• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Clear Springs on the 30th?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for the update Deb...see ya in a couple of days.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#32 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

Twinklez, I am a competitive bodybuilder and I am preparing for the John Sherman National Qualifier which will be held Nov 12th at the Cullen Audotorium on the campus of the University of Houston. I am in the last phase of my diet trying to get to 5% BF. As of this past Saturday, I was at 9%, so my diet changed to:
2 meals of: 12 egg whites and 2oz's of Cream of Rice
4 meals of: 9oz of fish, 1 cup of brown rice, and 1 cup of brocolli
1 meal of: 100gram protein shake

I can't wait for this to be over...all I do is dream of steak. :P

Looking forward to meeting you Sunday

And, whenever I can, I support ZD by eating a real ice cream milk shake in front of him. :teeth:

That's why he looks like he does, and I look I do. <sigh>.....

#33 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:34 PM

Twinklez, I am a competitive bodybuilder and I am preparing for the John Sherman National Qualifier which will be held Nov 12th at the Cullen Audotorium on the campus of the University of Houston. I am in the last phase of my diet trying to get to 5% BF. As of this past Saturday, I was at 9%, so my diet changed to:
2 meals of: 12 egg whites and 2oz's of Cream of Rice
4 meals of: 9oz of fish, 1 cup of brown rice, and 1 cup of brocolli
1 meal of: 100gram protein shake

I can't wait for this to be over...all I do is dream of steak. :)

Looking forward to meeting you Sunday

And, whenever I can, I support ZD by eating a real ice cream milk shake in front of him. :lmao:

That's why he looks like he does, and I look I do. <sigh>.....

Is that a Chocolate milk shake??

if so, get one for me too!

#34 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

What time are you guys getting there/starting on Sunday? I am going to try and make it.

OH! And current water temps. I looked on the clearsprings site and the last time it was updated was August 2. Will a 3 mm cut it or do I need something thicker?

Edited by BeachBunny, 28 October 2005 - 09:59 PM.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#35 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:39 AM

BB, I believe Dejah posted predicted weather and water temp earlier in the post and if my memory serves me correctly, the 3mm will be more than sufficient. I am leaving Houston about 6am so I should be arriving around 9 or so. From what others have said, they will be arriving around the same time frame and a little bit later.

Hope to see ya there.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#36 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:07 PM

I should be getting there between 10 and 11 tomorrow.. sure hope you do make it BB.. and see everyone tomorrow.

Dejah

#37 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:47 PM

Just a quick update on where we'll be tomorrow at Clear Springs, after checking in at the shop drive around to the left, upon seeing the bathrooms count to the 3rd cabana and we'll be there...

Dejah

#38 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

I made it home safe and sound. :D

Thank you all. I had a great time today meeting some new friends and seeing old friends today. The 8 hour RT trip was worth it.

Thank you to Twinklez, Trimix2Dive, BigTallHippie, BeachBunny, Dejah, FinGrabber, and the group from Surface Interval for putting up with me today. You are all a great bunch and looking forward to doing it again. Next time I promise I will bring my camping and dive gear. :diver:

-ZD

#39 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

I made it home safe and sound. :hugs:

Thank you all. I had a great time today meeting some new friends and seeing old friends today. The 8 hour RT trip was worth it.

Thank you to Twinklez, Trimix2Dive, BigTallHippie, BeachBunny, Dejah, FinGrabber, and the group from Surface Interval for putting up with me today. You are all a great bunch and looking forward to doing it again. Next time I promise I will bring my camping and dive gear. :P

-ZD

Camping with Zen.... :welcome:

#40 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:55 PM

I arrived Saturday night and camped over. Did a night dive with some from Texas Swamp Divers. Surface Interval had gone out and strung glow sticks in all the windows and doors of the plane at the west end of the lake. It was really cool swimming up to the ghostly green fuslage. We hit 40ft, bottom time of 55 min, and water temp of 69 degrees.

On Sunday Trimix, Beach Bunny, Alan (TexasDiveGuy from Scubaboard) and I made a trip back to the plane. Water temp 69 degrees with no noticeable difference of a thermocline. I'm sure there was one, but felt to me like it was at the surface! I think our depth was 35ft, and bottom time was 36 min. BB did well in her 3mm, with some light gloves and a hood. I donned the Pinnacle 5mm with wool lining with no hood or gloves and it only took a moment in the water to beg someone to bring me gloves. I was warmer with gloves and no hood than I was the night before with hood and no gloves.

Getting out of the water was a treat, especially when it came time to peel off the wetsuits midst a brisk breeze. Only a moment's chill though and we were snuggled in fleece and jackets with the sun poking out from the clouds.

We ate, visited, ate and visited! Oh...and shamelessly ate carmel apples, hot dogs, cookies and all kinds of other yummie goodies infront of Zen.

I do believe we need to do that again...maybe a visit to the Comal for a weekend where I hear the water stays pretty warm all year.

Twinklez

#41 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

It was lots of fun....even though the vis was a bit limited for my taste (in the water that is). I definately would have been more comfortable in a 5 mm but as a 3 mm is all I have I guess it was just peachy!

The best part was getting to hang out with some of you guys and get the opportunity to know you better (oh, and to oggle that big Zen guy).

ZD, I am so glad you made that looooong drive just to meet me! Er, I mean hang out with us! Glad to know you made it home safely and I wish you the best of luck in your little competition thing in a couple of weeks.

As always it was a pleasure and I am looking forward to doing it again although I will probably stay topside until the weather warms up!!

Ghandi

#42 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:06 PM

Good time had by all. Good to see some new faces.

#43 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:12 PM

I definately had a good time.. it was great to see ZD again and the others esp after not being real active for the past few months.. but I'm working on that. :teeth:

#44 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

We ate, visited, ate and visited! Oh...and shamelessly ate carmel apples, hot dogs, cookies and all kinds of other yummie goodies infront of Zen.

I do believe we need to do that again...maybe a visit to the Comal for a weekend where I hear the water stays pretty warm all year.

Twinklez

I didn't mean tease Zen with all kinds of delicious food...honest! What I really meant was get together for another impromptu day or weekend. :-)

I had a really great time!

Twinklez

#45 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, right....sure you didn't mean to torment him! I know I enjoyed it!

Ghandi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users