• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#16 DivingDolly

DivingDolly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, DivCon in training
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:02 AM

I've been waiting for this trip :cheerleader: . Kamala, add me to the list. I've been checking into airfares from NY and WOW! My best deal so far is Continental leaving 12/31 at 10:00am from Newark getting into Cozumel at 1:15 direct and returning 12/7 at 2:00pm from Cozumel and getting into Newark at 6:40pm direct for a total price of $651.58. I can't seem to see much else without multiple connections and still costing equal or more. Kamala, if you can find anything better let me know ASAP or I'll book what I have.

So I'll get there on the 31st of December and leave on the 7th January.

#17 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:51 PM

Deposit's in the 'fuzzy cloud' of the Internet via PayPal. Let's get wet!

If your charter flight is just Fri-Fri, I'll go with that, else the air cost more than doubles from Phoenix. I'm guessing they have an ATM somewhere in Coz that'll take my debit card? I gave up on Traveller's Checks in the Caribbean (not much point, too much pain).

Now to start the hunt of airlines PHX > DFW that gets me in before 6AM. Joy....
I think both AA and AmWest have red-eyes. I'm sure *I'll* have red-eyes. :wakawaka:

I play the camera by ear on *every* dive,'cos bottom conditions vary everywhere. I haven't had good enough vis in >2 years to use the wide-angle, so I've been playing with macro (I like the extreme close-ups the best). In San Diego, I never took the camera down after the first dive, and the 8' vis was the nicest of that trip. It dropped to 3' on the night dive (yuuccchhhh). Even the muddy lakes here are better than that. Plain bad luck that they had a series of storms in the days before.

(BTW, I'm not a photographer. It just gives me an excuse to go slow and see the scenery... up close.)

#18 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 22 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

I think I want to join this trip. I'm sort of out of vacation :teeth: so I'll have to figure out what I can and can't do. Should I just look for airfare from Louisville or do you have charter info for a shorter stay (probably 4 days there 3 days of diving).

thx!

mandi

#19 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

I think I want to join this trip. I'm sort of out of vacation :teeth: so I'll have to figure out what I can and can't do. Should I just look for airfare from Louisville or do you have charter info for a shorter stay (probably 4 days there 3 days of diving).

thx!

mandi

Oh, I hope you can!!! My problem is I have enough vacation time, but have a hard time getting off work. My plan is to take Continental (right now it's $383) out of Houston on Friday the 30th, dive on the 31st, dry out on the 1st (as in, get back on the wagon), then dive on the 2nd and 3rd. I'm not sure if my boss will let me be gone much longer than that. Let me know what you find and can do.
Phyllis

#20 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

I would love to go on this trip. Just don't think I can make it so soon after Fiji, Fiji, Fiji ($$ or time wise). I'm hoping the same trip will be on the schedule for 06/07.
"

#21 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

I have the same issue as AliKat. Lack of $$ and time off. I'm saving mine $$ in 06 for NC in July!!!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:49 PM

I would love to go on this trip. Just don't think I can make it so soon after Fiji, Fiji, Fiji ($$ or time wise). I'm hoping the same trip will be on the schedule for 06/07.

If it is a hit...I'm sure it will be!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#23 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

I would love to go on this trip.  Just don't think I can make it so soon after Fiji, Fiji, Fiji ($$ or time wise).  I'm hoping the same trip will be on the schedule for 06/07.

If it is a hit...I'm sure it will be!

Isn't Cozy always a hit? Guess I'll start planning for next year now :teeth:

After Belize that is!
"

#24 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:22 AM

I think I want to join this trip.  I'm sort of out of vacation :lmao:  so I'll have to figure out what I can and can't do.  Should I just look for airfare from Louisville or do you have charter info for a shorter stay (probably 4 days there 3 days of diving).

thx!

mandi

Oh, I hope you can!!! My problem is I have enough vacation time, but have a hard time getting off work. My plan is to take Continental (right now it's $383) out of Houston on Friday the 30th, dive on the 31st, dry out on the 1st (as in, get back on the wagon), then dive on the 2nd and 3rd. I'm not sure if my boss will let me be gone much longer than that. Let me know what you find and can do.

I will certainly let you know which days, but I be they are exactly those days. I might have to leave a little earlier than the 4th though. I will post as soon as I figure it out. I'd love to dive with you again! You are a GREAT buddy. BTW - I'm finishing rescue this weekend then I should have Master Diver. :D Studying for diving is WAY more fun than finance :lmao:

mandi

Edited by landlocked, 23 August 2005 - 08:22 AM.

#25 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:21 AM

Is it me or should it be 7 days/5 nights or 4 days/3 nights etc.etc.? This one looks good to me. A little short notice :D (kidding of course) but I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I will! Also could you see about getting the pilot to stop off at Austin Bergstrom and pick me up? I would certainly appreciate it dear!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#26 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:25 AM

7 nights/5 days Diving/All Inclusive/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $1225 diver d/o $925 non-diver d/o
4 nights/3 days Diving/ All Inclusive/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $860 diver d/o $685 non-diver d/o
7nights/5 days Diving/ All Inclusive/Airfare DFW-CZM (Fri to Fri Only) /Taxes*: $1425 diver d/o $1125 non-diver d/o
4nights/3 days Diving/ All Inclusive/Airfare DFW-CZM  (Fri or Mon Only)/Taxes*: $TBD diver d/o $TBD non-diver d/o (Monday to Friday only)
3nights/2 days Diving/ All Inclusive/Airfare DFW-CZM  (Fri to Mon Only)/Taxes*: $TBD diver d/o $TBD non-diver d/o (Friday to Monday only)

OOOOPS! It is # days diving isn't it? Maybe I'm confused. Well of course I am. I usually are......I fear I need explaining to, but what's new.....

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#27 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:26 AM

Well, you could always drive up to Big D and catch the plane with us

are ya in?? can I add your name to "checks in the mail"??

Kim

#28 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

are ya in??  can I add your name to "checks in the mail"??

Kim

Yes, definitly, I think. Put me on the list and I'll figure the rest out later. I'm not sure what days (7/5 or 4/3), but I'm gonna do this one!

#29 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

are ya in??  can I add your name to "checks in the mail"??

Kim

Yes, definitly, I think. Put me on the list and I'll figure the rest out later. I'm not sure what days (7/5 or 4/3), but I'm gonna do this one!

WooHoo!!

More men, more men, more men!! :D

#30 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

Yep, I'm there. Please acknowledge if I have this right. The 7/5 deal is 7 nights stay, which is 8 days on island, 5 days boat diving 8 maids a-milking etc. etc., right? Same for the 4/3 ? Also, could you please let me know what the price for the 4/3 will be when determined.

Tanks alot,
Hawkeye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users