• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Mona Monkey Mission has begun...

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

We are hanging out waiting for our ride! Several people want to comment on the trip while we await our carriage....

Bubski: Having the time of my life. Glad to see my old friends and new friends. The dive operation is very professional and very safey conscience. Wish you were all here... :)

Russ: G-mo is intimidating. I now have an inferiority complex that I may never recover from.

Hawkman: It is better to fart at 90ft than wait til you pass gas at the surface!

Rkymtwy: These trips so much when you have your clothes! :teeth:

Que: Instead of fighting the current...get behind a slipstream.

All: We 've been deep....and we are going DEEPER!!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:40 PM

And now G-mo has competition and is feeling inadequate. He may need a sports car to compensate...

#18 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

More photos from Grenada

HERE
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#19 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:10 PM

That looks like an awesome wreck.... :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#20 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

That wasn't a list of "hot blondes." Rosa may be hot, but she's not blonde.

Do tell...
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#21 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:01 AM

greg

Do tell...

Ummmm Well Geeesh :cheerleader:

Well Im up early this morning to post that this is really a great group of divers from all over the states and canada. WW makes herding cats look so easy. I have been enjoying going from one SD member to another and striking up conversations with them finding out about there lives and having alot a laughs with them as well. I am really enjoying the diving! there is so many different kinds of fishies/sealife/wrecks around here that my camera is on overdrive. Hawk is letting us download our pics to his computer so we can have a CD from everyones camera to share with people when we get home. sun50 has been my dive buddy/roomie and he has been a great one also. theres always the overall dive plan for the group but we are able to tailor our dives to what we want to do as far as depths and bottom time. sun50 has to return early to the states so I will have a bachlors pad for a few nights....so maybe the best is yet to come for me :cheerleader:

Walter has been great and he is giving you a day by day dive trip report and Im am sure that when we all get back home we will be able to contribute our experiances as well. thats all for now...

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#22 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:48 AM

What a great time. Wish I was there.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#23 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:14 AM

Have you guys seen the 60 foot woman yet?
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#24 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

I tried to post a report this morning - twice, but the power kept going off, so I gave up.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#25 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:34 PM

Yesterday, we made three dives.

The Bianca C is enormous! At 600 feet, it's 90 feet longer than the Grove. Michelle and I drifted it's length, seeing a Caribbean Reef Shark in the process. We hit 122 ft, but most of the trip was between 95 - 110 feet. I think Bubski & I were the only 2 divers on air.

The second dive was on The Cove - not a particularly pretty site, but there were some Long Snout Butterflyfish and I had dances with both Kathy & Michelle, so I was happy.

Our third dive was at a beautiful site called Flamingo Bay. I think we'll be heading back there tomorrow for the third dive.

This Morning, we started with the Shakem, a 100 ft long wreck in 100 feet of water. Nothing really to write home about, but the crane was interesting.

Our second dive was at Grand Canyon. That dive lasted 7 minutes for Michelle, Henry, Michael (Neptuner) & me. We dropped down in a screaming current. Michelle and I stayed together by grabbing the bottom and holding on at 59 feet. Deciding to abort the dive because of the current, we let go together and started a drifting ascent. As we passed Henry, he let go and joined the group. We passed Michael at about ten thousand miles per hour. We could barely see the surprise in his face before we was left behind. Within 5 seconds he appeared and made us a group of four. The four of us stayed together as we zoomed along. Reaching the surface, Henry inflated his sausage and we calmly waited for the boat to pick us up. It seems most of the dives got in the water, but few descended before the dive was aborted. Michelle refers to it as our 7 minute dive from hell.

We then moved away from the Atlantic side and found a nice site called Purple Rain. Michelle & I were again separated from a group moving way too fast. We had a grand time.

Tonight we made a dive at a spot called Quarter Wreck. Nothing spectular, but the lobsters are huge.

After the night dive, we headed over to the bar for a little BBQ. After dinner they set up the twister game at the bar. Since this entire concept of playing twister in public seems somewhat disturbing to me, I left them to it while I came to post a report.

Off to bed for me.

DSSW,

WWW™

#26 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:40 AM

I agree Walter the thought of a public display of twister Ummmm Strip Twister kinda made me nervous. before the game started I got inside info that WW and Michelle had put on multible layers of cloths on... :cheerleader: they where going to win at all costs I guess. for me I had only two piece of clothes to surrender so I voluntered to spin the wheel and tried to dance as much as I could to keep from getting sucked into the game. Jerry and Tray where almost naked when they got relief from the college students from a nearby med school ( insert smilie wipping sweat of the forehead) all in all it was a wonderful way to end another day of fun in grenada :cheerleader:

now I am wondering what todays adventures will bring?

B2B

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 08 September 2005 - 03:41 AM.

Amazon.com

#27 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

No time for a detailed report just now, but we did have three excellent dives today (the last of the trip). We repeated the Bianca C, then dived the Buccaneer and then repeated Flamingo Bay. Very cool dives.

I do want to say I was lucky enough to have Michelle as my buddy for all 14 dives and she is a joy. She's attentive and an excellent diver, if you get the opportunity to dive with her jump at it. The only moment she didn't pay attention during the entire 14 dives was when I tried to point out the Caribbean Reef Shark on the Bianca C this morning.

Seriously, this is a great group of people, I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet them all!

I'll try to give more details later, we're heading out to dinner..............

DSSW,

WWW™

#28 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:20 AM

Picture Preveiws

Here's the Mono Monkey hitching a ride to a HH party.

B2B :whistle:

Attached Images

• monkeycopy.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 11 September 2005 - 05:35 AM.

Amazon.com

#29 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:28 AM

here's bruce our favorite DM looking for WW inside the wreck of the King Mitch.

B2B

Attached Images

• KingMitchcopy.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 11 September 2005 - 05:38 AM.

Amazon.com

#30 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:32 AM

Good morning.

Diving is over, today we tour the island while off gassing for tomorrow's flights (My flight leaves at 6:05, most of the rest at 7:30 (some are staying extra days).

Our first dive yesterday was on the Bianca C. This time, Michelle also opted to dive it on air. We dropped down on the stern section which has broken away from the rest of the ship and layed over on its side. Michelle & I made a quick exploriation of the stern, then headed forward. Michelle & I were constantly checking on each other and we are usually within touching distance -- except for about 15 seconds I couldn't get her attention to show her the large Caribbean Reef Shark that passed us (in accordance with Grenadian traffic laws to our right on its way to the stern.

The second dive was on the Buccaneer, a tiny rusted out wreck just off a beautiful reef. I can't believe the number of Long Snout Butterflyfish I've seen on this trip - beautiful!

Our third (14th of the trip - 15th for a few) and final dive was at Flamingo Bay. We repeated this dive because it is so beautiful. The reef starts at about 25 feet and drops down to well over 100 feet. The top of the reef is vibrant and alive, the bottom has places that resemble the moon, dead rock, but yesterday it was gray and gloomy, a condition I doubt is found on the moon.

On the ride in, some spotted a whale, I missed it. We stopped and watched for a bit, but most of us just saw the water closing back in over it.

Que was feeling under the weather (we think she caught it from Doug, he wasn't well his last couple of days with us) and stayed in bed, so she missed the last day of diving. She was able to join us for dinner last night and was her usual cheerful self.

I'm off to breakfast, then off on the tour and deliver the toys...........

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users