Oct 6-8 diving with Oct 5th and Oct 9th as travel days!
The water is still warm and the clear...the air temps are still warm generally in the 70's and sometimes 80's... bottom temps...78-80 and 60-70+ ft of vis! Not bad if they were hit by hurricanes...even more vis if the coast was spared from direct hits! 3 years ago we found porcelain German bowl...2 years ago we found sterling silver forks and spoons...and last year we found another brass ammo locker hatch and loads of small calibre ammo.
To See More...Click here for NC Photo Gallery
Who's Going? ONLY 18 spots!
1. Kamala aka the "Wreck Wench" 3 days/4nites-pd Rental Nitrox 100's pd - Waiver/Survey
2. Keith aka MNJoe 3days/4nites- pd Rental Nitrox 100's - not pd - Waiver/Survey
3. Tim aka netmage -3 days/4nites???-pd Fills - not pd - Survey
4. Monte aka BubbleBoy - 3 days/4nites-pd Rental Nitrox 100's pd - Waiver/Survey
5. Bill aka OTWDiver - 3 days/4nites-dep Nitrox Fills - not pd - Survey Only
6. William aka WRW - 3 days/4nites- pd Rental Nitrox 100's pd Deep Course - not pd - Waiver/Survey
7. Shae aka naeshy - 3 days/3nites??? Nitrox Course pd Nitrox 100's - not pd - Waiver/Survey
8. Kim aka Fingrabber - 3 days/4nites - Deep Course pd Nitrox, rental 100's- not pd - Waiver/Survey
9. Larry aka Orcaman - 3 days/4nites- pd Nitrox 100's fills - pd - Survey
10. Carol aka sandiegocarol -3 days/4nites- pd Rental Nitrox 100's - pd - Waiver/Survey
11. Amy aka barracudababe -3 days/3nites- pd Rental Nitrox 100's - pd & DM Services pd - Waiver/Survey
12.Que 3 days/4nites-dep - Rental ???
13. Norm aka Photographic Mercenary -No Hotel needed 3 days diving - pd Nitrox Fills
14. Sandy from PA - No Hotel needed 3 days diving - pd - Nitrox fills (pd) - Waiver/Survey
15. Amy from VA - No Hotel needed 3 days diving - pd - Nitrox fills (pd) - Waiver/Survey
NOTE: Red means we need info from you!
Check's in the mail...
1. Karen aka NurseShark 3days/4nites - Waiver/Survey
2. Scotty aka Dive Mavrick 3days/3nites - SO
Who Wants to Go...
3. Will aka Cybersyxx
4. Dawn Dobson
Full Details below:
Hey gang! ONLY 18 TOTAL can do this trip!!! Diving on History in North Carolina is a once in a lifetime dive you have to do at LEAST once!!! But I'll warn you...when you find out that there is Caribbean water with HUGE animal encounters and the most incredible wrecks that you can dive on or in...you may just get 'hooked' like some of us near and dear to you...ahem...me!
What You'll See:
REAL WWI and WWII shipwrecks..sunk as early as 1918
The U-352, the 2nd U-Boat sunk by the US in WWII and the ONLY U-Boat in warm, clear diveable waters!
Numerous U-Boat victims (not bodies) who fought valiantly for our freedoms!
Large animals such as Huge Southern Stingrays, Barracudas, Grouper, Amberjack, and yes SHARKS...SHARKS...SHARKS!!!
(Please note that we ask for 40+ dives and adv open water or equilivent in experience as these wrecks are 80-125ft in depth. The water temps are 80-85 degrees and vis is 70-150ft. No wreck certfication is required however the standard nitrox blend is 30%. Most wrecks do NOT have penetration opportunities and you must be specially trained to attempt a wreck penetration. Many of the wrecks have light passthru's where you can swim in and out to the light on the other side. Most of the wrecks are scattered due to frequent storms or if inshore cable layered to prevent hazards to shipping.)
See full package details below these summaries.
4 nights/3 days Diving/6 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB
$765 diver d/o $600 non-diver d/o
(All divers need to arrive in RDU Raliegh airport by 3pm Thursday Oct 5th for group van pickup. If from the local area need to arrive sometime on Oct 5th. We'll dive Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The local divers will depart on Sunday and the Fly In Divers Depart Monday Oct 9th from MHCity at 11:00am arrive RDU approx 3pm in time for 5pm or later RDU departures.)
Note: Please contact me for local VA/NC/SC drive in rates. Let me know if you are staying 3 or 4 nights and if you need tank rentals or fills and if diving nitrox..
Single Room Upgrade: $50 per night or $250 for 5 nites (limited single rooms available)
Nitrox: Nitrox Fills for drive in divers are 30% mix. 100's $12; 80's $10
Nitrox: Nitrox Rentals for drive in divers are steel or alum (mix is 30%) 100's $18; 80's $15
Nitrox: Nitrox Upgrades for fly in divers are 100's $12; 80's $10 per tank (mix is 30%)
Air: Air Fills 100's $6; 80's $5 for drive in divers
Air: Air Rentals 100's $10; 80's $6 for drive in divers
Air: Upgrade to air 100's $5 per tank for fly in divers
Air: INCLUDED IN SD PKG are 2 air 80's daily
T-Shirt Color Upgrade: The trip comes with a white SD t-shirt which can be upgraded to black or grey for $10 subject to availability.
Additional Sightseeing & Deep Sea Fishing* excursions: Historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach and Morehead City offer a host of shopping and fun activities on 'the boardwalk'. We can also visit Fort Macon which is the only fort to be commissioned twice in US History...first in the Civil War and then in WWII. (*Can be accommodated if we lose a day of diving OR you plan to stay a day later or arrive a day early.)
1. SingleDiver.com Premier Membership Mail In Rebate <$25>
2. Early Bird Booking Discount if paid in full by 12/01/05 <$50>
3. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via credit card or paypal please add 3% processing fee.
1. Payment in full by 12/01/05 receives $50 off the trip price and as always premier and charter members receive an additional $25 member discount via a mail in rebate.
2. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $200 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.
3. Deposit Schedule:
a.$250 due at booking to hold your reservation for trip
b. 50% of trip bal total due May 1st or $257.50
c. 50% of trip bal due $257.50 less "Early Bird Payment Only if qualified" due July 1st ($257.50 less any "Early Bird Discounts") Note: Membership $25 Rebate Form here.
Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.
If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.
If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section.
If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
How to Book a Spot on this Trip:
1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to email@example.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.
Included in the 3 dive day/4 night NC pckg:
SD's unique special touches noted in blue - we are unlike the others!
- Over ten years of experienced hosting by the "Wreck Wench" and the"Diver Down"
- 3 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day (air 80's included with upgrade avail. to Nitrox and 100's)
- Four (4) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman's Inn Hotel (100 ft from the boat)
- R/T Transfers from Raleigh Airport to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
- Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Wreck, Boat, Deep, Computer, etc.
- SD's Famous "Meet & Greet" Happy Hour and Introduction Party!
- Fabulous Fresh Catch & Steak Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
- Dinner reservations made for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
- Trip price includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
- Lead included, but bring your own weight belt, as belts are limited.
- White SD T-Shirt typically with funny saying on the back commemorating the trip!
Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $280 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 4 of 5 nights
Dive tips- typically $10 per day
Other incidentals Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice.
*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is $120 per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!
Note: PLEASE ask us if you are able and ready to make these phenomenal dives comfortably and safely! NC diving is not for everyone...but it could be for you!