• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Mona Monkey Mission has begun...

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:25 AM

Well I'm off on my holy pilgrimage to the rum distillery, after another day of great diving, great eating and amazing people. Nothing like ending a day in Paradise by kicking back on the balcony overlooking the bay and enjoying a drink and some intelligent and witty conversation.

I have Photos of the twister game, the ladies of the Grenada trip, the ladies of the Grenada trip who have slapped me, and more - but I'm having uploading problems now - so I'll post them when we get back.

P.S. I just ran this post thru ieSpell - I misspelled intelligent :birthday:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#32 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

And then there were 5....

Most of our group left early this morning, leaving only Que, Michael, Rosa, my evil twin Kathy and myself. We are contemplating a most difficult day of sunning ourselves on the beach and taking a sunset sail tonight.

I think it is safe to say that we ALL had an amazing time on this trip! The diving was great and the people were even better! Grenada is definitely on my "to visit again" list!

Off to start my difficult morning by the pool....

#33 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:53 AM

:teeth: Evil Twin here. Never thought I'd meet my other sister from another mother in Grenada. The whole week has been a hugh blast, hopefully with many fond memories for all of us. See guys I can post (contrary to popular belief). Sad to see the week go by so fast :dltears: Hope you all have a safe trip back and will be looking forward to another trip soon.

Edited by little mermaid, 10 September 2005 - 11:54 AM.

#34 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:15 PM

I hope y'all are still having fun. I got home about 20 minutes ago, my plane was delayed over 3 hours in Barbados.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#35 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

Well, sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have been there. And I'm sooooooo sorry for those of you who were "stuck" there and extra day!
"

#36 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Hey Trey - we "see" you online right now... Are you missing us already?? :teeth:

#37 merman

merman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:divemaster

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

Absolutely. I hope you had a great day. So, where are we going tomorrow?

By the way, I was reading Hunter S. Thompson on the way back and have decided to call my trip "Fear and Loathing in Grenada or Adventures with the Hawkman".

#38 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:41 PM

I hope everyone made it home safely. We had a lovely evening at the BEST restaurant on the island (Coconut -- on Coconut Beach) after our sunset sail on the Carib. Cat. Thank you to all my wonderful SD travelers for making this trip so wonderful.

More details later when I get home tomorrow,
Que :teeth:

#39 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:09 AM

Yes, it has been such a difficult day here today. Got in two final dives. Dived at Windmill Shallows and Kohani. Saw lots of lobsters, morays, several tropical fish, including a large grouper, cow-fish and a beautiful orange frog fish. As a well known future poet laureate would say... another s____ day in paradise!!!

Then a few hours to rest and eat. Then over to Grand Anse beach to catch the sunset cruise on the Carib Cats catamaran. Simply amazing in great company (with Que, Michelle, and Kathy). Then over to Coconut Beach restaurant for a great dinner. Several "girl moments" throughout the evening. So much fun. Yes, and we did think of all of you guys who left today. In fact, here's to you

Cheers!!!

:teeth:

Then back to my room to wrestle with producing the trip pictures DVD. Que just left to go pack and sleep a few hours before her flight. Kathy leaves in the morn too, Michelle in the evening. I luckily get another day here, but it will definitely be lonelier as things wind down. Oh well.. Back to reality soon.

DG

#40 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:51 AM

Thank You Rosa for that wonderful shot of you ladies!
I cant beleive you guys are still drinking that Rum Punch :wacko:
:lmao:

I got home safe lastnight.

now I need to start writing the dive/trip and the toy drive reports.

:teeth: everyone for your part in the toys for the grenadian children :teeth:

Here's a pic of a few children from the orphanage that sharon davis was running.
I left that place :dltears: like alot of you did also.

B2B

Attached Images

• GrenadaKidscopy.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 11 September 2005 - 05:44 AM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#41 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:38 AM

And this has to be said. Thanks Kamala for once again organizing a great trip. It is NOT easy dealing with all the logistics, arrangements and most of all the different personalities on trips like this. I really appreciate it, and I am sure that sentiment will be echoed by all the other folks on this trip.

Thanks.

#42 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

:lmao: After an 18 hour trip yesterday I'm back in Colorado and missing having my breakfast with friends and that wonderful ocean view!

It was another great trip with SD and great to see old friends and meet new ones. One of those special benefits of SD trips!

I want to say a special thanks to my roommate Que, I hope you are feeling better and to my dive buddy Rosa, even though I'm jealous that you had the chance to get in another day of diving!

I hope everyone had a safe trip home and look forward to seeing and diving with you all again someday, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

For me, its now time to get ready for ski season! :teeth:

:teeth: Kamala for another great SD trip and I'll be signing up for another soon!

#43 George

George

IT Administrator & Owner

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

Sounds like this trip was awesome. Not sure how it could top Cozumel but perhaps the wench just keeps getting better with practice! :teeth:
Email me

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

#44 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

Back at work. :dltears:
B2B and rkymtwy (and anyone else from the trip who missed them) if you want to pm me your addresses I've got the photos ready.

P.S. Shout out to Trey - Great roomin' with you. Glad you didn't plan on sleeping on your vacation.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#45 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

I've got the photos ready.

Dearest, sweetest, kindest Henry,

On behalf of all the SD members who were not able to attend this most momentous journey, may I be so bold as to suggest you share some of your photos HERE as well? :lmao:

:teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users