• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Black leather, thigh-high boots

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

guy that shipped himself to texas...and WWW's right. she already is in FL!

#32 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:27 PM

[quote name='Coo's Toe' date='Apr 29 2004, 04:53 PM'] [quote name='mischievous' date='Apr 29 2004, 11:43 AM'] we should PM CT since he's having trouble navigating the board and ask him.
[/quote]
OK... I drank some kool-aid and discussed this "technical diving" question with my GUE instructor. After consulting with the grand poohbah at GUE headquarters, the following official rules have been handed down through the chain of command.

[quote] All electronic rabbits shall be carried under the left arm, and labeled appropriately with stickers showing MOV ( maximum operating voltage ) and owner's name or initials. Staging rabbits under both arms is unacceptable as it interferes with deployment of the long hose.[quote]

[quote] Handcuffs shall not be allowed in properly configured DIR gear, as they present an unacceptable metal to metal connection. If you must tie her up, tie her up with cave line...[quote]

And finally, on the subject of thigh-high leather boots with stiletto heels...

[quote] Dude! Who is this chick, and where did you find her??? Make her drink the kool-aid and have her and her rabbit collection ground shipped to Florida, ASAP!!! [quote] [/quote]
See? Proof positive that all you GUE guys have it backwards!!! Ship me & my stuff "to" Florida??? (Hey, 'Chie- lend me some of those Rabbits," will ya'?)
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#33 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

Damn, I knew a long time ago I should have taken that job with TSA when I had the chance.  I was all but hired....  Wonder if I could pull my uniform out of the closet and.... NEVER MIND!  Wouldn't want to get anyones hopes up  :lmao:

watch out! you know how all the women on this board love men in uniform!

Not just any uniform sweetheart... Marine Corps Dress Blues! And yes, I still fit into them just like the day I had them issued to me :hiya:

Grrr & Hoo-rah ( from my daughter & SIL) :D
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#34 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:54 AM

Damn, I knew a long time ago I should have taken that job with TSA when I had the chance.  I was all but hired....  Wonder if I could pull my uniform out of the closet and.... NEVER MIND!  Wouldn't want to get anyones hopes up  :diver:

watch out! you know how all the women on this board love men in uniform!

Hey, I have my Navy uniforms with the submarine pins! Yeah.... that's the ticket!

Hey CT, your grand poobah meant to ship himself to the woman's house and deliver the koolaid in person right. After all, they need to demonstrate the free-flowing regulator too and do the S-drills for that, right (by the way, that would involve deployment of the long hose)?
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#35 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:48 PM

Marvel and a riding crop? Sounds like another name for a whip!

#36 happy2dive

happy2dive

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:00 AM

Black thigh-high boots, whips, corsets, rabbits? ok and men in uniforms and long hoses... I thought the common interest here was diving…is the diving bit just a clever front for something more interesting? You should all come over to Amsterdam. There are plenty of dungeons and kinky-leather parties here in the famous red-light district. Unfortunately, the customs at Schiphol airport are probably so used to this paraphernalia that they wouldn't grant you the pleasure of a private interrogation.
Can I join in if I wear my long black leather 'matrix' coat and my black leather lace-up boots? :fish2:

#37 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

Can I join in if I wear my long black leather 'matrix' coat and my black leather lace-up boots?

Just wear the china dress. That's hot! (sorry guys, you'll have to wait for round 2)
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#38 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:45 AM

You should all come over to Amsterdam. There are plenty of dungeons and kinky-leather parties here in the famous red-light district.

H2D,

Yeah, my niece visited there and she brought back a brochure from the Museum of Torture! I couldn't believe some of the devices they had there. Scary stuff!

On the other hand, there were other buildings that were beautiful - the architecture was simply breathtaking. She wants to go back next year.

Welcome to our group!
Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#39 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

I couldn't believe some of the devices they had there. Scary stuff!

Somewhat ironic............
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#40 happy2dive

happy2dive

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

You should all come over to Amsterdam. There are plenty of dungeons and kinky-leather parties here in the famous red-light district.

H2D,

Yeah, my niece visited there and she brought back a brochure from the Museum of Torture! I couldn't believe some of the devices they had there. Scary stuff!

On the other hand, there were other buildings that were beautiful - the architecture was simply breathtaking. She wants to go back next year.

Welcome to our group!
Laura

Uh...yes...one of our more notorious R-rated tourist attractions indeed. I've never been inside. There's also a tourist trap called the sex museum.... and of course there are the Rembrandts, Van Goghs and Vermeers and picturesque buildings and canals (don't go diving in them you'll catch an interesting collection of diseases).

Word of advice: make sure your niece knows what she is doing if she gets tempted to experiment with what we call 'soft drugs'. It's a part of life here and it's everywhere...having said that I do not personally know any heavy daily users...so I think usage is concentrated among certain sectors of the population. Most friends who take the occasional drug save it for parties. Note, I don't want to start a discussion of whether this is right or wrong. Only given the liberal culture here, it's a fact of life that tourists may be tempted due to the availability of substances. There are a lot of coffee shops (read cannabis shops) and so called smart drug shops....all legal businesses, selling their wares openly, paying their taxes etc. For starters, the home-grown weed is an extremely strong variety. Non-Dutch users who are not used to smoking this should be cautious and ask the shop owner for a mild variety. And practice extra caution when it comes to space cakes...you don't know how much it contains and since the effect hits you later, you could have eaten too much of that yummy cookie/brownie by the time you find out how much you have in your system. On occasion, I've seen tourists stoned out their heads...too stoned to find their way back to the hotel...too stoned to care if someone robbed them...one fell into a canal and I had to call the ambulance while two locals on hand at the scene helped her out. As for the smart drugs, watch out for hallucinogenic mushrooms (called paddos here). I've known friends who had good trips but also one who has suffered a very bad trip. She ended up wandering out of her house and to the local train station and back dressed only in her knickers. It was a miracle she wasn't raped. And watch out for E (ecstasy) that circulates at some parties/clubs....I never came across it personally...don't get out often enough or don't get any offered since friends no I'm not a user. Locals who know their way around only use E from reputable sources whatever or whoever that maybe. One acquaintance of mine had a rough night after someone slipped E into his drink as a joke. Since that incident, if I go out which is rare due to my asthma and the venues are choked with smoke, I keep a close eye on my drink and order a fresh one if I’ve been out on the dancefloor.

I can feel other members just making a mental note, blacklisting me as a drug fiend...no believe it or not...I don't do any of this stuff despite 14 years of living in this town. But I did cover the scene once as journalist for a Japanese magazine hence I've talked to a lot of people, both users and business owners.
What I'm stating above was also the warning with which I closed my article. The last thing I wanted was a horde of Japanese youngsters experiencing the worst of Amsterdam.

#41 happy2dive

happy2dive

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:57 AM

Can I join in if I wear my long black leather 'matrix' coat and my black leather lace-up boots?

Just wear the china dress. That's hot! (sorry guys, you'll have to wait for round 2)

Well here you are Walter...since you asked. That's me, ready for an innocent night of dancing with some girlfriends at a local club a few years back. You should see what I wear to the dungeons :banghead: Pity I don't have that outfit for wild nights out anymore....only the coat and the boots. And I'll have to wear a wig since I've chopped all that hair off. I can't believe it was that long looking back at this picture. I guess I prefer the china dress... What do you think?
Posted Image
Hmm...definitely a one-off special occasion thing...I'm usually just wearing jeans or a conservative business suit outfit depending on whether I'm playing the manager /journalist or programming role.
If mischievous and marvel would fly over here with their thigh-high boots, we can all go out together :banghead:

Edited by happy2dive, 20 May 2004 - 10:41 AM.

#42 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:27 AM

H2D,

Thanks for the word to the wise about visiting Amsterdan. My niece had her boyfriend with her, so she was pretty safe. They did tell me they...uh..."drank coffee" at the cafe's, but they didnt get all crazy or anything. She also said her head was fuzzy for a week after she got back!

Just for the record, I also "just say no" to drugs...I've already sowed my wild oats back in college years ago. One can still have plenty of fun without them. Not to mention, I want a clear head for diving.

See ya,
Laura

#43 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:28 AM

I couldn't believe some of the devices they had there. Scary stuff!

Somewhat ironic............

:welcome:

VERY Ironic! :mauswhip:

#44 happy2dive

happy2dive

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:46 AM

They did tell me they...uh..."drank coffee" at the cafe's, but they didnt get all crazy or anything. She also said her head was fuzzy for a week after she got back!

Just for the record, I also "just say no" to drugs...Not to mention, I want a clear head for diving.

See ya,
Laura

They did tell me they...uh..."drank coffee" at the cafe's, but they didnt get all crazy or anything. She also said her head was fuzzy for a week after she got back!

Hmmm the 'coffeeshops' also serve coffee and non-alcoholic beverages. Funny thing is, Dutch regulations draw a line when it comes to selling alcohol and drugs on the same premises. Of course one could still light up a joint and walk next door to a regular cafe to get a beer so the rule is superficial. 10 years ago, I had my first and last space brownie baked by a colleague. I like brownies and ate too much since I didn't feel any immediate effect. I regretted it for a week.

Just for the record, I also "just say no" to drugs...Not to mention, I want a clear head for diving.

Clear head for diving and in my case for writing and programming. Luckily I don't have any mission-critical applications to take care of but still, can you imagine what might happen if I programmed under the influence. A lot of my friends and ex partners are programmers and hence also non-users. Why would we want to risk messing with our brains?

#45 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

Black thigh-high boots, whips, corsets, rabbits? ok and men in uniforms and long hoses... I thought the common interest here was diving…is the diving bit just a clever front for something more interesting?

It's just one of them, H2D. Don't forget the "Single" part of our name. And from the looks of that outfit, you fit right in!! Except you seem to have misplaced your whip... or maybe since it's a Matrix look, you should be sporting something more substantial.

Rabbits, lots of rabbits.*

:welcome:

*credit to chie for that bizarre image.
coppermaus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users