently I don't have anything booked but am thinking of doing a 3 or 4 week trip to Micronesia(Palau, Yap, Truk and Kosrae). Looking at Feb-March. Hey you only turn 50 once. Also thinking about Coco Island in June/July timeframe. I got some other ideas to but those are the ones that are looking like they have the most probability of happenin'

Ooooh a 50th birthday....wouldn't it be wonderful to help you celebrate it! Not sure we could put a trip together to Truk/Yap etc that soon. Last time I looked at prices they were pretty steep...although Jan and Feb is a great time to go.

Why are you hot on Coco Island? Also is June/July the best time to go there? When is the worst time to go there?

formerly...

#24 bandit

bandit

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:31 PM

I'll almost certainly go back to Tobago next year. I haven't seen my timeshare in almost 3 years down there. Saba has been on my list for awhile, as has Dominica. Turks would be good too. Micronesia is of course on the list, but probably not next year.
Beatings for the crew will continue until moral improves...

#25 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:32 PM

Ooooh a 50th birthday....wouldn't it be wonderful to help you celebrate it! Not sure we could put a trip together to Truk/Yap etc that soon. Last time I looked at prices they were pretty steep...although Jan and Feb is a great time to go.

Why are you hot on Coco Island?  Also is June/July the best time to go there? When is the worst time to go there?

I'm not sure of the best/worst time to go. I checked out the whale shark sitings and they seem to be very plentiful during June/July. I'm thinking of doing Malpelo with Coco. The reason is to see Mr. Big not to mention all the hammerheads and other sharks. I've heard there are so many white tips you get tired of them.

As for Micronesia. Continental has a deal where you can get a ticket that lets you do 3 or 4 stops for about the same price. Looking at liveaboards in Palau and Truk
and landed based at the other two sites.

- Chuck

Edited by chinacat46, 22 April 2004 - 03:33 PM.

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:35 PM

In Truk you want the Odessey ONLY! As for the others I'm not sure. I'll see what I can dig up! -ww

formerly...

#27 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:35 PM

I can't recommend Micronesia highly enough. The diving there was absolutely unbelievable! Brilliant corals, and far, far more fish than I've ever seen anywhere else, including Fiji.

If you're interested I can send you a videotape that has some info on the resort http://www.kosraevillage.com where I stayed plus has lots of raw dive footage. I stayed there for ten days and seven of the ten we were the only people at the resort other than the folks who worked there (who happen to be incredibly nice).

Jamie
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:36 PM

I'll almost certainly go back to Tobago next year. I haven't seen my timeshare in almost 3 years down there. Saba has been on my list for awhile, as has Dominica. Turks would be good too. Micronesia is of course on the list, but probably not next year.

Hey Bandit...

When are the best and worst times to dive the destinations you've listed? Thanks, ww

formerly...

#29 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:40 PM

Yes definitely the Odyssey but I hear it's booked way ahead. That one could be tough. I have a buddyless friend from Canada who joined the board and she is also interested in going to Micronesia. I think she has just been lurking. I'll have to try and get her to post. Met her down in Cabo on the Solomar V. I'm currently out of town on biz and was out of touch for two days at offsite meetings. I'm at HQ today and tomorrow and don't get back home till late tomorrow night. I would have liked to go to the Blue Hole but there was just to much going on this week and tomorrow night I have to go to a Bachelor party and saturday to a concert. I'm in Wichita at the moment. :lam:

#30 tenhigh

tenhigh

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:08 PM

I too like Narwal's suggestion. There are certainly opportunities to dive and get together all over the country that wouldn't break the bank. Other than the regional "cells" has Narwal puts it, I have several dive spots that I've wanted to visit:

Riding Rock Inn,San Sal, Bahamas
Small Hope Bay Lodge, Andros, Bahamas
Roatan or Utila
San Andreas sounds fun.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Dive Lodge.
Cozumel, again, and again
Any livaboard in the Carib. - I haven't been on one yet.

How about renting a villa for a group trip? A few years ago we rented a 10 person villa in Coz. that was perfect. With meals it was about the same price as an AI and we had our own pool and dock for pick-up

As you can tell, I'm a WWW so to speak and would much rather spend vacation time in warm water than cold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users