• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Pls put Jim aka Narwhal in your prayers...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 texasmermaid

texasmermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:158

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

Jim - Get well soon!!! :lmao: Take care of yourself so we can all get back in the water together soon or go to Scubadillo parties! You were a great date for the Fab Four last time. We need you there next time too! :lmao:
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped!

#17 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:07 PM

Hey Jim, take care of that pump... you aren't finished with this planet yet.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Update:

The doctor just said he was good to go home so he expects to be home within a couple of hours. He said he'd check in on the board and say 'hi' to everyone!

Thank you all for your prayers and calls and well wishes! He certainly appreciated them!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

Jim, I feel I know you from all the fun photos of you wearing corn rows, so hang tough. Seems the rest have you covered with prayers, so I'll raise a glass to your continually improving recovery. :-D

#20 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:36 PM

Welcome home!!!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend. Of course, you are still going to remain in our prayers. So there.
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#21 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:01 PM

Glad you are getting to come home Jim!!

Hang in there - who would pull me out of the water in Cozumel on the night shore dives if you weren't there??? :-D I still have the scar to remind me of our fun!

Hope to see you soon
Known puker

#22 Narwhal

Narwhal

Director of Training

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

I thank each and every one of you for your prayers (especially your prayers) and kind thoughts. A person never really knows what others think about him (or her) until something extraordinary happens. I had some chest pains last Saturday evening--not bad pains but a tightness that lasted a long time (45 minutes)---so I decided to go to the ER and get it checked out. The ER people are kind of funny about a person who walks in off the street holding their chest, so I received immediate attention.

They checked me in, did an EKG, drew blood for an enzymes test, and generally acted as if something was wrong with me. My chest stopped hurting about 30 minutes after I got there, but they decided I required further investigation. After a CT scan (which completely normal) they decided they needed to run a series of blood-enzymes tests over a twenty-four hour period. The second test had a slightly elevated level of Tryponan but the third one went back down. The Cardiologist then decided to do a cardiac catherization and, if warrented, angioplasty and stints. I was catherized Monday but no angioplasty or stints were done. The cardiologist is trying to get me into a medical trial for VGEF (A growth factor that causes your heart to produce new arteries) and has another non-invasive procedure he wants to try

In short, I had a mild cardiac infarction which was too small to find but which did occur. I suppose there's no such thing as a "small" heart attack but mine comes close to qualifying. I then proceded to develop a mild fever (100 Deg) and they wouldn't let me leave the hospital with any kind of fever. The Docs decided it was an infection in my big toe on my right foot. (Undoubtedly Gout from eating too much rich Hospital food). I was finally cleared to leave about 7:45 yesterday evening but the staff liked me so much that they kept me around until about 10:00 PM. It will sure be nice to get in my own bed--you can hurt yourself in a hospital and you durn sure can't get any rest.

Again thank you each and every one for your concern and support and especialy for your prayers. You are my dearest of friends.

Jim
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
Thomas Jefferson
"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."
Goethe
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep, voting on what to eat for dinner; Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote."
Thomas Jefferson
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
H.L. Mencken:

#23 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:31 AM

So glad you are out and about and the prognosis looks great!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#24 AirHead

AirHead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:55 AM

Jim,

I am very glad that you are home and doing well. Take care of yourself because I want to see you out diving with the group soon.

Buz
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#25 randy54

randy54

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:59 AM

Big or little, them things are scary, Glad you're better--
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#26 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:49 AM

Jim, Glad to hear your back home safe and sound!!!!

D

#27 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:52 AM

Jim,

Glad to hear that you are home and recovering from your bout of hospital food!!! next time you have the desire for hosptial food just go eat in the cafateria...

Seriuosly get back to 100% soon!!!!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#28 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

Glad you're back home. Hospitals are where you get infections. I don't like them.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#29 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

The Docs decided it was an infection in my big toe on my right foot.

It's always the BIG toe!!! :(

Glad you're back... Among the walking yet???

Keep us posted... and let us know about the 'speariment-al' treatments... lots of us are in that "'farction" age group... :o

ITB...

:diver:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#30 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

Jim -

Glad to hear you're out of the hospital and doing better. What a scary situation. Please take good care of yourself. We want to see you at future Houston Happy Hours, dive trips, and around the board!

Katie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users