• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Hurricane Wilma

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

With still over a month to go, we are facing another storm, Hurricane Wilma. All prayers for our members in Florida (Walter, Marvel, Howard, Jill, Scott, etc.) again hoping for a safe uneventful landfall this week-end.

Que

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,709 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:16 AM

I second that...and add to that Ari and Larry and Kerri all flying in from FL for the Fiji trip! (Hopefully I did not miss any other Floridians!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:49 PM

Likewise to all the other SD members in Florida. My mother is in Sarasota which, hopefully, will be off center track for this one. I hope all weather it without problems... and that there will be none between Nov 8-15 when I plan to be ther for my father's memorial service. Of course I guess "the big one" could hit LA then, but I've been waiting for it for 36+ years.

#4 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:42 AM

I hope everyone makes it through this storm ok...

Storm Map

#5 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:41 PM

I hope everyone makes it through this storm ok...

Storm Map

oooooohhhhh! That's pretty, Dejah!

Thanks for the warm wishes folks. Funny, Walter always offers me a place to run to & this time I was able to return the offer. He turned it down & offered his place as a refuge ito me instead but since this storm is expected to come in around where he lives & exit somewhat north of where I live theres really no benefit to either of us... :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

Donna is staying in Sebastian in our new home there. She should be just fine since the house is built like a fortress. Our daughter should be there with her, but there is room if anyone needs a shelter. PM me if you need someplace to go.

The house went through Jean and Francis without a single problem.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#7 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

I'll be thinking about all of you in Florida. Be careful and don't wait to long to get out. Hotel ScubaPunk is the only one in Texas that still has vacancy, and ya'll are welcome!

#8 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:05 AM

Hotel ScubaPunk sounds tempting........
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#9 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:26 AM

I read a news report this morning on Florida and the hurricane, and it seems they were hit worse than anticipated.

Has anyone heard from our Floridians today?

(I know Perrone is OK in north Florida since he's been on the board recently, but what about Walter, Marvel, Jill, etc.?)

#10 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:30 AM

My thoughts are with all of you as well. Stay safe!

#11 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:41 AM

I talked with Walter this morning. He is fine. Power was out when I talked to him. He told me that Marvel's front door and window blew in and she is staying with a neighbor. She will have a lot of wind blown water damage.

Donna and my kids in the Melbourne - Sebastian area are also fine. Power is out there as well.

The worst part of the storm is now off the Florida coast.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#12 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:53 PM

I've heard from my mother about six times today. Of course she is in Sarasota, north of where the hurricane came ashore. Oter than the strong winds and heavy rains she weathered it OK despite being right on the intracoastal waterway.

#13 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

I'm OK. Compared to south Florida we did fine. The winds were not as strong as any of the 3 we had last year, but still wasn't a great day. Now it is sunny and windy. Didn't have to go to work today, but then there would have been no way I was getting in a car and drive in the winds. Ft Lauderdale appears to have been hit much worse than Fort Myers. No one down there has power. JoeScuba had phone service this morning, but haven't been able to get a hold of him since he was in the eye.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#14 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

MY prayers go out to all of them. I don't know how much more you guys/gals can take. Be safe.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#15 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

I was able to talk to Marvel earlier today and she is OK. A bit shaken up, but doing OK. She had a window that was blown in and the front door of her place torn off the hinges. She has some water damage as well as furniture damage. She is without electricity right now and staying at her neighbors. She wanted me to let everyone know that she is doing well and thank you for the prayers.

She also said that their area has a lot of down trees and power lines. The electric company is predicting that it could take as much as 4 weeks before everything is restored. Let's hope that it is quicker than that and they can get on with their lives. She also said the stars are out, so she is happy. :welcome:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users