• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Silly mask question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:30 AM

It's not always a new mask problem either, yesterday the only way I could keep mine clear was to leave some water in it and slosh it around. Once the gear drys and that may take awhile with todays 100% humidity I'll scrub it out again.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

It's not always a new mask problem either, yesterday the only way I could keep mine clear was to leave some water in it and slosh it around. Once the gear drys and that may take awhile with todays 100% humidity I'll scrub it out again.

You bring up a GREAT point....when a mask continues to fog underwater, simply let a small amount of water leak in and sit at the bottom of the mask. When it fogs...drop your head 90 degrees and swirl it around...viola...no more fog! That is until it happens again but at least you have a simple way of fixing it until the other options described in this thread work properly!

Good one LA!!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:32 AM

Well ummm.... whatever happend to good ol fashion spit? lol

That's ok for masks that are already broken in. You must have some very abrasive spit for it to be able to scrub a new mask. I have lots that I still use for defogging masks already scrubbed of their newness. I'll resist the obvious jokes about swapping spit.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#19 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

I, like Walter, also use baby shampoo. I always keep a bottle of it in my dive bag to use just before going in. It does wonders! Amazing how many divers suddenly snuggle up next to you on a dive boat to use it when you have it!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:52 PM

I, like Walter, also use baby shampoo. I always keep a bottle of it in my dive bag to use just before going in. It does wonders! Amazing how many divers suddenly snuggle up next to you on a dive boat to use it when you have it!

Hmm....I did not see anyone snuggling up to Walter on the FG trip...unless you count Gar but even then I don't think you could call that a 'snuggle'! :hiya: Must be more to it than just baby shampoo! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:56 PM

I, like Walter, also use baby shampoo.  I always keep a bottle of it in my dive bag to use just before going in.  It does wonders!  Amazing how many divers suddenly snuggle up next to you on a dive boat to use it when you have it!

Hmm....I did not see anyone snuggling up to Walter on the FG trip...unless you count Gar but even then I don't think you could call that a 'snuggle'! :hiya: Must be more to it than just baby shampoo! :welcome:

Yeah, but the boat had a 'SuperSecret' mask defogger...so Gar didn't need to snuggle up to Walter afterall!

#22 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

Well I use L'oreal for kids because I'm worth it but I think the only diver who snuggled up to me was B2B, not the result I was looking for!
Actually I think he was looking for air.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#23 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:44 PM

She's right, Michelle, it ain't the baby shampoo. We'll both have baby shampoo in Grenada, we'll see who gets the snuggles (heck, I know who I'd snuggle up to even without the baby shampoo).
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#24 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:08 PM

Must be more to it than just baby shampoo! :welcome:

A pretty face helps...
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#25 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:48 AM

LA

Well I use L'oreal for kids because I'm worth it but I think the only diver who snuggled up to me was B2B, not the result I was looking for!
Actually I think he was looking for air

Ray I had no idea it was L'oreal for kids..I was thinking it was channel#5 or High Karate :welcome:

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#26 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:13 PM

Happiness! I tried some of the tips ya'll gave me and what would you know, my mask did not fog today! Thank you so much!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#27 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:45 PM