• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Drum Roll Please...

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:15 AM

:cool2: :) :cool1: :P :diver:

Terrific news, Michelle!!!

Where are you planning on taking your drysuit course? The Diving Locker?

#17 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

:cool2: Well it is about time that thing finally shows up!!

Congratulations!!

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#18 Maria

Maria

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:10 AM

Michelle, congratulations on the arrival of your suit. I can't imagine diving with a dry suit on! I just got my first 7mm and I'm dreading diving with it! (I hate cold water...)
:cool2:
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#19 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:12 AM

Maria, once you master the techniques, diving with a dry suit isn't bad. It really does keep you warm (except when it leaks).
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#20 Maria

Maria

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:01 AM

Maria, once you master the techniques, diving with a dry suit isn't bad.  It really does keep you warm (except when it leaks).

You've been a witness of how cold I get... :o
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#21 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

I think we need to see pictures and get an idea of how thick it is. First a picture of you in the buff. Then a second picture in the dry suit undies. Finally a picture of you with the dry suit on over the undies. :o

I still find it amazing how great minds think alike.

Advise, never break the neck seal to vent air. It's a chilling experience.

:lmao:

#22 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:08 AM

Maria, a dry suit (with the right underwear) will keep you much warmer than any wet suit.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#23 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:08 AM

:o :diver: :cool1: :clapping: :lmao:

Terrific news, Michelle!!!

Where are you planning on taking your drysuit course? The Diving Locker?

I will be and likely in the next week or so. I bought the suit through them as well. Unfortuanatley, they do not deal with other manufacturers as I would have cancelled this order and ordered another suit if they did. They are a great LDS and the delay had nothing to do with them. In fact, when the manufacturer had lost my measurements, they actually came to my home in the morning to measure me again so that I did not have to go out of my way to the shop! Their service is wonderful!

#24 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

Maria, a dry suit (with the right underwear) will keep you much warmer than any wet suit.

This is exactly why I am getting a drysuit Maria! It is MUCH warmer to dive dry than in a 7 mm in cold water. In a 7mm I turned blue here. Heck, I dove a 5mm in Roatan!

Given that I have a dry glove system and the works, I fully expect to remain toasty warm here now!

#25 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:19 AM

What make/model did you get?
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#26 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

Because I was so ticked I had not posted this to date...

It is a Canadian company that makes very ogod drysuits but has crappy customer service (to say the least!)

It is a Bare CD4 which is a compressed nephrene which is warmer from what I understand. I also opted for the dryglove system.

They currently do not have a trilam model for women available in North America. In any event, all accounts from people who dive with these suits is that they are great, they just don't seem to be able to get their act together with customer service.

Reports to follow!

#27 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:46 AM

Because I was so ticked I had not posted this to date...

It is a Canadian company that makes very ogod drysuits but has crappy customer service (to say the least!)

It is a Bare CD4 which is a compressed nephrene which is warmer from what I understand. I also opted for the dryglove system.

They currently do not have a trilam model for women available in North America. In any event, all accounts from people who dive with these suits is that they are great, they just don't seem to be able to get their act together with customer service.

Reports to follow!

Wish you the best in your quest! Hey... that rymes! Hope things work out for ya!

Which end is up?

#28 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:55 AM

It is a Bare CD4 which is a compressed nephrene which is warmer from what I understand.  I also opted for the dryglove system.

Reports to follow!

:iagree: Oh my! *Warmer* than what? I just (wrongly) assumed that once you're in a drysuit, you're good to go! Is this not so? :iagree: Please advise.

Also, please DO keep us posted once you'ver tried the suit out, Michelle.

I tend to be *cold* much more than *hot* throughout my daily life, so I'm reckoning if there's a range of the warmth that drysuits provide, I'm going to be on the toasty side of the scale.

(Jeepers! If this Bare CD4 is at the top of the heap, and their customer service is far from snappy, AND I'm still in swimming lessons, I'd best order my suit now in order to have it by the time I AM certified! :iagree:)

#29 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:01 PM

My understanding is that neophrene is warmer than Trilam but really all this means is that you do not have to wear as many undergarmets. Once you are into a drysuit you should be happy bubbling away under water around here. The other bonus is that neophrene is slightly cheaper than trilam as well. Of course, it is also bulkier and can cause some drag (again, what I have been told! :iagree: ) I will let you know!

M

#30 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:12 PM

My understanding is that neophrene is warmer than Trilam but really all this means is that you do not have to wear as many undergarmets.  Once you are into a drysuit you should be happy bubbling away under water around here.  The other bonus is that neophrene is slightly cheaper than trilam as well.  Of course, it is also bulkier and can cause some drag (again, what I have been told!  :iagree: )  I will let you know!

M

*As many* undergarments?! :iagree: Just how many layers are we talking here?! This drysuit business is starting to sound less and less appealing with each post! :-D

I like the price aspect of neophrene compared to trilam ... is it that significant a savings?

As for *drag* ... we wrote a bit about this in the Wetsuits vs. Drysuits thread, I believe, so as long as I won't be in my drysuit racing Walter in his Speedo (:iagree:), I'm not too concerned about it based on other people's comments.

And yes, once again, please keep us posted! I'm most anxious to read about how the now legendary drysuit performs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users