• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OMG! My morning walk to work...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:30 AM

This morning, on my way to work, I had something happen to me that I have never experienced before - I had a strange man full on grab my butt!

Truthfully, I have to admit, it is something that I never thought would happen to me. I also always thought that I would react by grabbing and smacking a guy like that senseless. Well, I am here to tell you, the shock was so huge that I was incredulous and left speachless except to stop and say very sternly - "Don't grab my butt!"

Yes, I have reported it to the police but we all know nothing will happen from that other than they will have a record of the occurrence. Luckily I am not traumatized, just shocked and feeling slightly violated.

All I can say is LOOK OUT to the next guy that tries this. Miss Michelle is no longer going to be shocked by this behaviour, just very, very mad!

Any similar experiences people wish to share? Thoughts on what you would do?

#2 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

I'd laugh and scream... oh come on you pervert... is that all you've got?? you can do better than that! You call that a free butt grab? And, then if he's close enough, smack the crap out of him.

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:44 AM

Is the Italian Navy on shore leave in Victoria? Be careful out there!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

Actually they would have to be on shore in Vancouver... :cool1: The worst part, it was less than a block from my home...

#5 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:48 AM

OMG, I guess some butts are just difficult to resist. :dance:

I'd laugh and scream... oh come on you pervert... is that all you've got??  you can do better than that!  You call that a free butt grab?  And, then if he's close enough, smack the crap out of him.

Love it - what style/ :cool1:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#6 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

Actually they would have to be on shore in Vancouver... :cool1: The worst part, it was less than a block from my home...

Taking "being a good neighbor" a bit to far?

I had a co-worker who had this happen to her at a bar. She spun around and full grabbed the guy's crotch. I don't think I've ever seen a guy leave so fast before with a face so red.
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#7 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:53 AM

This was probably a member of the Pacific Northwest Bottom Profilers club. When his sonar broke down, he had to get his profile fix on the surface, you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#8 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:34 PM

Not saying that this was ok but....

Well, get it while you can enjoy it cause in a few years no one will want to come near it!!

That's where I am now!
Sempar Partus!!

#9 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

Even if I were never to be touched again, I think I will have to take a pass on this kind of "attention"...

#10 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

I'd laugh and scream... oh come on you pervert... is that all you've got?? you can do better than that! You call that a free butt grab?

C'mon Babs... tell the truth, then you'd grab HIM right back!!! :lmao:

Michelle, if you happen to know this individual's name I think there are about a dozen Grenada-bound SD-ers who would like to kick the livin' @$%*)!&!!## out of him just for temporarily dampening your spirits before our adventure.

On a side note, I would like to apologize for the unwelcome and grotesque behavior of this PIG... it's guys like this that make me embarassed to be a man sometimes. Sorry it happened darlin'.

Edited by Neptuner, 24 August 2005 - 01:27 PM.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#11 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

Don't blame ya!! I've just watched too many sexual harassment videos that I've started cheering for the villian!

I wouldn't want that type of attention either!
Sempar Partus!!

#12 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

Not saying that this was ok but....

Well, get it while you can enjoy it cause in a few years no one will want to come near it!!

That's where I am now!

Sorry, but I don't think that is funny in any respect. This was a sexual assault.

And yes, this has happened to me a few times. I remember it happening on a crowded A train from Columbus Circle to 125th St. in NYC. Also, at the pool in the Y while doing laps. Invading my personal space is nothing to joke about. MHO.

#13 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:34 PM

This was a sexual assault.

Which is exactly why I reported it to the police.

#14 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:38 PM

Yes, ladies - you are correct. I apologize for my crack at humor above.

It is indeed a sexual assault, and totally unacceptable. Glad it wasn't worse. Too often is is.

Turning to grab his scrotum may not be a good idea, either. Could backfire. Pepper spray perhaps, if in an area safe to use it...?
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#15 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

No apology required on my part Don! I knew that you were joking and simply trying to keep the thread light!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users