• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PNW 2nd OFFICIAL get together dive event!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 nekton

nekton

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

I just caught sight of this thread and it's too late for me to catch tomorrow's dive (I have plans tomorrow afternoon), but I would love to catch the next one (if I can be so bold as to invite myself after I just started reading the board!)

#47 LEE-Ward

LEE-Ward

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Rescue, EFR
  • Logged Dives:70ish

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

Ok maybe I'm the only non-local ding-a-ling, but I don't know how to get to Alki. Can someone point me to directions? Where should I park? Should I be concerned with limited parking? What amenities are near the site? Additional info besides that we are meeting there at 3pm would be greatly appreciated.

There is also a coldwater shower to rinse with. I've parked in the lot for quite a while before without any trouble. Look for the water taxi dock

#48 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

Ok, Todd and I will see you all tomorrow! I'll be in the white Honda CRV with Oregon plates.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#49 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 18 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

Frank its nice to know we are thinking alike. :o

DIVE PLAN FOR ALKI COVE #2 JUNE 18.

Meet at 3pm
Splash by 4
break at 5
Splash by 6

Then on to The Elliot Bay Brewery & Pub for dinner or just beers... :P

Again everyone is welcome to join us for all dives and dinner or any combination that fits into your day. The plan is to get together and have fun.

If you need my phone numbers send me a pm and I will get them to you.

I think my good dive buddy is going to meet us for at least one of the dives.
I will be bringing my topside camera. Lets hope the weather allows for a few group shots before the dive and during the surface interval. If nothing else will be able to get some at dinner.
At last count it looks like there will be at least 10 of us in attendance.
Talked with Ray aka Fin_again a few nights ago. He is excited to be coming out to dive with us.

Looks like I'll be done in time for the HH, see you there! :dance:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#50 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Well, I dunno... I was thinking there would have been a trip/diver report, but guess they're still partying..

Dive went well at Alki Cove 2. Divers:

Ray
Colleen
Becky
Lee
Todd
Nicolle
for diving

AND

The same usual suspects PLUS:
Greg
Katelin
(a welcome surprise from our great friends of the North..)

Missing?
David
Michelle...

Maybe next time??? eh??

Dove 2 dives at Alki then headed up the the Elliot Bay Brewery for
"Beer's & Cheers"...

a good time was had by all...

thanx Colleen...

Till the next time...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#51 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

Yes Frank you nailed it. I was out partying with Ray. Had to return that rental gear this morning.

I had a great time. Was good to have the GG Inn open again.

Was good to meet Annasea and Fin-Again. You both are welcome to come back to Seattle anytime.

Thanks fbp, Brinybay and LEE-Ward.. It was great seeing you all again.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#52 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:35 PM

:lmao:

I went MIA due to work SNAFU. Sometimes being a grown-up sucks. :lmao:

I'm sad to have missed out - sounds like it was big fun.
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#53 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

David,
Sorry to hear about the work issue.. Yes sometimes it is so hard to be a grown up.

You did miss 2 great dives and lots of laughs over a few beers. Hopefully next time things will work out for you to join us.

Next event? We have DBD coming out July 16 & 17th. Who wants to go diving??

#54 LEE-Ward

LEE-Ward

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Rescue, EFR
  • Logged Dives:70ish

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:59 PM

Turned out well I thought. I always enjoy diving with Colleen. and Becky
is on my list of Dive Buddies. Ray is very Cool; pardon the pun- takes a
brave man to fly here from Texas...don a wet suit... and jump in for 2
dives. Great to meet Frank as well. Not to mention Todd, Greg and Katelin.
Yes, I've saved the best for last. Those of you who have not met Nicolle are sorely lacking. Didn't get to dive with her but will remedy that some day.
As A final note My hat is off to Colleen for her accounting skills in figuring out the dinner bill without having to remove her shoes and count out the tip on her toes!
A feat few of us would have been able to muster.
I proclaim this outing a sucsess and look forward the many more.
Lee-Ward

#55 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

LEE-Ward. I never would have made it without Annasea's calculator. All those numbers where starting to get confusing. I almost pulled off the shoes. :teeth:

I almost forgot to thank Nicolle for coming up and staying with me again. I just love spending time with that gal. LEE-Ward is correct if you haven't had the chance to dive with her you are missing out on a great dive. Awesome dive buddy and a fabulous house guest. We have got to do this again soon.

Todd, it was nice to meet you and thanks for staying at The GG Inn. You are welcome back anytime.

Ray and Leigh, Thanks for helping me keep an eye on my newly certified diver Daughter. You helped keep this Mom from sucking thru her air to quickly.

Those of you that missed this one. Should really make sure you are able to get out and play with us next time. The PNW SD gang is a great bunch. Fabulous divers and just plain fun to spend time with.

#56 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

Missing?
David
Michelle...

Maybe next time??? eh??

Hey! I said it was a very light pencil and low and behold, drysuit not ready... Turned out I was really busy this weekend as well due to other activities so it was best that I didn't end up down there in the "deep south"... :teeth:

#57 Fin-again

Fin-again

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water + Nitrox - Several other Certs

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:04 AM

Turned out well I thought. I always enjoy diving with Colleen. and Becky
is on my list of Dive Buddies. Ray is very Cool; pardon the pun- takes a
brave man to fly here from Texas...don a wet suit... and jump in for 2
dives. Great to meet Frank as well. Not to mention Todd, Greg and Katelin.
Yes, I've saved the best for last. Those of you who have not met Nicolle are sorely lacking. Didn't get to dive with her but will remedy that some day.
As A final note My hat is off to Colleen for her accounting skills in figuring out the dinner bill without having to remove her shoes and count out the tip on her toes!
A feat few of us would have been able to muster.
I proclaim this outing a sucsess and look forward the many more.
Lee-Ward

Hi Gang,

I'm finally home after a great trip. My head hit the pillow at 2:30am this morning and my alarm for work went off at 5:45am, so I am a bit of a zombie today.

I just want to thank all the great divers I met from the PNW, y'all made this Texan feel mighty welcome.

Colleen - You Rock.... Thanks for opening your home to me and getting everyone together for the dive and HH it was really great. I'm glad I had the chance to see what "Cold" water diving is all about. It really wasn't all that cold. But I'm sure it was the warmth and friendliness of the PNW SD's that kept me from noticing the water temp. Meeting new friends that love to dive now that's what it's all about. :lmao:

I enjoyed the dives, the marine life, the sunny view of Seattle, the Happy Hour and best of all the great new dive buddies I made. Colleen, Frank, Leigh, Beca y'all made excellent dive buddies thanks for the tour of Alki Cove. I really enjoyed the California harbor seal flyby at the end of the second dive, which was awesome.

Was nice to meet, talk and share sometime with Nicole, Todd, and Katelin. Greg sorry we didn't get much time to talk but thanks for coming out to join in the fun.

I had a great time with y'all... :lmao: Come on down to Texas sometime and let me return the same great hospitality you showed me. :teeth:

Ray

aka Fin-again :fish:

#58 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

It was a beautiful day for diving and what a great group of people to share it with! Thanks to everyone for my first time diving Alki and thanks to Frank for being a great dive buddy again! We're making a habit out of this.

Colleen, as usual, was a fantastic host, dive event planner, bill collector :P and more. Becka, her daughter, is just as fun and I can't wait for when she makes her way down here for school! Lee, my hood's off to you for the wonerful energy you've thrown into diving. Todd was so impressed and inspired by how many dives you've logged since certifying not too long ago. I'll look forward to diving with you the next time around. Ray, you fit right in up here - we want you back! :P Wish I'd been able to stay longer Sunday morning chatting over coffee.

Greg (great to see you again - your clever humor is always welcomed) and Katelin, so glad you could join us for HH. Good luck Katelin on your training.

See you all in August or September? I can't make the dive date in July - I'm teaching Rescue Diver. Classes are also picking up as it is Summer time so I'll be mia for a while. After I left you all, I returned to Portland to teach a huge OW class! After the great weather this weekend, would y'all believe we were forced out of our outdoor pool due to lightening, thunder, and tornado warnings??? Gotta enjoy the crazy Pacific Northwest!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#59 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Looking forward to seeing the pics!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#60 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

you're such a voyeur :P
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users