• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NoVA/DC/MD Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Seawitch

Seawitch

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

Hi Mike,

I'll have a few drinks for you, but we'll save the shots for you-know-who, :birthday:

Sorry you can't make it. See ya' on the next one.

Volky

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#17 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hey guys! Have a blast. Pictures please! :lmao:
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:23 PM

Ok one more reason to come to the Happy Hour...

Our little Ms Volky has a VERY special offer for anyone wanting to drive from NOVA to keep Ms. Wreck Goddess company on her dives this weekend in MoreHead City with the rest of the SD gang including moi!

Sorry don't pm Volky to ask what it is as I have not shared it with her! But it will be worth coming to the Happy Hour for!

AND...it does involve diving...and it does involve keeping my baby sis-tuh Wreck Goddess company so she does not have to drive to Morehead City this weekend alone!!!

Stay tuned for more details....BUT ONLY AT THE HAPPY HOUR TONIGHT!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

Our little Ms Volky has a VERY special offer for anyone wanting to drive from NOVA to keep Ms. Wreck Goddess company on her dives this weekend in MoreHead City with the rest of the SD gang including moi!

Sorry don't pm Volky to ask what it is as I have not shared it with her! But it will be worth coming to the Happy Hour for!

AND...it does involve diving...and it does involve keeping my baby sis-tuh Wreck Goddess company so she does not have to drive to Morehead City this weekend alone!!!

Tempting..tempting....

#20 Warthog

Warthog

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox, & Night

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

Awe hell...I'm leaving shortly (as it'll probably take me two hours to get there).

Who can resist an offer from WW and Volky :teeth:

-Matt, aka Warthog

#21 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:53 PM

I can't wait to get outta here.....I SOOOOOO need a drink!!! :teeth:

#22 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

I can't wait to get outta here.....I SOOOOOO need a drink!!! :cheerleader:

I hear you. It's has to be Margarita time somewhere... :teeth:

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#23 Warthog

Warthog

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox, & Night

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Well THAT was an interesting trip home :dance:

I drove down to the East Falls Church Metro Stop because it's just off I-66 and the Greenway (Dulles Toll Road), which connects in to Rt. 7, which connects in to Rt. 9, which connects...well you get the idea.

I naturally rode the metro back to my truck, hopped in and pulled out a $20 to pay the parking fee. The attendant was happy to tell me the only way to get out of the parking lot was to go back in to the station and get a SmartPass.

So, exceptionally mello for some reason (and no I didn't drink), I wondered back in to the station with my two MasterCards, Visa, Discover card, and $40 in cash feeling pretty confident I could handle buying a SmartPass.

Much to my surprise, the machine only took $10 bills or less (and no CC's). :welcome: So now I have a problem as I'm in a basically residential area at 11 PM, and no wheels. Eventually I worked out a deal with another person in the lot to pay them the parking fee and use their SmartPass…and I’m outa there….

…until I got about halfway home on Rt. 9….which is doing night paving at the moment :teeth: :dance: So even at midnight traffic was all backed up. However, I eventually made it home and am now ‘off-gassing’ the caffeine from the soda I bought to keep me awake for the drive home.

Official travel time: 3 hours 7 minutes. Which is actually not bad all things considered.

Fun, fun…and no I’m not a Tech Diver!! :lmao:

-Matt aka Warthog

#24 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:13 AM

And the winner of this special offer was?
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#25 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:31 AM

Hi everybody,

Even though I left early I had a fantastic time and it was great to meet everybody in person and to run into my “old’ dive-roommate John again. :birthday:

Well, Don is on his way from NY to pick me up. I cannot wait to get on the road to Morehead. :birthday: and get wet again.

Matt, that was the reason I left early. I was worried not to be able to leave the parking lot. The SmarTrip machines were down when I left Vienna and the Crystal City station does not have any of these machines.

See you all at the next HH ... and Vanessa, see you on Saturday.

Doris

#26 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

Any pics??? Stories??? :birthday:

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#27 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

Any pics???  Stories???  :birthday:

It was a much more 'tame' night....

However - I DO have the perfect place for the NEXT HH!!! Have y'all ever been to Cantina Marina on the DC waterfront?? http://www.cantinamarina.com/index.cfm

Chris and I had a drink there after leaving CCSP - OMG! It was a *perfect* setting!!! The bar is right on the dock. The closest I could come to feeling like I was in FL ....

#28 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

Well, I do recall hearing an offer to dance on the table for Matt's long trip in... :clapping:

However - I DO have the perfect place for the NEXT HH!!!  Have y'all ever been to Cantina Marina  on the DC waterfront??  http://www.cantinamarina.com/index.cfm

Chris and I had a drink there after leaving CCSP - OMG!  It was a *perfect* setting!!!  The bar is right on the dock.  The closest I could come to feeling like I was in FL ....

looks neat, and very similar to the docks are in Old Town Alexandria, but the Cantina is probably more accessible to the group.
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#29 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:50 AM

Well, I do recall hearing an offer to dance on the table for Matt's long trip in... :dance:

Let's not forget about Chris B. alleged detour to the strip joint, :clapping:

Matt (the tekie, :clapping: ), sorry to hear about your trip back home. It was very nice to finally meet you. Thank you for coming all the way to VA to join us. Very cool :clapping: I hope you join us in future events.

Jen, thanks for the suggestion. The place looks great. We'll have to keep this in mind for the next one. Hopefully I'll be ready to share the bubbly next time.

I had a great time y'all. I can't wait to get well so I can :diver: with you guys. For those going to NC this weekend, I know you will have a blast. Dive safe and bring lots of pics and stories to the next HH.

Volky

Edited by Seawitch, 04 August 2005 - 03:05 PM.

#30 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

Hey guys, I've gotten some comments about tequila and dancing on the table...hmmm...don't believe everything you hear!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

Hermann Hesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users