• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Drum Roll Please...

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:18 PM

I haven't worn a speedo in decades.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#32 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

Thank God! Quite frankly, IMO, they ought to be banned except in competive swimming!

#33 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:21 PM

I haven't worn a speedo in decades.

Damn! My loss! :iagree:

#34 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:27 PM

*As many* undergarments?! :iagree: Just how many layers are we talking here?! This drysuit business is starting to sound less and less appealing with each post! :iagree:

Trust me, it beats the alternative of freezing to death in a 7mm wetsuit which is bulky in its own right! Also keep in mind that once you are in the water, bulk is not nearly the same factor that it is on the surface. That heavy tank and everything else become weightless when down there.

The "list" price difference between the trilam and the suit I got is listed as only around $200 USD so it is not a huge difference...

#35 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

*As many* undergarments?! :iagree: Just how many layers are we talking here?! This drysuit business is starting to sound less and less appealing with each post! :-D

Trust me, it beats the alternative of freezing to death in a 7mm wetsuit which is bulky in its own right! Also keep in mind that once you are in the water, bulk is not nearly the same factor that it is on the surface. That heavy tank and everything else become weightless when down there.

The "list" price difference between the trilam and the suit I got is listed as only around $200 USD so it is not a huge difference...

I seeeeeee ... so I'm gathering that it's not necessarily the drysuit itself that is warm, but the layers underneath it. Would this be a safe assumption to make? :iagree:

Thx for the price difference info! I'm not quite looking at drysuits yet, but I shall file it away nonetheless. :iagree:

#36 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:48 PM

You are correct. A dry suit with no underwear is cold.

DSSW,

WWW™

#37 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

*As many* undergarments?! :iagree: Just how many layers are we talking here?! This drysuit business is starting to sound less and less appealing with each post! :iagree:

I like the price aspect of neophrene compared to trilam ... is it that significant a savings?

As for *drag* ... <snip> I'm not too concerned about it based on other people's comments.

And yes, once again, please keep us posted! I'm most anxious to read about how the now legendary drysuit performs!

A decent set of undergarments that effectively keep you warm don't have to be bulky and heavy, so don't fret! I curerntly dive a DUI TLS350, which is a trilam. It dries quickly, is lighweight, and packs small. As an instructor these are all great things, but Janna - my instructor co-hort, swears by her Bare neoprene suit, so it all depends on personal opinion. Under my suit I wear Weezle Undergarments, which are like a lightweight downy sleeping bag jumpsuit. They pack into a small bag about the size of a small traveler's pillow. So there are a lot of options out there that will keep a drysuit diver warm that are not heavy and inconvenient.

CMT489, CONGRATS!!!!! Sounds like Colleen and I will have to put our calendars together and plan a dive weekend with you, happy hours included! :iagree:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#38 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:57 PM

CMT489, CONGRATS!!!!! Sounds like Colleen and I will have to put our calendars together and plan a dive weekend with you, happy hours included! :iagree:

Yes, we definitely will have to!!! I'm soooooooo excited!

#39 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:35 PM

I am so ready for this.. Just need to figure out when.

If we dive Seattle the GIS Inn is open for business.

Dive, HH, and a sleepover... I think this is about as good as it gets.

Ladies.. lets get talking.. get out those daytimers and get this thing planned.
I am sure my daughter will clear her schedule and dive with us. So that makes this a party of 4 already.

Might even be able to convince our other Canadian ( non diver) buddy to come down.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#40 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

I think so. Count me in. LOL!

DSSW,

WWW™

#41 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:30 PM

I am sure my daughter will clear her schedule and dive with us. So that makes this a party of 4 already.

Yes, let's plan this. And, Colleen you're daughter is so much fun - great addition and now that I know what wetsuit works for her, I can pack the right size next time!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#42 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

I think so. Count me in. LOL!

Panties and a pillow fight....

Yeah right!! More like sweat pants, evil hair and don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee!

#43 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

I am sure my daughter will clear her schedule and dive with us.  So that makes this a party of 4 already. 

Yes, let's plan this. And, Colleen you're daughter is so much fun - great addition and now that I know what wetsuit works for her, I can pack the right size next time!

Okay - I am gone for Grenada but other than that, I can pretty much swing things to GO DIVING!!! :lmao: :fish2:

#44 Coquidiver

Coquidiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

CMT489, go with the "thinsulate" undergarments as they maintain their thermal qualities if they get wet, in the event the suit floods. Mundo

#45 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

More like sweat pants, evil hair and don't talk to me until I've had my morning coffee!

Quit teasing!!!! I think it is cold shower time!!! :evilgrin:

Which end is up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users