• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hi y'all from Nashville

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:34 PM

WW- I hope you PM anyone who goes beyond what you consider acceptable here. I think we all get into a feeding frenzy with stuff being tossed around like crazy.

Time to head downtown (it's a Friday night on an isolated island) and hydrate myself for tomorrow's dives (yep, I just drink pure filtered water... reminds me of "Dr. Strangelove." Hmmm... that could be my new moniker [and I don't mean Lewinsky])!

Have a great weekend folks.

Dr. B.

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:51 PM

WW- I hope you PM anyone who goes beyond what you consider acceptable here. I think we all get into a feeding frenzy with stuff being tossed around like crazy.

Time to head downtown (it's a Friday night on an isolated island) and hydrate myself for tomorrow's dives (yep, I just drink pure filtered water... reminds me of "Dr. Strangelove." Hmmm... that could be my new moniker [and I don't mean Lewinsky])!

Have a great weekend folks.

Dr. B.

Don't worry Dr. B....I would and I will....have a great weekend!!! Keep pumping the H20...and have a great dive(s)!!! Wish I was getting wet...of course I could just walk outside and get drenched...bad storms here!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:02 PM

DiveScoop- who are you kidding? They're worse than we are! And they gang up on us, too.

Dr. B.

OK. I get your point. Some things never change - like the women being in control. Do we poor diving gents have a chance?

Scoop
Dive Scoop

#64 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 May 2004 - 03:25 AM

DiveScoop- who are you kidding? They're worse than we are! And they gang up on us, too.

Dr. B.

OK. I get your point. Some things never change - like the women being in control. Do we poor diving gents have a chance?

Scoop

Nope. :cool1:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#65 Jro

Jro

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Does the bathtub count?

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:15 PM

(I'm a Yankee, but I can use y'all now since I live here, right?)

You most certainly can!!!

I moved away from the South (if you don't capitalize it, some take offense) back to new england (no one seems to care one way or the other) in '93 and I still say it.

Welcome aboard, although I think I may be newer here than you.:teeth:

BTW do you know the difference between a Yankee (If you don't capitalize this, the Southerners think we're sissies) and a Damn Yankee?

Jeff

#66 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

i'll bite...what's the diff?

#67 Jro

Jro

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Does the bathtub count?

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:25 PM

A Yankee visits...

A Damn Yankee stays!

#68 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:27 PM

Chie,

It's very obvious, darlin', you ain't from Florida. Everyone here knows that one.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#69 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

i guess it shows that i'm not a true texan either 'cause then i'd have remembered it from all the "damn yankees" during our reconstruction that made us have the 2nd longest state constitution behind alabama.

#70 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:50 PM

We tossed out our reconstruction constitution and adopted one that suits us. You should do the same. Reconstruction was evil in so many ways.

DSSW,

WWW™

#71 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:01 PM

There are some that say Catalina was never part of the US. Some in Mexico still claim it under the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. They say the Yankees stole the rest of the State, but not the islands.

So while you folks were fighting over different economic models we were debating whether to speak Spanish or Americanese. What constitution? We have Arnold- don't need no constitution because he wouldn't follow it anyway.

No idea what all this has to do with welcoming our most welcome scientist. Come to think of it, have we heard anything from her in response? Perhaps she got scared away.

Dr. B.

Edited by drbill, 01 May 2004 - 08:02 PM.

#72 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

There are some that say Catalina was never part of the US. Some in Mexico still claim it under the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. They say the Yankees stole the rest of the State, but not the islands.

The boundary line between the two Republics shall commence in the Gulf of Mexico, three leagues from land, opposite the mouth of the Rio Grande, otherwise called Rio Bravo del Norte, or Opposite the mouth of its deepest branch, if it should have more than one branch emptying directly into the sea; from thence up the middle of that river, following the deepest channel, where it has more than one, to the point where it strikes the southern boundary of New Mexico; thence, westwardly, along the whole southern boundary of New Mexico (which runs north of the town called Paso) to its western termination; thence, northward, along the western line of New Mexico, until it intersects the first branch of the river Gila; (or if it should not intersect any branch of that river, then to the point on the said line nearest to such branch, and thence in a direct line to the same); thence down the middle of the said branch and of the said river, until it empties into the Rio Colorado; thence across the Rio Colorado, following the division line between Upper and Lower California, to the Pacific Ocean.

While the treaty doesn't specifically mention the islands, it's a very weak argument. Rather than specify what areas Mexico cedes to the US, the treaty explains where the boundry will be upon ratification.

DSSW,

WWW™

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 09:10 PM

A Yankee visits...

A Damn Yankee stays!

Good one!!! :angel2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#74 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:06 PM

No idea what all this has to do with welcoming our most welcome scientist. Come to think of it, have we heard anything from her in response? Perhaps she got scared away.

Hardly! You'll just have to be patient with me...I'm around but I'm not the 'talkative' type just for the sake of talking....

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,715 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:25 PM

Hardly! You'll just have to be patient with me...I'm around but I'm not the 'talkative' type just for the sake of talking....

Don't worry...you can talk as little or as you'll find in this group...as MUCH as you like!!! And everyone will prefer the latter myself included but as my mother always says...."We just won't let our wants hurt us!"

I'm just thrilled you have joined our board...and I know as a PhD candidate you have 10x more work then some of us combined!

Besides...we'll all be diving soon and that's the best part and since I have two last minute openings on my Memorial Day trip...perhaps you and I and someone else lucky...will get to dive together sooner vs. later!!! :cool2:

-ww

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users