• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SingleDivers.com 1st Regional Dive Event -Athens

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#1 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:24 PM

Summary of Details for the first Regional SingleDivers.com Athen's Scuba Park Dive Trip:

Hi All! On May 21st - 23rd we will be having a camp-out & diving weekend at Athen's Scuba Park, located in Athen's TX. We will be out at the park at 1:00pm on Friday, May 21st and be leaving the park on Sunday.

Details: Friday May 21st arrive at Athens Scuba Park 1:00pm (Map Included),
leave on Sunday May 23rd.

Park Fees: Certified Divers - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out
If camping Friday night and doing a night dive...no dive fee will be charged.
Students in Training - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out
Swim/Watcher - $5.00 per day + 5.00 to camp out

Park Hours:
8:00 am to 6:00pm (gate not locked on weekends!)

Map to Park: http://www.athensscubapark.com/map.htm

Upon arriving at the Park you will need to pay your weekend fee's for your full stay at the dive shop, & then tell them you want to head to Dock 10 & 11, or ask for the SingleDivers group....they'll know where we are! Many of us will be doing some dives right away early on Friday and of course night diving on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Some Rules of the Park:

1. The gates DON'T lock at 6pm on the weekends so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
2. You can byob BUT it must be in cans or plastic...ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS of any kind is allowed in the park!!!! (Not only can you be asked to leave for violating that rule but the ENTIRE group can be asked to leave for one person's infraction!)
3. More as we know them....

We are offering to those interested a Night Dive, Navigation, peak buoyance or Search & Recovery certification through Padi, Naui or possibly other certifying agencies if you need a different one. Please post questions in this thread so all can learn from the replys or feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Please stay tuned for more details and we will be sending a survey to all divers coming for the weekend how you want to handle food, lodging, & fun!!!

-Dejah

See you there!!!

5-10-04 Update:

Hey gang...just got an update on Athens and even more fun we'll be having:

Basically we have more stuff going on gang...this is going to be AWESOME!!!! We have a catered BBQ with Steve Sadler of Diving Rebels fame and legend for his all time awesome and award winning bbq's...certification dives if people want to get specialities i.e. peak bouyancy, navigation, nite dives, nitrox, etc. We will have goodies from manufacturer's reps and a local dive shop to show us some of the latest and greatest new toys such as dive scooters and underwater DIGITAL cameras...in fact we'll also be able to try them out! We'll have information on diving nutrition...a program called "Dive Deeper into Nutrition...Just add H20!" and raffles...door prizes...games and contests!! Oh yes hot tubbing and diving and loads of fun!!! Be there or...miss out on the MOST fun in fresh water you can have!!!

More...

Hey gang...we have just gotten more goodies for the raffle and understand we'll have prizes for participants! Now would be a great time to bring a friend to join us!!!

Modeling at Athens....Pinnacle Wetsuits one of our corporate sponsors will be doing a modeling shoot with several of our divers wearing their suits for possible inclusion in an upcoming catalog and other promotional materials. I understand Harleys and Tanks will be involved but you'll have to be there to see who it is! The local Pinnacle rep will also be on hand to help with the photo shoot...if you are professional or semi-professional calibre photographer...let me know...I need you!

e10 Energy Drink...this product is fabulous...no carbs, caffeine, or sugar and only 5 calories however it will give you that BALANCED boost you need when challenging your body. Its for diving...work...play...stress...anytime....and we'll have it at Athens so you can try it!!!

Ok ya'll, I want to know who is interested in joining me in a day long trip to Clear Springs Scuba Park to get wet? I need to get in some pratice time as I don't want to go on another Singles Trip and not be prepared, I'm looking at sometime in April/May as the weather will be warming up more as we get closer to summer.

So who's up for it? I don't have any dates planned out yet, but I'm sure something can be arranged with whoever wants to go... and we'll make a day of it.

Deb

Edited by WreckWench, 18 May 2004 - 02:24 PM.

#2 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:36 PM

Dejah,

Not sure where Clear Springs Scuba Park is, but I go up to Athens quite a bit and play around blowing bubbles. I know Calvin (the owner) pretty well and we always have a good time there. I am sure that we could get quite a few people from the board as well as others to make a day or maybe even a weekend of it.

Your thoughts?
-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#3 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

Clear springs is in Terrell, not far from Athens at all. I've been to Athens before as I did my check out dives there, however dang that day was cold... brrrrrrrrrrrrr

#4 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:46 PM

Yes, that water can get cold....but there is a lot of things to dive....airplanes, boats, busses, vans, etc.... Most of the time the visibility is pretty good also.

BUT, I am up for another dive spot/adventure. Hell, if I can dive in the Quadalupe River in San Marcos (The Comal River), I believe I can dive just about anywhere and enjoy myself. :)

It does sound like a lot of fun getting a BIG group together to just go play for a day or weekend.

I AM GAME! :dance:
-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

Hey chica...Terrel is COLDER then Athens...by far! I'd prefer Athens myself...maybe we can plan a local "singles event"...ok ok so quasi-local as our friends from Canada, Florida and Wisconsin certainly couldn't join us...but all the crazy Texans and maybe on crazy guy from Arkansas could as well. Tell me when you want to do it and I'll put in on the calendar.

Hey Walter...do we post threads like this under North America? If so let me know if you plan to move it.

Thanks for the great idea...ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:17 PM

Hey I'm up for anything on this one, I even say make it a weekend Singles and Buddyless shin-dig... that way if any of the wonderful people who are out of town want to get away for a weekend, then I say the more the merrier... :dance:

Athens is fine with me or Clear Springs... I'm not picky! However one of these days we'll have to do a repeat to Balmorhea..

#7 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:29 PM

This would probably be best in North America. OTOH, I don't see a pressing need to move it. I think it'll be fine here for now. I'd like to establish a general policy not to move threads any more than necessary. I'm sure Deb put it in General Diving for a reason. If it were in Feedback or Site Support, it would possibly get missed and I'd move it.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:30 AM

This would probably be best in North America. OTOH, I don't see a pressing need to move it. I think it'll be fine here for now. I'd like to establish a general policy not to move threads any more than necessary. I'm sure Deb put it in General Diving for a reason. If it were in Feedback or Site Support, it would possibly get missed and I'd move it.

Walter

I don't think she knew to list 'lets go dive' requests like this under the North America heading. Soooo maybe I'll fix that! In any event...the idea sounds fun so you can count me in! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:26 AM

Count me in.....I LOVE BLOWING BUBBLES.....<BIG GRIN> :taz:

#10 tankgirl

tankgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:32 PM

:taz: Athen's is not that far from Amarillo!!

#11 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:39 PM

Huh? :taz:

I'm so confused...

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#12 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

Hey Tank Girl,

Did you mean to respond on the weekend trip to either Athens or Clear Springs?

#13 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:47 PM

Now it should be less confusing.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#14 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Walter, however I almost got lost on that one myself as the thread changed names.... either way all seems good now... :D

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 02:53 PM

:D Athen's is not that far from Amarillo!!

Yeah!! Maybe you and Sherrie can join us too! That would be fun!

I vote for Athens!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users