• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What’s the last thing you read?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#91 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:51 PM

I googled Italian Fairytales and couldn't really find anything. Did you mean Italian Folktales perhaps? :birthday:

As I have fairytales by the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen, this might be a nice addition to them. (According to the Barnes and Noble website, the New York Times placed this book on its "best of" list when it originally was published. :birthday:) Would you highly recommend this book, or just moderately?

Good catch! Yes, it is, in fact, Italian Folk Tales! Thanks...see what happens when I type without drinking!

As far as my rating of it...I'd put it at about a 7. I bought it hoping that Calvino would embellish the stories quite a bit more but that was my fault. I will have to re-read them when Cosmicomics is not fresh in my mind...

I have not read the translation of the Divine Comedy by Sinclair. Mine is translated by Laurence Binyon and it is a very difficult read, initially, but I am getting more into the language as the pages go by.
A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users